Banana Peel

** Originally posted by twinieten **

I read today, twice, that rubbing a banana peel on p can clear it up! Has anyone ever heard of this before? Has anyone ever tried rubbing banana peel on your p? If "yes", what were your results? I'm just curious. Someone posted on another group, and then someone else e-mailed me and told me they read it in the paper. She didn't send me a link. I found these:

http://www.awwwsome.com/theothernews/cure.htm

Apparently Exorex has banana peel extract in it:
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:f_3nqw-Y7xQJ:dermatology.cdlib.org/DOJv ol6num1/transactions/psoriasis/feldman.html+banana+peel+psoriasis&hl=en&gl= us&ct=clnk&cd=7

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflorida/stories/1997/06/23/smallb1.html

Seems that banana peel works on warts, wounds and splinters too. Hmmm....

15 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by scratchydee **

Drea~
Funny you should mention this.... there was another dialogue just started about it: http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22662&highlight=banana+peel

This seems to be all the rage right now :)

** Originally posted by twinieten **

Drea~
Funny you should mention this.... there was another dialogue just started about it: http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22662&highlight=banana+peel

This seems to be all the rage right now :)

Thanks! I quickly skimmed the post titles before posting myself, and I didn't see this one. My apologies for repeating a not so old and tired topic. :D I'll read through it right now!

** Originally posted by aladma **

I actually came onto this board today to find any info on this bannana peel thing. There is a section of our local newspaper called Dr. Gott. Someone wrote into him saying that they did this and their P went away. I actually did it this afternoon and it stung a bit, but we will see what happens. I am very curious if others have had any luck with it. I look rather foolish rubbing
the inside of a bannana on my arms and legs, but.... if it works and it doens't involve putting medications on or in my body, then YIPPEE!

** Originally posted by iLoVeSluG **

do u live in fresno>? my friend told me about the columm and iwant to try it but i guess i raelly cant put it on my scalp...

** Originally posted by RichJ **

hi iloveslug,
welcome to the p family. you have met some of the wonderful people on here and will find alot of great info. welcome and nice to meet you.

have a good day all

richard

** Originally posted by iLoVeSluG **

ive learned so much on here sinc wednesday :) its like my favorite site now. nice to meet u all

** Originally posted by scratchydee **

Welcome iloveslug, and nice to me you!

iloveslug, Hi. I live in Rhode Island. I think this is actually helping. I used a bannana peel this morning for my third day and my skin looks great. It gets pretty red when I first put it on, but then calms down and it is hard to see the P. I just ordered some Psorolin soap too. That should help even more, I hope. Anyone else try the bannana yet?

** Originally posted by RichJ **

hi aladma,
im happy that the bannana peel is helping to clear your skin. i wish you the best. if i like bannanas. i would try it my self :D

have a good weekend all

richard

** Originally posted by MoneyAddyct **

iloveslug, Hi. I live in Rhode Island. I think this is actually helping. I used a bannana peel this morning for my third day and my skin looks great. It gets pretty red when I first put it on, but then calms down and it is hard to see the P. I just ordered some Psorolin soap too. That should help even more, I hope. Anyone else try the bannana yet?

How long are you using the banana peel for and how many times per day?

How long are you using the banana peel for and how many times per day?

I have used it three days in a row (not yet today). I used it once or twice a day. I wish I had taken some photos before I started doing this. I have stopped taking any prescribed medications and have started using a skin care line called Suki, which is an all natural mostly food grade line. My skin is still pretty dry but you would have to strain to see the P. I am very pleased to have these results without using steroids and other questionable medications. It is still early, who knows what will happen to my skin in a week, or a month from now, but so far, so good! NOw, I jsut have to figure out a way to get it off my scalp. Anyone have luck with that 777 oil? Or any other tricks work well?

** Originally posted by GitOverIt **

Glad you are having success with the banana peel...who woulda thought? :p
It was the 777 oil combined with the Psorolin that helped me....I used the Psorolin first because that is how it arrived and then when the 777 oil arrived I added it to some of the Psor ointment (that I had let soften up under hot water)...this made it higher/stronger in the wrightia herb....anyway after trying for years to get scalp P under control I finally got rid of it.....and I had 100% coverage!

If you do decide to get it from Garry-n-sun mention NPF for free shipping in the USA
http://www.garrysun.com/jawahar.html

Thanks for the info on the 777 oil and Psorolin. I have ordered the soap (not yet arrived) and I think I need to order the oil and ointment for my scalp. My scalp is very itchy and completely covered and starting to spread down my hair line. I assume it is safe to use with color treated hair?

** Originally posted by GitOverIt **

Aladma...yes.... safe for color-treated hair....I should know... ;)

** Originally posted by emilymay8603 **

My husbands grandpa told me to try it, so yesterday I bought some bananas. Before bed I did 2 test spots, 1 on my right leg and 1 on my left, on the left side I cut a section of the banana peel and taped the whole thing to my leg where I have psoriasis, on the right side I scraped out the insides of part of the peel, put it on a section on psoriasis and just put tape over it.

I can't believe the difference it has made already! I will continue to use this nightly and keep you updated. :)

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders