Check your PH level-I'm clear after 44 severe years

** Originally posted by RGates **

I have suffered with psoriasis for over 44 years and tried numerous treatments. Sometimes it has covered 50% of my body. The only thing that has ever worked for me is to tan and try to reduce stress.

Recently, I happened to read different articles about the PH level in your body and how an acidic environment can cause all kinds of problems with your cells, systems and organs. I read that if ones PH remains unbalanced, overly acidic or alkaline, and undetected over a long period of time, it may lead to many degenerative conditions i.e.: cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes and problems with weight gain.

I also read that researchers have made a connection between PH and diseases like psoriasis, eczema and acne. They say that "PH imbalance can have multifold negative impacts on psoriasis". They also say that "increased acidity in the body may create an environment that aggravates psoriasis". An acidic environment leads to toxicity which greatly impacts inflammatory conditions like psoriasis.

I went to the pharmacy and bought some PH test strips. My PH tested yellow which indicates a very dangerous acidic level. The pharmacist recommended that I try Vaasa's Buffer- PH+ a Homeopathic Medicinal.

I have been taking the capsules daily now for two weeks and my tests are now showing green (normal zone) but the truly amazing thing is that my psoriasis stopped spreading during another severe outbreak and in fact is almost totally gone right now. This is like a miracle happening to me. This has never happened before in over 44 years.

I also read that alkalinity and acidity of our system depends largely on the food we consume. After looking at the Acidic/Alkaline food chart, I started eating more alkaline foods and stopped eating the acidic foods like beef, coffee, and tea.

If you are reading this, please go to your pharmacy and purchase some inexpensive PH test strips and test your urine at home. It is quick and easy and you will know immediately if your system is too acidic or alkaline. Talk to your doctor about this too and see what he says. This is working for me and I want to share this with you.

Here are a couple of links that will explain this better than I have.

http://www.dermaharmony.com/skinnutrition/ph.asp

http://add-attend.com/buffer_PH_balance_general_information.shtml

http://www.taoofherbs.com/products/2218/Vaxa/Buffer-pH.htm?source=google&ke ywords=buffer

Reply Report post

66 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by DottieD **

Hi R Gates,
Your comments are very interesting, but they seem to go against the grain of standard physiology. That is, it is critically important to the many chemical reactions that take place in our cells, to have a constant pH, particularly as supplied by the bloodstream. Our bodies have all kinds of ways of keeping blood at 7.4 (slightly alkaline). Breathing out CO2 and forming an acid urine are two major ways we keep the pH in our bodies constant. An acid urine just means that your body is getting rid of excess acid...that doesn't seem like a bad thing.

My p was at its worst at a time recently when I was taking a lot of antacids (3 or 4 a day). The alkaline material put in my body didn't help my p at all.

I wonder if there is a different explanation for why this treatment has helped your p so much. Nevertheless, I'm very happy that you found something that is working so well for you!! Thanks for sharing this tip.

DottieD

Reply Report post

** Originally posted by bjmacc **

rgates...i hate to be a doubting bj..but i see this is your first post..

and the links i see are all selling something....i did a goggle search and in 10 pages I see no scientific study or literature or even scientific comment about this subject.

what am i to think?...do you want hundreds or thousands of people to take you at your word...people who are hoping for anything to relieve their suffering?

You do know what their doctor would say...hes say its crazy...so why do you ask..to make it sound legitimate?

I think if you want to be believed..if you really want to help then you will have more proof...some legitimate science,or some pictures, and perhaps not with links that sell a product.

i don't believe this acid theory..i would not buy the products until someone showed me some proof.

bj

ps, normally i'd be more succinct.....but i'm on my best behavior so the mods don't bite

Reply Report post

** Originally posted by abosiljc **

Well, maybe it is not advertising. I see that product name is Vaxa, and rjones used name Vaasa. So, I guess if someone really wants to advertise something he/she would spell it correctly at least.

Further, he mentioned that he started to eat more alkaline food. That complies with Pagano's diet, and we know that some people had success with it.

Regards,
Alex .....

Reply Report post

maybe Alex you are right...but doing a goggle search, i still don't see any scientific literature on it at all

wouldn't you think with all the blood work, urine tests etc taken in hospitals,clinics etc.....some science, some study..or university literature would surface?

maybe not.....maybe you're right..
bj

Reply Report post

** Originally posted by daytonaflyer **

I too have heard that PH balance can affect your P. The idea of eating foods that make your blood more alkaline has been around for years in the alternative medicine groups.
Although I am open to trying unconventional methods, I am a realist and natural skeptic and don't easily believe obscure, unproven theories.

I have also heard doctors say that it is impossible for your blood to become too acidic or too alkaline and the idea of eating certain foods to change your PH levels is false, also if your blood were to lose it's normal PH balance your body would reject the blood and you would die.

I don't know, you be the judge.

Reply Report post

** Originally posted by Shaman **

I have suffered with psoriasis for over 44 years and tried numerous treatments. Sometimes it has covered 50% of my body. The only thing that has ever worked for me is to tan and try to reduce stress.

Recently, I happened to read different articles about the PH level in your body and how an acidic environment can cause all kinds of problems with your cells, systems and organs. I read that if ones PH remains unbalanced, overly acidic or alkaline, and undetected over a long period of time, it may lead to many degenerative conditions i.e.: cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes and problems with weight gain.

I also read that researchers have made a connection between PH and diseases like psoriasis, eczema and acne. They say that "PH imbalance can have multifold negative impacts on psoriasis". They also say that "increased acidity in the body may create an environment that aggravates psoriasis". An acidic environment leads to toxicity which greatly impacts inflammatory conditions like psoriasis.

I went to the pharmacy and bought some PH test strips. My PH tested yellow which indicates a very dangerous acidic level. The pharmacist recommended that I try Vaasa's Buffer- PH+ a Homeopathic Medicinal.

I have been taking the capsules daily now for two weeks and my tests are now showing green (normal zone) but the truly amazing thing is that my psoriasis stopped spreading during another severe outbreak and in fact is almost totally gone right now. This is like a miracle happening to me. This has never happened before in over 44 years.

I also read that alkalinity and acidity of our system depends largely on the food we consume. After looking at the Acidic/Alkaline food chart, I started eating more alkaline foods and stopped eating the acidic foods like beef, coffee, and tea.

If you are reading this, please go to your pharmacy and purchase some inexpensive PH test strips and test your urine at home. It is quick and easy and you will know immediately if your system is too acidic or alkaline. Talk to your doctor about this too and see what he says. This is working for me and I want to share this with you.

Here are a couple of links that will explain this better than I have.

http://www.dermaharmony.com/skinnutrition/ph.asp

http://add-attend.com/buffer_PH_balance_general_information.shtml

http://www.taoofherbs.com/products/2218/Vaxa/Buffer-pH.htm?source=google&ke ywords=buffer

Stress constricts arterioles, reducing blood flow to peripheral tissues. This helps sustain the hypoxia which causes psoriasis. Relieve and avoid stress, and you will help eliminate the hypoxia.

You stopped drinking coffee and tea. Both contain caffeine, which also constricts arterioles, contributing to peripheral hypoxia.

Smoking, toxic stress, and alcohol also constrict arterioles.

Testing urine does not accurately test body pH. Urine is waste, what your body is eliminating. That is like trying to test the air quality of a home by testing the air in the garbage bag at the curb.

What you are really measuring is the pH of what the body is throwing away. This may indicate that the body is discarding acidic waste, but that does not mean that the pH of the body itself is altered.

PH in the body is very tightly controlled by respiration rate and tidal volume.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/bv.fcgi?rid=cm.chapter.1308

I read your references and what they are saying is not that the body has an altered pH, but that the acidic foods you eat may deplete stores of minerals, which are used to neutralize the acidity of the foods.

Shaman

Reply Report post

** Originally posted by nina2002nina **

Why so angry? The person is only trying to help. We are all here looking for advice. When anyone tries to tell us that they have found something that helps their P someone seems to get mad at them. It almost sounds like no one will believe anyone if they have cured their P and yet that is why we are all here on this P Message Board. I am seeing this problem on other subjects here also. It's a shame because we all want to help and be helped.

The person also suggested to check with your doctor. I'm not sure what you googled, but when I did a quick google search for - Research PH level psoriasis acid -some stuff did come up. This doesn't mean it is going to cure mine, but maybe it is worth a try. It may help some people. If you check with your doctor there should be nothing to lose.

Good Luck All

Reply Report post

** Originally posted by crespo **

Let's say your urine is clear like water (from drinking plenty of water), would this not be better than urine that is extremely acidic? I understand it is elimination, but what if it is always that acidic, doesn't that say something about the pH of the body?

Reply Report post

Why so angry? The person is only trying to help. We are all here looking for advice. When anyone tries to tell us that they have found something that helps their P someone seems to get mad at them. It almost sounds like no one will believe anyone if they have cured their P and yet that is why we are all here on this P Message Board. I am seeing this problem on other subjects here also. It's a shame because we all want to help and be helped.

The person also suggested to check with your doctor. I'm not sure what you googled, but when I did a quick google search for - Research PH level psoriasis acid -some stuff did come up. This doesn't mean it is going to cure mine, but maybe it is worth a try. It may help some people. If you check with your doctor there should be nothing to lose.

Good Luck All

Who are you talking to? I read all the responses and didn't think a single one of them sounded angry.

Reply Report post

** Originally posted by klammy **

Ouchyk, what does your sig mean?

Reply Report post

** Originally posted by klammy **

Oh LOL................

Reply Report post

** Originally posted by nina2002nina **

Who are you talking to? I read all the responses and didn't think a single one of them sounded angry.

I am new at this please forgive me. It was meant for BJ. The comment about expecting hundreds of thousands to do the PH method made me think they were mad. I don't think the original post was expecting anybody to do anything. Just giving out info about his experience. I guess I am reading alot of negative posts and getting worked up. I didn't realize P was so contraversial.

Reply Report post

hi nina...

Angry? Not at all..

It's called critical thinking ...discernment, analysis and evaluation..i looked at his single post, looked at the lack of any scientific support, and concluded without real proof such as pictures or studies that what he offered was questionable.

You said, "I don't think the original post was expecting anybody to do anything"
Look again.... he asked you to get ph strips, to look at the commercial links and to talk to your doc.
I didn't say hundreds of thousands...i said hundreds or thousands..which is true...that many do read these posts..

Nina, hope is a tiny bird that only begs for crumbs.. many here are looking for any small crumb to rest their hopes on...i don't want it to be in vain.

Now, I know relief is something all of us wants..I'm just cautious But i've been wrong before...it's possible this has merit, I hope it does....i just don't believe it from what little I found.

bj

Reply Report post

** Originally posted by RGates **

Hi folks, I have read the replies to my post and I must say I am surprised at some of the comments people have made. Instead of positive responses for the time I took to share my experience with you, I have to agree with Nina (thank you Nina). For some reason I too sense feelings of negative criticism although I do believe that constructive criticism is a very good thing and in this case will hopefully stimulate thought.

I would like you to know that I created this post at the recommendation of Alyssa Brown, Advocacy Coordinator with the National Psoriasis Foundation. I had shared with her my recent success story and she recommended I share my story with others using the message board. Her comment to me was that my experience is certainly thought provoking.

Alyssa is someone I have been working very closely with for the past several months in an effort to get Washington States Senators Murray, Cantwell and Representative Adam Smith to co-sponsor the Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis Research, Cure, and Care Act (H.R. 1188/S. 1459). Fortunately for us, they have all recently agreed to co-sponsor the bill.

Let me assure you I am not trying to promote any products nor am I trying to talk you into doing something. The only reason I added the links to these sites, after my original post, was because a reply indicated that my comments seemed to go against the grain of standard physiology. Since I am no expert in this, I wanted you to be able to read and make your own decisions.

Unfortunately, the only information I could find to share is on commercial sites that do end up trying to sell a product. You are right in that there is not a lot of information on the web about how pH affects our bodies especially how it affects psoriasis. Since I too question this, that is the reason why I said to contact your doctor to get their professional opinion. I am going to do the same soon.

In reference to one of the comments made, I would like to clarify that I am not trying to make anything legitimate. Also, I do not understand why my doctor would think I am crazy for asking his/her opinion about something I know very little about and could possibly help me. It cant hurt to be educated by a professional. I do not have any pictures to share because I didnt know I was going to have the quick success I have had. Consequently, I have no way to show a comparison or I would.

I have been trying to validate the accuracy of this information and recently contacted Sara McCall | Health Education Coordinator with the National Psoriasis Foundation. I asked to have someone at the Foundation look at the information I posted on the forum so I could respond back to you if I had said something that would give false hope to anyone. This is her response:

We appreciate the time you have spent researching this. Please don't
apologize for sharing what works for you. You are right, though, there is
not much information about pH and psoriasis that doesn't involve a
commercial site. The doctors on Vaxa's Medical Board do appear to have
legitimate credentials. However, Vaxa doesn't seem to make any claim about
how their product or pH affects psoriasis. Doing a search for 'psoriasis' on
their Web site yielded no results. Therefore, their information can't really
be used to back up a claim about pH balance having an effect on psoriasis.
As for DermaHarmony, the references they cite are not scientifically strong.

It is unfortunate that so much health information out there isn't
scientifically based. The Internet has really fueled this! However, I
applaud you for taking the time to ask the questions and look for the
research. Not many people take the time to do this. Please feel free to
share any of this information with anyone on the Message Board. Even if
there isn't a proven link between pH and psoriasis, this method still worked
for you

Sincerely,

Sara

Sara McCall | Health Education Coordinator
National Psoriasis Foundation
Direct: 503.546.8361
Toll free: 800.723.9166
education@psoriasis.org

I am taking the time to share all this with you instead of just walking away from the forum, as I first thought about doing, because I am very passionate about helping people if I can and I am very passionate about finding a cure for this terrible disease we all suffer from. My skin is clear right now and I hope and pray it stays that way for awhile. I have suffered for over 44 years and gone through various experiments and treatments to no avail.

The last thing I would like to say is, if you are not already an advocate, go to the Foundations web site and get the information so you can get your members of congress to support the Psoriasis Bill. We need to get funding so research scientists can find the true cause and so we dont have to try to find our own individual cures. Right now, there are only 10 senators and 61 representatives who have co-sponsored this important bill. According to Alyssa Brown, we need a lot more senators and representatives in order to get the bill passed.

As I mentioned, I just did this with amazing success and honestly, it only took a few short telephone calls and sending a few e-mails with information Alyssa provided to me. I found out that once the members of congress are presented with the information, facts, and our personal story, they will most likely help us by supporting the bill. They just need to hear from us and hear our individual stories. We have to get out of the closet and make our voices heard.

http://www.psoriasis.org/advocacy/tips/

Here is another site I recently found that has more information about pH and it's affects on the body. It does reference various doctors and has a list of references at the bottom. If nothing else, when you read it, it will give you something to think about and questions you can start asking like it has me.

http://www.ppnf.org/catalog/ppnf/Articles/Acid_alk_bal.htm

The last thing I would like to say is that I sincerely thank all of you who have volunteered to go to Capitol Hill Day, March 2-3, 2008, in Washington, D.C. and wish you the best of luck. I wish I could be joining you.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

Try to keep a positive attitude as psoriasis seems to thrive on stress and negative depressing thoughts. I speak from experience.

Reply Report post

I believe in science and I know that it doesn't have all the answers..but there is usually some serious study, reference or analysis of a regimen or its ingredients...and this includes much of CAM, Vitamins, milk thistle, glucosamine etc all have some support in science.... basically there is no good science here that i can find. Now, anecdotal evidence has merit which is why iI ask for pictures or testimonials etc...but only one persons word ...including my own, is a stretch.

Here is one doctors opinion.. Dr. Mirkin is a graduate of Harvard University and Baylor University College of Medicine. He is one of a very few doctors board-certified in four specialties: Sports Medicine, Allergy and Immunology, Pediatrics and Pediatric Immunology.

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/DSH/coral2.html

for those inclined..diet changes don't cost anything...it might be worth a try to eat different foods..but i wouldn't buy it without more proof.
and take some pictures....if you try it.

i think this is the company.. http://brac-huntsville.com/naturalpetaid/page11.html
and the doctors...http://www.vaxa.com/Board.cfm

and here are the ingredients..you can make it yourself if you like...

Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate,Calcium Carbonate,Aloe Vera, Berberine Alkaloid,Cucumber,Homeopathics:,Graphites, Natrum phosphoricum, Nux vomica,Rheum officinale, Robinia pseudacacia, Natrum Muriaticum, Natrum Sulfuricum, Kali Carbonicum, Kali Oxalicum, Kali Phosphoricum, Kali Sulfuricum,Magnesium Phosphoricum,Chamomile,Kali Muriaticum, Sorbitol,

oh what are all those big..names...table salt.. sodium phosphate..etc...you could make it yourself..

finally rgates....I'm all for it if it works.,,i hope someone tries the diet and takes pictures..or better yet , if it works that well, maybe you could go off it..take some pics and go on it again..

bj

Reply Report post

** Originally posted by grannyfranny **

Hi rgates,,,,,,,,,,some people are so negative,,,,if something works and does no harm,,,, I say,,,go for it!!!!!

You should hear what I get for using an antibiotic for a long time. I had the pustular on hands and feet so bad I had to use a wheelchair. Now I am clear and walking all I want.

Thanks for what you are doing.

Reply Report post

** Originally posted by GitOverIt **

I guess as long as there are people that fight the "Complementary and Alternative" methods there are going to be disagreements :) I have no idea why anyone that disagrees with natural systems of treatments, to try to help their psoriasis, or why, for instance, anyone else should give a hoot....do you hear anyone here going over to the other forums pushing what choice we make onto you? (generic you :) )....This treatment that rgates is talking about is called homeopathy, a very old form of medicine still used all over Europe...The Royal family uses homeopathic doctors and treatments ;)
I have used it for over 40 years on myself and family....ever want to see a sick kid go from hot, feverish/chills to normal without any harmful meds? when I discovered the Schuessler's tissue salts my kids got well and stayed well! they were not raised on antibiotics! :) In fact they still call it the "Magic Potion" and I have friends tell me years later that they are still using the "Magic Potion"

The CAM forum is always taking a beating! just what do you all think a CAM forum is? a place to gather and take pot shots at any ideas you don't fancy? :)

WE TAKE VITAMINS! AND AN ASSORTMENT OF SUPPLEMENTS....

WE LOOK FOR WAYS TO GET WELL WITHOUT RELYING ON DRUGS! PERIOD! :p

why is that so hard for anyone to understand? :D

As many of you know I got clear using the ph balance of foods that Dr. Pagano wrote about in his book "HEALING PSORIASIS" I don't need scientific evidence for many reasons....one being not all scientific studies are fair, just, or accurate....too many variables...such as how much, what quality, on how many, over how long a period of time etc etc! this week your chlolesterol should be 100 last year just get it under 200....or some such silly numbers! :)

Here is a link explaining all about the salts! but better than that there is an interesting article on the man that discovered the 12 tissue salts and how our body uses them....we all have them..... within, of course, our tissues!

http://www.homeopathyandmore.com/menu/cellsalts/cellsalts.php

Reply Report post

** Originally posted by ducaysa **

I am just curious why there would be so much debate over the idea of eating more alkalizing foods as opposed to acidic foods. According to common alkaline/acidic food charts ( http://www.essense-of-life.com/info/foodchart.htm ), doesn't it kind of make sense to stick mostly to the alkaline list anyway? It's healthier in a million different ways so what harm could it do to try it accept to make yourself healthier with the chance that your P. will go away? Does eating better need all that scientific research and evidence to back it up? Research and all that science stuff still hasn't found a "cure" for us P. sufferers so why is it such a big deal to have all that just to eat better and try something else for our P. Isn't that sorta common sense?

Reply Report post

Not sure what you mean. Seems to me that there are plenty of healthy foods on the acidic side too.
Obviously it's smart to eat healthy foods, but why even bother finding out if they're acidic or alkaline when there's no proof whatsoever that it makes any difference.

Reply Report post

** Originally posted by filmgirl **

I don't really feel like being slamed which has been happening a lot lately on here but I can't pass up this chance to say that ph balancing helped me a great deal.

After being on antibotics for 3 months straight my acid level went from 7.0 to 5.0 which is really bad. I had lots of joint pain and an out break of guttate started. My alternative medicine doctor gave me a list of alkalining food and started me on ph balancing pills which was basically baking soda. Over the last 9 months my Ph has slowly climbed and with it my psoriasis has decreased to a point I only have about 20 very small dots left. My ph level which I test with saliva because saliva comes from the liver is now sitting at 6.9 and still rising.

When I eat a day or two of acid forming foods new dots appear.

I don't think ph balancing will change everybody's psoriasis but for me I feel better(no more joint pain), happier and calmer then I have in a year and am greatful for a way to help me monitor my psoriasis.

Donna

Reply Report post