Blood type O & Fish Oil negative connection

** Originally posted by Athaxto **

Hey folks,

I'm more of a reader of these boards then a poster, but I wanted to share something I found. I was reading up on the blood type discussion, and while I dont know mine (shame on me), I am fairly sure I am type O as well.

I think many of us have heard of eating fish-rich diets or taking omega-3 supplements. Well, this article I found might enlighten those type-O folks to think twice about ingesting cod liver oil or other kinds of fish oil.

It also ties in the leaky gut theory a bit if you read into it as it mentions, "increased gastrointestinal tract permeability and increased manifestations of delayed patterns of food allergy," as reasons to avoid fish oils if you're a "type O non-secretor."

I hope this helps someone.

Click me for a link to the Cod Liver Oil info

Athaxto

2 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by makeitgoaway **

Very interesting article.

Another example of natural does not always equal safe.

** Originally posted by GitOverIt **

Hey! poison ivy is natural! so is fungi death cap an all natural mushroom.....and then there is the Hemlock. all natural!

quote" CLO should be avoided by blood group O non-secretors,

and is generally neutral for healthy O secretors. The reason for

this difference is that Dr. D'Adamo has observed depressed saliva

levels of sIgA (secretory Immunoglobulin A) in O non-secretors

on CLO supplements." unquote.

it seems you must get tested to see if you are a non-secretor...if you are just a regular ol' secretor....... then all is well!

All natural, but still I'm safe.................Sally

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders