Anyone know of a good Stelara copay assistance alternatives?

** Originally posted by adobostreak **

i was on the assistance plan they had on the official stelara website... where the first 3 shots are FREE, then strategically got off it because i wouldn't be able to afford the $2800 per shot (after insurance) thereafter

went back on Humira for financial reasons ($5 monthly after pay assist). it helps me clear up to 70-80%, but not as great as Stelara (was at 95% clear after 3rd shot)

- i applied for the Johnson&Johnson patient assistance a while back and got denied because apparently you aren't supposed to have any private insurance in order to qualify (would of helped if i knew this before faxing 10 total pages of doctor authorization and tax returns)
- i applied for CDF (chronic disease fund) and got denied due to "no funds at this time"

anyone know of secondary insurance/copay assistance for Stelara for those that already have insurance and still cant afford it?

8 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by plira **

When did you apply for Johnson & Johnson? I just started Stelara, and I am on the copay progam as well. When I called them to get assistance they told me that after the 3 injections, I can call Johnson & Johnson for further assistance, I really hope this is true! Because if not I will be in the same boat as you and I hate to even think about it. I have been on Humira, Enbrel, Mtx and this is my last hope! I will be researching other assistance program and will send you the information if I find something that can help!

Patricia Lira

it was a while back... i was faxing in my application for J&J at the end of April before my 3rd and final shot of stelara in June.

J&J gave me a call with the wonderful news that i was denied mid-May, due to having private insurance.

I am so sorry to hear that! It is so sad to think that we get use to a drug that works and then it gets taking away! which person can really afford $2800.00 a months on meds! I myself have a insurance policy that only pays $1500.00 a year in medication! I dont know about you but I am married and between my husband and I, we make to much money to qualify for medicaid and I have pre-exsisiting condition that prohibits me to get any kind of secondary insurance policy!

We need to keep our hopes up! I will let you know if I find anything else that can assist us! :)

Patricia

** Originally posted by MARCIA70 **

Oh Lord ! My third shot is this month and my co pay would be $400 without copay assistance and I would hate to have to pay that let alone more......think I need to check into this...........I just assumed it worked like enbrel and humira co-pay assist..........

I will be calling first thing Monday morning! I also thought it was like enbrel and humira! Hopefuly we will find some kind of program that will help us!

Patricia

@jpurdon thats the program i was referring to

why would i pay so much? because its expensive.

Well guys I'm on the same program with Stelara, first 3 doses free and then copay. Well, I just saw my explanation of benefits from BlueCross and the cost was $4,777. WOW. Incredible. I'm just wondering what my copay will be after 3 doses. My doctor mentioned something that it would be like $50 per month. Guess I'll wait & see. So far, 2 doses in.

I just signed up for the support program and for doses 4-6 you pay $50 for every $1050 out of pocket. So if your copay is $2800, you would only have to pay $100-150 of that. It also says that there is an extended access program that may be available for those that need it. I would think if your copay is that high that you would qualify for that.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders