dating service or chat for psoriasis?

** Originally posted by stagejunkie **

Are there chats or services for singles with psoriasis? Man there should be!! Ive never dated anyone with psrs like I have , but Ive thought about trying to find some info Anyone know?

20 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by Allie **

Sorry, I can't help you on finding a pser dating service.

However, I would like to say, I have found the most wonderful man in my DH. He married me during one of my worst flares ever. Please do not limit yourself to only another p-person. Find the one person who sets your heart & sould on fire & you will find true happiness. I never thought I would find this kind of happiness (mainly because I am super picky), and I am in cloud 9 90% of the time. (The other 10% is due to him being a male stupid enough to declare "BECAUSE I'M THE MAN, THAT's WHY!") :eek:

** Originally posted by MamaMoose **

There is a thread on this board somewhere that is for singles. I'm not sure if it falls into the teen catagory or not, but if it is for teens and you aren't a teen yourself, start your own thread to meet singles. If a threads started, some that are single may respond to your thread with info on chat rooms or singles groups for poeple with P. I hope you find one. Good luck and have a wonderful and blessed day :)

** Originally posted by maryjoan04 **

Greetings from the Philippines..i've read your stories and i couldn't help myself not to smile. I wanted also to meet a friend here who have the same fate with me. I strongly agree with you that there should be a venue for us here. Goodluck to us.

** Originally posted by RichJ **

hi maryjoan04,
welcome to the p family and you have met some of the wonderful people on here and will find alot of great info. welcome and nice to met you

have a good night all

richard

** Originally posted by sarahincanada **

Sorry, I can't help you on finding a pser dating service.

However, I would like to say, I have found the most wonderful man in my DH. He married me during one of my worst flares ever. Please do not limit yourself to only another p-person. Find the one person who sets your heart & sould on fire & you will find true happiness. I never thought I would find this kind of happiness (mainly because I am super picky), and I am in cloud 9 90% of the time. (The other 10% is due to him being a male stupid enough to declare "BECAUSE I'M THE MAN, THAT's WHY!") :eek:

I completely agree!!!! the same happened to me, I married my hubby during my worse flare up after my dad had passed. Im also really picky but never thought the type of men I liked would accept my psoriasis, but when you find your soulmate they do. I do however see how a dating service for sufferers would be great.

** Originally posted by LottieBay **

Don't give up hope of finding someone here though. Rich and Patty are together because they met here and Katie and Rob got married a year after meeting at an npf convention. Other relationships have blossomed after starting here.Things do happen. Hang in there and you may find a special person.

Margaret

** Originally posted by macroflash **

Hi stagejunkie.

Here is a free psoriasis dating site: http://www.psoriasis-aid.com/dating/

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

** Originally posted by colours **

i'm so happy to read about P patients that manage to find their perfect partner and being happy. it gives me hope that there is true love out there, that aren't based on physical attributes 100%. i hope one day i'll find a man that can see the true me, behind this flaky exteriors, the fun, loving me. i do however prefer to date or someday marry a man with P as well, just so that i can take care of both his and my heatlh simultaneously by cooking only healthy food and lead a stress free and healthy lifestyle. i want to fall in love because i have so much love to give. i've been hurt once by the man that i though was the man of my life. but i'll find love again. i know i will.

Hi Colours!

I just want to say that I am sure that you will find your true love! A person who has love to give will find another person who is also yearning for love.

It is not about the looks. I have psoriasis, and I have met my boyfriend when I was at my worst with P, and he was at his worst after a car accident. It did not stop us from falling in love and staying together (7 years now).

Nobody needs a hurtful person who only cares about looks (as I assume your ex boyfriend was).

Don't give up, and good luck!

S.

** Originally posted by LilBudyWizer **

One thing is you're not quite as alone as you might feel. Psoriasis, particularly severe psoriasis in the young, is quite rare. Lots of people suffer from lots of differant insecurities though. You would be protective of someone with psoriasis, but not if they were overweight? Why is that? Does it really make rational sense?

Colours said "see the true me, behind this flaky exteriors", she probably was hurt by her ex b/f because of her psoriasis, and now she wants a man with the same health problem, who would understant this problem 100%.

The only problem is that understanding really only extends to the clinical aspect of the disease. You don't really have a unique understanding of it's emotional impact upon the individual. That is highly colored by the personality and personal experience of the individual. Your advantage is your willingness to give your time and show patience. People with psoriasis are a very small portion of those in need of that, but a large portion of those willing to do that.

Hi LilBudyWizer.

You know, you are absolutely right. It's impossible to understand another person with P, because we don't know what they went through (family, friends, private life, etc.)

I just think it's sick that some people judge others only (or mainly) by appearance. The looks will fade as the years go by, then there can be an illness, an accident, and so on. If your significant other only sees your looks, then they are either immature, or simply a wrong person for a relationship.

After being burnt like that, you don't want it to repeat. And that's probably when the thought of dating someone with the same problem comes to your mind.

I wouldn't say impossible, just not significantly more so than any other individual. You need someone you are compatible with. That certainly includes acceptance of your psoriasis, but that's one thing on a very long list.

:) agreed

I was lucky to have found that person.

Were you?

Yep, I found my one and only. I had all kinds of notions about how I would know her when I found her. Making her cry the first time I talked to her wasn't one of them. I'm stubborn. I had many a girl walk out the door screaming in frustration when I refused to budge an inch. It had me wondering if, perhaps, I maybe oughta consider giving a little ground. With my wife there were many times when I thought, oh boy, here's where she walks out the door only to find it was the right thing to do. Really, you agree with me, you're kidding, right?

** Originally posted by ICANTAKEIT **

Just take it one day at a time . One day , somewhere if it's mean't to be . Whether they got P or not it will happen ... Let it play its part .. always wanted to find a hot chick with P and be like we are 1 .. hehe

** Originally posted by Fidge **

I think most people (good people..) generally don't care, as much as we think they do. I think when you are nervous and paranoid about it, people begin to notice and think it's something you're trying to hide, which makes it appear worse than it is.

I was with a great guy for 6 years, he saw it, never said a word, one day asked what it was. Sure I was embarrassed, but after I told him, he said he didn't really care and when he touched my skin he only felt the "normal" skin and not the psoriasis.

Anyways, we broke up amicably, and I thought "Geez, it's gonna be hard to top that one!" but I certainly did. And he is again accepting of me as I am. And I really didn't need to lower my standards just because of my skin. Sure some people will pull away and not want to deal with that, do you really want to be with a person who's like that anyway?

Good luck in your search, just put yourself out there, even if on a NON-P dating site, and just see where it takes you!

** Originally posted by colours **

i'm glad to hear that some women are lucky to find the man of their dreams despite having p .. having said that,i consider my self a pretty interesting person.. a little bit of self loath won't hurt.. would it??.. i am not willing to lower my expectations of man just simply because i have P.. its just on the surface it doesn't dictate who i am.. i'd rather stay single than having to marry a jerk... i however, agree that if given an option i'd prefer to date guys with P.. not because i'm lowering my standards.. infacts i've known guys with psoriasis that are way better looking, and way more interesting that a P-less guy... i'd prefer to be with a guy with P , so that we can both be comfortable in our own skin and lead a heatly stress free life together.. it makes sense to b with someone who can understand exactly what you r going through... so, lets just hope one day i'll find my knight in shinning amour... i miss having to love and be loved...

** Originally posted by rex73 **

http://www.psoriasis-aid.com/dating/

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders