Dead Sea Products

I have not heard of anyone talking about the dead sea in Israel how beneficial it is in taking away Psoriasis. The Mud, Salt, and Creams have fantastic results for people.

11 replies. Join the discussion

I use the products I can buy in the uk and they are fantastic

What dead sea products do you by in the UK?
Would like to have the names.

Have used the dead sea products that I bought from San Francisco Salt Co. They are great for soaking in the tub but have not helped with my skin.

I buy yarden genuine Dead Sea salts to soak in the bath and the salt scrub. I buy them from boots. The bath soak really helps :)

I get the large tubs, about a quart, of salt from my health food store, I tried psorisin (expensive cream) but it did not work as well as I expected. I'll keep using the salt several times a week. When my skin gets better I want to start using the scrub. I never get it on my face I think its because I scrub several times a week and renew my skin more often.

I use the dead sea salt products I buy here in the USA. Is it okay to mention brand names here?

At my old home, I had a big tub and I loved the salt in a bath. It was expensive but It really helped my skin. My new place only has a shower. I dissolved some of the salt in a spray bottle of water and sprayed it on my skin when I was sitting in the sun. Even better results and much more economical. I used a good lotion afterwards to moisturize my salty skin. This is really all I needed for summer maintenance.

Of course, I am old and my years in the sun show on my skin, but I don't really care. I would love a dead sea vacation! Trips to the ocean always improved my skin.

Now that cold weather is here, I am using a coal tar product for the first time since my parents rubbed it on me as a child. The smell hasn't changed :) but I am getting good results on my guttate lesions.

Have you used the mud and the creams. They work really good.

I did use the mud and a black mineral soap. Best I remember, the soap was too harsh and the mud was a mess to use. I am glad they are working for you. I have used so many different products in my lifetime. Some work for awhile and some don't work at all. I am always happy when something does work, no matter how long. :) The coal tar products seem to be working now.

Camel milk. Ever seen a camel with psoriasis? There actually is (or was) an Israeli product called Camilk or Psorolait that claims camel's milk to be an ingredient. I used it and while it is soothing, so's a chocolate shake.

I heard people who bathe in the Dead Sea have fantastic results. The Psoriasis foundation did a study on people going to the dead sea.

I tried Dead Sea Products from Palestine and its good for my psoriatic skin as well as the lotion..

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders