Candida? Parasites? Connection anyone?

** Originally posted by PaddyH **

Hi everyone. I have a story to tell that may turn some stomachs. I thought I would share to see if anyone else has made this connection with their own P. Today I went and had my first colonic done. I have read the mixed feelings of colonics on some of the threads here but decided it was worth a try for me. The technician had a lot of experience treating stubborn skin conditions using hydrotherapy. She gave me some info on the relationship between candida and parasites. Said they usually accompany each other. She also had a strong belief that P was a direct cause of Candida. In the removal tube it was plain to see some abnormal looking stuff come out. I know this is gross & I appologize for the content. I share for educational purposes only. I have never experienced the more common candida symptoms, but I do have most of the less common symptoms. Psoriasis being the major one. So as if my diet isn't exclusive enough I am now going to get even stricter and elliminate all the yeast friendly foods as well. Let me know if anyone else thinks there is a connection.
Thanks

22 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by crowfriend **

Well, that was brave of you! What do you mean by "abnormal looking stuff"? Are you going to do it again, or is it a one-time kind of thing?

Do keep us posted on how you fare.

I made another appointment for next friday. Usually takes a few visits for parasites and stuff. Abnormal... The technician was the eyes here. It all looked the same to me. I guess it was more "stringy" or something. I was sort of laughing to myself there. The things we put ourselves through to cure this disease. Kind of ridiculous! She made some good recommendations for herbs and other support methods. She also gave me the phone # of a woman who sells alkaline ionized water from her house. I had heard about this type of water being used extensively in Japan in hospitals and such. Its the highest form of antioxidants found on earth. The lady I bought the water from said her friend cured herself with it after having psoriasis for 27 years. I don't usually buy into the "cure-all" world. I try things based on the scientific sense they make to me. The only form of allopathic medicine I have used for my P is steroid ointments and that was a long time ago. Not to say I wouldn't take something if I thought it would cure me and if it was safe. I just feel scared to try the bio drugs due to the side effects. I really feel that when I try some new approach or treatment, I do it for everyone with P hoping eventually something will work & I can share it with others. I'll keep you posted.

** Originally posted by DottieD **

Hi Paddy -
I have been broadening my reading in order to learn more about inflammation, since some of what these books say could be applicable to psoriasis. I just finished a book on rheumtoid arthritis written by a woman who was able to control her RA by a careful program of dietry modification (Conquering Arthritis by Barbara Allan). The way she started her program was to do enemas twice a day for a period of about 4 days, in order to completely clear out her gut so that she could test various foods for their inflammatory effect in her body.

She mentions in the book that yeast overgrowth in the intestines can contribute to food sensitivities. (A "sensitivity" is an allergic-type response that makes a susceptible person develop inflammation in their body.) She goes on to say that if you suspect yeast overgrowth in your gut, avoid milk and other dairy products, and foods high in surgar, including fruits and fruit juices. And she recommends a book that explains how to identify and treat yeast overgrowth: The Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook by J.M. Martin and Z. Rona, M.D.

There was a little in her book on parasites in the gut, but not much. Basically, her point was that when you take antacids or oral medications for inhibiting acid in the stomach, you increase your risk for yeast and parasites. However, taking probiotics, either in yogurt or as a supplement, inhibits the growth of yeast and parasites.

DottieD

Thanks for the info. Honestly I feel that there has to be a simple solution to this problem. I guess I feel that way in general about health. I rarely go to the doctor or take my kids to the doc (unless I really feel it is necessary). I believe that natural remedies really do work because I have seen it. I have become somewhat of a doctor to my own family as well as my friends over the years. I do more research than most doctors probably do. Anyway, I have felt since I started getting P that something was off in my body. I had my first round of P about 9 years ago. It was G-P. Backs of my legs covered but the steroid cream healed it pretty quickly. It was gone for years and came back after I developed carpal tunnel syndrome and at my last resort (intolerable pain) I had cortisone shots injected in my wrists. About a month later my skin broke out (connection? trigger?). The place I have it the worst is on the tops of my hands. It goes away in the winter (go figure!) and comes on in the warmer months. I don't know why other than maybe it's the photo-sensitive kind. I am really working on getting to the source. Other than because it is so annoying and painful, I have a new reason. I am in school to become an aesthetician because I really want to help people with skin problems. I know how devastating P can be as well as acne, roseacea etc... I am up against the wall because how can I help others if I can't even figure out my own problems. Being that it is highly visible it makes me very insecure. This is what drove me to the colonic world. I felt it was worth a try. I have been a vegan for 22 years, I eat 99% organic, I don't drink/smoke, I exercise everyday and meditate. So the belief that if you "cleaned up your diet/lifestyle" doesn't apply to me. I wish it were that simple. I am going to try the Anti-Candida diet. The only thing that I will really have to alter is my consumption of fruit as I don't eat sugar or any of the other no-no's on the list. It shouldn't be too hard. I also started taking a formula of herbs/vitamins that are supposed to help kill the yeast/parasites. It makes sense to me now that this may be the cause of a lot of my other health issues (bloating, lethargy, etc..). As far as the ionized water... I have been spraying the water on my skin and drinking 8 oz for 2 days and my P looks like it is fading. Could be the colonic that helped but I think the topical application is helping a lot. I still put my homemade ointment on my spots a couple of times a day but have been spraying the water around the clock. I'll keep you all posted om my progress and conclusions. I wish everyone out there healing.

** Originally posted by wildflowerAnn **

I'm frequently asked for supporting references. Can anyone cite a scientific study that supports the claim that we have psoriasis because we have parasites in our body?

Karen,
I had a colonoscopy last November, and drinking the Miralax prep certainly will cleanse the colon. I would think that if I had a parasitic infestation, the gastroenterologist would have noted this.

Anyone,
Here's a tip for anyone on a budget. If you want to cleanse your colon without paying for an enema at a naturopath's office, follow the colonoscopy prep. Purchase 64 ounces of Gatorade and add the ENTIRE bottle of Miralax powder. Drink a glass every hour, and stay near a bathroom. You'll be fully cleansed. :)
Of course, this might not be healthy if there are other problems, so you might want to ask your physician if cleansing is advisable for you.

I want to report what i feel & see. I don't know if it is the anti candida/parasite herbal supplement I am taking, or the colonic, or the alkaline water I am drinking $ spraying... but something is changing & fast. Lesions are mostly gone, stubburn areas included. I may quit somethings to find out what is really helping.
Thanks,
Paddy

** Originally posted by crowfriend **

Wow, that's great. You must feel pretty happy about that!

This is what I have been experiencing the last 2 weeks. I have had 2 colonics. After each one my p improves greatly for about 3 days. After which over night it comes back. I am gearing myself up to start the very strict (and very limited) candida diet. Funny thing is I already mostly eat that way. No dairy, meat or sugar for 22 years now. But I do eat grains and fruit. Wondering if anyone has had success on an alkaline diet before?

** Originally posted by abuabdallah **

Hi everyone. I have a story to tell that may turn some stomachs. I thought I would share to see if anyone else has made this connection with their own P. Today I went and had my first colonic done. I have read the mixed feelings of colonics on some of the threads here but decided it was worth a try for me. The technician had a lot of experience treating stubborn skin conditions using hydrotherapy. She gave me some info on the relationship between candida and parasites. Said they usually accompany each other. She also had a strong belief that P was a direct cause of Candida. In the removal tube it was plain to see some abnormal looking stuff come out. I know this is gross & I appologize for the content. I share for educational purposes only. I have never experienced the more common candida symptoms, but I do have most of the less common symptoms. Psoriasis being the major one. So as if my diet isn't exclusive enough I am now going to get even stricter and elliminate all the yeast friendly foods as well. Let me know if anyone else thinks there is a connection.
Thanks

HI PADDY I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT!

As published in The Archives of Dermatology, Volume 120, April 1984:
Nancy Crutcher, M.D., E. William Rosenberg, M.D., Patricia W. Belew,
PhD, Robert B. Skineer, Jr., M.D., N. Fred Eaglstein,D.O. of the
University of Tenessee Center for the Health Sciences, 956 Court Ave.
Room 3C13, Memphis, TN, and Sidney M. Baker, M.D. of New Have,
Connecticut report on 4 cases of long term, bodily psoriasis (10-25
years) cured with oral nystatin within several months.

Nystatin, a weak antifungal drug, primarily targets intestinal yeast (Candida)

As published in the Acta Derm Venereol in 1994:

Robert B. Skinner, Jr., E. William Rosenberg, and Patricia W. Noah
report results of studies that demonstrate that psoriasis of the palms
is frequently associated with Candida. 7 out of 9 patients were cured
or substantially improved after treatment with anti-fungal drugs.

There have also been numerous other studies published that have
correlated dermatological diseases with Candida of the skin and
gastrointestinal tract

In 1994, at the 6th International Psoriasis Symposium in Chicago,
William Rosenberg (Tennessee) stated:

"The use of antimicrobial therapy is based on the principle that
psoriasis is the end manifestation of the skin's defense system
attempting to eliminate microorganisms via activation of the
alternative complement pathway in the epidermis."

//////and///////

"Therefore, clearing of psoriasis can be accomplished by eliminating
or reducing the responsible microbial foci."

THE INARGUABLE TRUTH IS THIS,

When I consider that my ONLY options are chemotherapy in a pill, or medication to turn off my immune system, pr STEROIDS i see treating it at a microbial level the most sensible!

So, there is a CANDIDA LINK Recent clinical and experimental data favor the role of intestinal Candidiasis in seborrhoic dermatitis. 3 One study 1 compared the presence of Candida albicans in the saliva and feces of psoriatic patients to a control group. They proved that Candida is one of the psoriasis causes and that a Candida treatment program should be used along side any other treatment.

Anti-fungals were shown to cure 7 out of 9 patients with psoriasis of the palms. 8

Another study 2 looked at patients with scalp psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp (psoriasis capillitii). Yeasts were found in half of the tongue cultures and in 1/8 th of the scalp scales. Nearly three quarters of the patients had massive yeast colonization in their stool specimens! 2,5 Further proof that Candida is one of the psoriasis causes.

A study in 1997 analyzed more than 40,000 patients and showed that patients with atopic dermatitis and psoriasis had elevated levels of Candida in the intestines. 4 The analysis showed that Candida colonization in the digestive tract can be one of the psoriasis causes.

One group of researchers 7 recommends performing a micro-biologic investigation (checking for viruses, bacteria and fungi like Candida). They go on to state that a trial of antimicrobial treatment should precede any plan to treat psoriasis patients with anything more than the simplest topical agents. Results obtained with this approach compare favorably with those achieved with more usual anti-psoriasis treatments.

Infants can also get a type of psoriasis known as infantile seborrheic dermatitis 6. Research has shown that Candida yeast has a primary role in this psoriasis causes. Infantile seborrheic dermatitis often develops during the transition from breast feeding to using cow's milk.
Nail Infection

Over 80% of psoriasis sufferers have infected nails as well 10. This can be a part of the psoriasis or it can be a fungal infection of the nail known as Onychomycosis.

Either way the root cause is most likely Candida. Follow the Natural Candida Cure and it should clear up. With any nail infection, it will take 6-18 months of treatment to get new healthy nails.

If Candida is your psoriasis cause, the best way to treat it is with a Candida treatment program.

Many of the studies listed here treated the Candida overgrowth with oral nystatin. Nystatin, a weak antifungal drug, primarily targets intestinal yeast. It is fairly safe but there are side effects so use it only under a doctors supervision.

In one study 9, 4 cases of long term, bodily psoriasis (10-25 years) were cured with oral nystatin within several months. In another study, nystatin treatment created a fast and long-lasting regression of seborrheic dermatitis. 3

As you can see, there have been numerous studies published that have correlated dermatological diseases with Candida of the skin and gastrointestinal tract (ie Candida is one of the main psoriasis causes).

Do yourself a favor, try the Natural Candida treatment. It is inexpensive, safe, available without a prescription and may just put you on the road to true, vibrant health once again!!

BASED ON RESEARCH THERE IS A CANDIDA LINK!

Waldman, A et al (May 2001). "Incidence of Candida in psoriasis--a study on the fungal flora of psoriatic patients." Mycoses 44(3-4): 77-81. [Abstract]

Senff, H, et al. (Jan 1990). "Studies on the yeast flora in patients suffering from psoriasis capillitii or seborrhoic dermatitis of the scalp." Mycoses 33(1): 29-32. [Abstract]

Buslau, M., Hänel, H., and Holzmann, H. (Oct 1989). "The significance of yeasts in seborrheic eczema." Hautarzt 40(10): 611-13. [Abstract]

Henseler, T. and Tausch, I. (1997). "Mycoses in patients with psoriasis or atopic dermatitis." Mycoses 40 Suppl 1: 22-28. [Abstract]

Buslau, M., Menzel, I. and Holzmann, H. (Feb 1990). "Fungal flora of human faeces in psoriasis and atopic dermatitis." Mycoses 33(2): 90-94. [Abstract]

Oranje, A.P., et al. (Jul 1987). "Is juvenile seborrheic dermatitis a candidiasis? Studies of a possible link with microbial infections." Tijdschr Kindergeneeskd 55(3): 87-92. [Abstract]

Rosenberg, E.W., et al. (Apr 1994). "Microorganisms and psoriasis." J Natl Med Assoc 86(4): 305-310. [Abstract]

Rosenberg, E.W., et al. (1994). "Psoriasis of the palms and soles is frequently associated with oropharyngeal Candida albicans." Acta Derm Venereol Suppl 186: 149-150. [Abstract]

Crutcher, N., et al. (Apr 1984). "Oral nystatin in the treatment of psoriasis." Arch Dermatol 120(4): 435-436. [Abstract]

Larsen1, G.K., et al. (May 2003). "The Prevalence of Onychomycosis in Patients with Psoriasis and other Skin Diseases." Acta Dermato-Venereologica 83(3): 206-209. [Abstract]

Rosenberg maintains that psoriasis is an inherited fault in the body's antigen antibody response to foreign organisms, particularly candida albicans, which can bring on psoriasis. Both have published studies on their success in treating psoriasis with an anti candida approach.

Dr Mansfield returned to England and began treating his psoriasis sufferers as if they had candida. They were given fungicide such as Nystatin, Fungizone or a newer preparation such as Sporanox, while recommending a diet free of sugar, all refined carbohydrates (those made with white flour) and all yeasted foods.

** Originally posted by DottieD **

Your post is very interesting, and it seems reasonable that some people with p may be helped by decreasing the population of candida in their gut. But you didn't explain what the "Natural Candida Treatment" is.

** Originally posted by deeann **

...I'm soooo tired of people trying to make a buck off other's misery....

I agree to a large extent, Daniel. I have spent a fortune trying to find my "cure." Unfortunately, I am still looking and becoming more and more frustrated -- not to mention the pain -- every day.

** Originally posted by hammertime **

"Your post is very interesting, and it seems reasonable that some people with p may be helped by decreasing the population of candida in their gut. But you didn't explain what the "Natural Candida Treatment" is."

The answer is, that the candida treatment, is a diet that excludes all sugars, yeast and dairy, for a certain length of time, depending on what type of clinician or doctor you are working with. This process starves all of the yeast in your body, because the yeast feeds on sugar, and obviously you take yeast out of the diet so that it doesn't replenish.

Once all of the yeast is gone you take probiotics, which are the healthy bacteria that lives in your stomach and intenstines like (lactobacillus acidophilus). By taking probiotics you fill the space up in the intestinal lining so that yeast has no where to settle back in.

The reason that people believe that yeast can cause psoriasis is because the candida albicans (yeast) bacteria plant roots that grow through your intestinal lining creating holes that let toxins seep through. So the P would be a reaction to the toxins that are not being properly processed.

Most people are aware that psoriasis is linked to auto immune problems, and the immune system in general, well really the core of your immune system is your gut and the bacteria live down their and how well they break down toxins and harming bacteria.

Really the only use they have found for yeast in our bodies is, that it breaks down our bodies and decomposes them when we die. So when you have a surplus it basically starts doing that prematurely.

I'm not saying that candida is the cause for every single persons psoriasis, how ever it should definitely be looked into, even for your health in general.

Similar diets have been successful in dealing with other immune disease like arthritis and HIV, even cancer. Parents who have children with autism claim that their kids have significantly improved going on a gluten free diet. However that has not been proven scientifically only through individual parental reports.

Im not a doctor, this is simply what I have found through doing a lot of research. If this makes sense to you look it up and find out more, and if this doesnt make sense then look it up and find out more.

Hopefully this answers your question

your right its not the core. but are you saying that it has nothing to do with your immune system?

"Psoriasis can be provoked or exacerbated by a variety of different environmental factors, particularly infections and drugs.
Strong evidence exists for the induction of guttate psoriasis by a preceding tonsillar Streptococcus pyogenes infection, whereas
disease exacerbation has been linked with skin and/or gut colonization by Staphylococcus aureus, Malassezia, and Candida albicans."

Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, St Mary's Campus

London, UK

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18021899?ordinalpos=2&itool=EntrezSystem 2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_DefaultReportPanel.Pubmed_RVDoc Sum

thanks for the welcome.

I see what you mean, I appreciate what your are saying. It is important to have the balance of being realistic. but I also feel that something doesnt need to work for millions if you happen to be one of the handful that it works for. And you'll never know if you are one of those people until you try.

Like the gluten free diet helping kids with autism. Even though they can't scientifically prove that, do you think that that matters to the families that watched their kid benefit from it.

Sometimes people need hope, just to feel like at least they are making an effort. I just feel like as long as the treatment is not harmful why not let people have it, if they think it might work for them. Or atleast let them do the research themselves.

Even if its just a placebo effect, if it works whats the difference.

I know that you are just trying to look out for people and save them the dissapointment, and you might be right, but I just wanted to show the other side to it. As cheesy or cliche as it sounds sometimes people do just need some hope.

** Originally posted by nina2002nina **

.../sigh

Again, re-reading I'm left to think that many of you think I'm hostile ~ I'm honestly not. My concern is having someone new to this disease falling into the 'hope to failure' trap and find themselves genuinely discouraged. It's generally a great idea to insure that one's body is free of parasites and yeasts, but it's also a great idea to understand that those alone are not enough in treating this disease.

I'm trying to wave an olive branch . . .

I was new to the disease last year and I came here to this forum and started a diet that is helpful with yeast although I didn't have yeast or at least I didn't think so. The diet helped me tremendously and I didn't fall into the "failure trap". Just the opposite happened for me. Some may fail and get discouraged, but others may have success and clear their P. I wish everyone would stop discouraging people from helping themselves on this forum. It just seems like everytime someone comes to this forum to ask questions about alternative treatments their is someone right there to discourage them. That is what is discouraging to me.

** Originally posted by JayBee **

daniel-

just because there are some on the board that deem any type of questioning or skepticism as negativity does not make it so. we need checks and balances to maintain a sense of moderation. don't be disuaded by those who are only interested in what they have determined to be their own personal truth.

jb

Much as I enjoy this section of the NPF boards, it's obvious to me that I don't fit in here. While on my end of things, what I type I try and be a tempered voice. I'll discontinue reading and posting in the C&A in order to not spread my skeptisism.

Hello everyone!

Ok, so heres what ive been thinking, Barneys formula inarguably has worked for some, theres 100001 links he's posted that suggests Vitamin D is beneficially in controlling psoriasis.

Ok, so we dont know what CAUSES psoriasis in EVERYONE, some get it from contact with poision ivy, others inherit it. BUT psoriasis can be casued by nutrional deficiency right?

Some people have gotten 100% better from the Pagano saffron, sliiperyelm bark, letchien, colonic therapy, i know i havent.

Some people have gone into remission from valium, which would suggest that in certain people controlling thier stress level was the key to remission, For some it may be as easy as laying in the sun, for others accupuntcure,

BUT THROUGH the process of elimination and by trying one or all of these things someone takes a multidimensional appraoch by targeting aggravating factors, such as stress, canddida, strep-, staph-, nutrional deficeiency, etc etc

OK, so ive heard people talk about dr. madelene heng who has supposedly worked miracles for people with psoriasis.

When i got info back from her, what did she suggest?

Oral pharmaceutical treatment:

Keflex - or appropriate antibiotic for the bacterial superinfection until clear (usually in 4 months, longer for palms and soles). If skin cultures are positive for MRSA infection (methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection, other appropriate antibiotics may be necessary.

WHY KEFLEX??????? WHY ANTIBIOTICS!?!?!?!? ILL REFER TO

Subclinical Microbial Infection in Patients with Chronic Plaque Psoriasis Authors: Bartenjev I.1; Butina M.R.1; Potocnik M.1
Source: Acta Dermato-Venereologica, Volume 80, Supplement 211, 2 October 2000 , pp. 17-18(2)
Abstract:Epidemiological evidence implicates bacterial infection as a common triggering stimulus for psoriasis. Recent studies suggest that continuing, subclinical streptococcal and staphylococcal infections might be responsible not only for relapse of acute guttate psoriasis but also for a new episode of chronic plaque psoriasis.In this study 195 patients suffering from a severe form of chronic plaque psoriasis hospitalized between 1996 and 1998 were examined. The presence of subclinical microbial infection of the upper respiratory tract was studied by the cultivation of pathogens from this area. Patients with other provoking factors, such as a positive history of taking any drugs that may exacerbate psoriasis, endocrine and metabolic factors, alcohol abuse, trauma, dental focus and clinically evident bacterial infection, were excluded. Subclinical streptococcal and/or staphylococcal infections were detected in 68 % of tested patients and in only 11 % of the control group. The results of this study indicate that subclinical bacterial infections of the upper respiratory tract may be an important factor in provoking a new relapse of chronic plaque psoriasis. Searching for, and eliminating, microbial infections could be of importance in the treatment of psoriasis.

WHAT DOES DR> ROSENBERG SAY????

"Do antibiotics offer a practical way to manage psoriasis? In our
experience, a search for relevant microbes and treatment with
antimicrobial drugs is a practical way to manage psoriasis. Recently,
we reported results of antimicrobial treatment of 126 patients with
psoriasis, many of these problem cases referred by other physicians.
Approximately 50% of our patients were completely or almost completely
cleared of their diseases, another 30% markedly improved, and in about
20% the treatment failed. These results compare favorably with
results achieved with other treatments including some with a
substantial potential for harm. Certainly, we think that a work-up
and therapeutic trial of antimicrobial treatment should always be
attempted before starting treatment with methotrexate, etretinate or
cyclosporin, and probably prior to the institution of
psoralen-ultraviolet-light therapy. Even for patients who can control
their diseases topically with either corticosteroid or tars but who
require almost continuous such applications, this kind of approach
appears to offer significant potential benefit."

Diflucan - 200 mg once a week for scalp and groin until clear (usually 4 months for the scalp, about 2 months for groin and axilla).

DIFULCAN IS AN ANTIFUNGAL!!!!!!!!!!!! So i wont refer to refernces about Nystatin and psoriasis b/c ill sound like a broken record,

WHAT ELSE DID DR. HENG SAY?

Topical pharmaceutical treatment:
Face and Flexural areas: Ketoconazole cream 2% mixed with triamcinolone cream 0.1% once or twice a day.*

Scalp: Ketoconazole (nizoral) shampoo 2% at night.*

Trunk and Limbs: Ketoconazole cream 2% mixed with clobetasol cream 0.05%*morning and noon.

Estimated time of resolution of psoriasis:*
My patients usually are 65-70% improved in 4 weeks, 85% improved in 8 weeks, 95% in 3 months and almost totally clear in 4 months.*
Steroids (both oral and topical) do not suppress phosphorylase kinase, and do not apoptose the Ki-67+ epidermal*cells.* The disease recurs when treatment is stopped.* If your patients use the protocol correctly and treat until the Ki-67+ cells are normalized,

the disease does not recur after the treatment is*tapered off.* This is, of course, with the provision that the injury/precipitating factors/aggravating factors are removed/treated.

I KNOW PATENTS DONT MEAN ANYTHING, BUT NO DOCTOR WOULD SPEND VALUABLE TIME AND RESOURCES PATENTING SOMETHING THAT MEANS NOTHING

Dr. Rosenberg has patents on both topical, and oral use of Ketaconazole!!!!!!!!!

(An antifungal agent effective on a variety of fungi and used to treat systemic and topical fungal infections)

(1)http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4569935.html topical

(2)http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4491588.html oral

WHAT DOES ROSENBERG HAVE TO SAY ABOUT ALL OF THIS???? Well the proof is in the pudding when i read

http://books.google.ca/books?id=VzWRsH3KNi8C&pg=RA1-PA157&dq=nystatin+psori asis+streptococcal&lr=&ei=cR0nSYveC4GmMpHJye8K

IN THIS REPORT YOU WILL HE THAT BASED ON HIS RESEARCH HE DISCOVERD

"Antimicrobials evoking clearing in psoriasis were ketaconazole, NYSTATIN, antibiotics, etc etc etc

Meh, its something to consider

Wishing everyone all the best an much success

LOVE ABU!!! :)

68/77 or 88% OF THE PROBELM PSORISIS CLINIC PATIENTS RESPONDED TO THE MICROBIAL TREATMENT OF PSORIASIS

** Originally posted by sharka **

I took the candida questionaire and my numbers were outrageous. I then took the "spit test". Does the word stalactite mean anyhting to anyone else?

i feel your pain, i took the candida quiz and my candida is of the rictor scale ! the spit test was scary, im so full of candida its coming out my ears!

** Originally posted by baj1 **

Well, a dr spoke this am on yeast and psoriasis, he found that a small amt of people with inverse had yeast issues as well, could be the dark places that inverse lurks (?) my thought on this not his, he didn't get into too deeply...anyway, he puts them on a yeast free diet if he thinks this is the case...

His thoughts were that very very few people have food allergies or sensitivities that would effect psoriasis, however if you find something bothersome, don't eat it, pretty simple.

After having been " cleaned out " x100 for a colonoscopy, anyone who has had one knows what I am talking about, I found it to be of no help what-so-ever if anything the whole process not only grossed me out but made me stress out which is always caustic for arthritis flares ( in me )...no parasites to be found thank goodness.

Dottie, Someone asked about pork, the dr thought unless you were kosher it shouldn't be an issue. Personally, for me I don't like pork products so much except bacon!!! artery clogging fat of the worst kind... So I had a few slices of bacon UGH, second time in two months!!! back to my diet!! I wonder if I have some type of issue with a sodium deficiency, I never put salt on food, but seem to crave salty items now and then ( cheddar cheese being a weakness & cottage cheese ) I seem to not be able to help myself when I see bacon!! darn it all!!!! I filled the rest of myself up with fruit & honey cheerios trying to counteract!

paddy, I know of someone who purchased a ionized water unit, he drinks it and applies it to his psoriasis, seemed to think it helped him.. I did not see his psoriasis before hand so I really don't know other than he told me it was helpful, and I haven't seen him in a long while. He eats a raw diet as well, including nightshades which he did not find anti-inflammatory. I hope to see him sometime soon to see how he's fairing. The unit he purchased was expensive ( $ 600 + ) so you might be better off puchasing water from that woman, and you might want to do a test on your skin to see if it's helpful.

Have a great weekend!
Karen

Karen,

Personally, I subscribe to more recent research that points to sugar and processed carbohydrates as the cause of heart disease, not fat. That means I believe those Cheerios are doing more damage than the bacon. Not what General Mills wants you to hear. I cut out all sugar and processed carbs 6 months ago and now eat 3-4 eggs per day, along with either bacon or sausage in the morning. I've lost weight, and my cholesterol and blood pressure have dropped significantly (20-30 points each). My triglycerides dropped over 100 points, my LDL about 20 points, and my HDL went up. My P and PsA have also improved. This isn't the Atkin's diet, I eat a ton of veggies and a healthy amount of fruit and some healthy grains.

Good luck,
-Brad

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders