Anyone taking Vimovo?

** Originally posted by luvwinnie **

I haven't been here in a while. I was doing SO well and I was only taking Enbrel once a month. Well, that party is over. Saw rheum yesterday. Bursitis in hip, tendonitis in shoulder and sacroiliac joints inflamed. Back to weekly Enbrel and he gave me a new NSAID called Vimovo. It has Nexium added to it. I can't take regular Naproxen because it caused horrible stomach pain. this is supposed to prevent that. We'll see.

4 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by realtor910 **

I haven't been here in a while. I was doing SO well and I was only taking Enbrel once a month. Well, that party is over. Saw rheum yesterday. Bursitis in hip, tendonitis in shoulder and sacroiliac joints inflamed. Back to weekly Enbrel and he gave me a new NSAID called Vimovo. It has Nexium added to it. I can't take regular Naproxen because it caused horrible stomach pain. this is supposed to prevent that. We'll see.

I read an advertisement for it in a magazine, sounds interesting. Personally I take Mobic and Priolsec together for the same reason. Let us know how this works for you. Deanna

Well, i can tell you I've had no pain today. I couldn't even take ONE prescription Naprosyn without pain so this is good! And i've gotten some relief today from the hip pain too.

** Originally posted by Flycaster **

Have you tried just plain OTC Naproxen Sodium with OTC Omeprazole? We're talking virtually the same drug combination, and it might be a whole lot cheaper...these new "combo-meds" can be hidiously expensive until they go generic. It's something to think about, especially if your insurance doesn't cover all or most of the new, non-generic drug.

Anyway, glad to hear it works.

No, I am hoping to not need this all that much once the Enbrel kicks in again. I really don't want to be taking NSAIDs too often. They gave me a sample at dr's office and I have a coupon for $20 from the company. My copay will be $20 with that coupon.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders