Does anyone else always feel hot?

I can never feel cold enough. The only time I feel satisifed is if I'm standing outside in the freezing cold. Otherwise im constantly seeking a fan or a cooler place in the house. My car is almost always on the lowest temp possible, and I'm always fighting over the thermostat at work. The girls in my office are always cold, which makes me think it's more of a guy thing, but I'm always curious if others with Psoriasis are always hot. I also feel like I'm sweating all the time. I'm not overweight, I feel pretty average in weight and height, but I feel like I've always got sweat on my stache or my brow.

41 replies. Join the discussion

Could your thyroid be over active? My husband had over active thyroid years ago and he was always hot. I am always pretty hot feeling but I am a 50 year old woman going through menopause. I would get some blood work done to make sure nothing else is going on.

i usually get cold.. my skin can sometimes feel really warm where my p is but thats about it.. its nice because i dont really get hot in the summer wearing long sleeves and pants..

I'm 62 and first diagnosed with P in 1999 or 2000.

However, I've been the warmest person in my group since my teens.

Good in winter, not so good in summer. And almost always the first to be attacked by mosquitoes.

They may be hiring in Alaska, if you'd like to carpool.

I'm hot! Lol I run real warm even though my temp is always below normal (97.8). My joint get achey in the winter and my skin always feels so hot I take 2 - 3 showers a day in the summer. I can't stand being in a clsed room. Always have windows open even in winter. I prefer a light wind too. I never attributed it to psoriasis since I have ppp. Idk. I'm hot though. Lol haha.

Kay :)

Same here I thought I was the only Sweat Monster !!! By the time I get to work I am sweating like some mad Farm Animal. Just doing routine chores about the house makes me sweat and the weather in the UK at the moment is sticky and humid I hate it..roll on Winter !!!

Kay,

I always suspected you are a Hottie ...

Was reluctant to mention it here, but since you brought it up 8-)

Bob

Damage to sweat glands or skin circulation could cause loss of normal ability to "dump heat". But if you are sweating, then something is catabolizing too fast, and overproducing heat. Thyroid could do it, I guess.

I can't really judge myself -- I like it somewhat cool, but I attributed that to "acclimatizing" to Vancouver since I moved here almost 30 yrs ago; the annual temp range is very narrow compared to what I was used to in Ontario, about 30°F to 78°F, compared to -20°F to 90°F -- about half the variation.

I, too, am hot! I often feel as if there's a fire burning inside me. My husband says I feel like I have a constant fever. I wondered if it was because of the MTX. Do any of you take it? I've been on it since January. I was always the one who wore a sweater everywhere because I would freeze. Even in the summer. Very rarely now. I'm reassured, once again, to find others who are going through the same thing I am in this journey. (BTW, I have PPP & PsA.)

I, too, sweat a lot. When looking up causes on the internet, the first thing mentioned is weight. But I have been this way as far back as I can remember. My doctor (GP) doesn't have an answer, blood tests don't show anything. If someone finds a solution, please post it.

I am always warm and I have been that way for years. I sweat at the drp of a hat even when I do small activities. I have been that way for years. However I itch profusly on the palms of my hands and soles of my feet even though I have no p there. Anyone else have the itching?

I am almost never too warm. I keep my thermostat set to 80 degrees in the summer (here in Florida). However years ago when I lived in London (UK) I was able to tolerate the cool very well. Having said this, back when I lived in London I was some 20 lbs heavier. Maybe the extra insulation helped against the cold?

_Lazza

Lazza you sound like my daughter. She eears a coat at my house and I sit in the fridge at her house. Well I don't do that but she sets her therm at 80 and I almost pass out! She has very high electric bills!

Hot Kay lol

Lol @ bob, I'm really just a sweat monster like pete. And currently I live in a humid area. Thinking about moving to alaska or maybe the north pole. Haha I keep my place so cold it stunted my dog's growth.

Kay :D

Hmmmm.......you know lately, I am freezing all the time. So I guess I am opposite of you all! Strange, because about 2 years ago, I was HOT all the time.....But now my fingers/hands and feet are always cold if not icy!! I have been diagnosed with Raynauds (sp?) so maybe that is part of my coldness, I am not sure.

I am glad that warmer weather is finally coming to WI! It should help a little!

Tara :)

i'm the hottest person in LA..sweat easily and when summer comes i'm at it's mercy.

People who know me well tell me they know it must be REALLY cold If they see me wearing a sweater...I don't even own a coat or a jacket. I live in the city about which Mark Twain wrote, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco"...and my menopause ship sailed A LONG time ago...I'm just HOT **tee hee** But, my hands and feet are almost always really cold because I , like you, Tara, have Reynaud's syndrome which affects my hands and I imagine the five screws holding my right foot together impair circulation. Hey, ain't we got fun??!

Living in south Texas is always hot and humid...so being covered up in 95 degree weather isnt fun here...I constantly have the air con @ 70 plus two fans circulating all the time..but i think its just the humidity that makes it even worse..

I have always been hot natured. I've attributed to being a yankee in Louisiana where it boils daily. Now that I've got P and PsA and I'm on super high doses of Prednisone (among other stuff) it's much worse now. I sweat like I've run the marathon at night. My coworkers have little space heaters ( I call them the sauna sisters ) and I keep a fan going all day. It's a nightmare to keep mascara from running and to look sassy when I'm sweating like the star player being interviewed at the end of an NBA game.

My crowning acheivment in all this is...I smell great all the time even tho I'm hot A-LOT. For some reason my skins chemistry handles soaps, lotions, and colognes so that when I'm running hot, it's like I'm a human Plug-In. No lie. People walk by my desk and say "What do you use? You always smell so good!" In this horrible disease that is slowly crippling me and making me miserable & physically sick, I take comfort that people still like to get a whiff of me. That makes me happy.

Kay if your moving to Alaska or the North Pole please take me with you LOL, I think I would do alrigte there :)

K pete, lets go lol.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders