Anyone itch their head in their sleep??

** Originally posted by coltrain210 **

I guess this would come off gross to some, but someone here must do it also....anyone itch their head in their sleep? I freakin scratch away at night, and I don't think it is causing any hair loss or anything, but I do wake up and their are flakes on my pillows and sheets. Anyone out there? Alrigh y'all.

18 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by RoseRed **

What DON'T I itch in my sleep.

** Originally posted by Kegrun **

What DON'T I itch in my sleep.

lol.

Yeah I used to be REAL bad when my P was friggin thick up there. Wanna talk about gross..lol..I would use this greasey solution crap that would make it not be so dry and i would just peel CHUUUUNKS of it off when I would wake up in the mornin in the shower. ARGH..so gross. Then my head felt like it was raw meat up there. Not fun. Oh even better, since it was greasey, I had to wear a shower cap to bed..lol. And this was when I was living with my g/f at the time. So embarrassing. She would try to make it where it wasnt embarassing by saying I looked like some hot doctor or something..lmao.

** Originally posted by Anna18 **

im always putting the greasy lotions n stuff on my scalp trying to get it to go away. but no luck. I'm allways itching, i hate it. the only thing is, I'v actually noticed my hair is thining out. When i was going to the doctor. they always asked if i noticed if my hair was thining, now i know why.

** Originally posted by coltrain210 **

Yea. I mean, it's not the prettiest thing in the world when I have black sheets on my bed, but it is what makes us us. I think we can at least pat ourselevs on the back for being okay with it. I am okay with it. If for now it acts as a deterance for a girl, than that person isn't right. We could have much worse things happen to us...we actually are on messege boards talking to one another about it. That is kind of cool, and I bet we have all become smarter people because of it. So, it's gross, but what the hell.

I guess this would come off gross to some, but someone here must do it also....anyone itch their head in their sleep? I freakin scratch away at night, and I don't think it is causing any hair loss or anything, but I do wake up and their are flakes on my pillows and sheets. Anyone out there? Alrigh y'all.

** Originally posted by Heatheranne1027 **

Last night the side of my head was so itchy I scratched until I literally drew blood. I know it's not pretty but last night was intense. This is my first winter (since I have been officially diagnosed) with scalp P. I love the cold but the going from hot to cold is killing my scalp. All summer I hardly had any flakes on my pillow, now when I wake up it's like every day is a white christmas. Does anyone have any suggestions? I use my Olux when I have to but it doesn't seem to have much of an effect on the P on the side of my head. It works on my hairline though. Any advice at all is appreciated.

** Originally posted by teenPA18 **

I don't scratch in my sleep but when I'm bored lol..

Cut those nails down and you wont be able to scratch to save ur life. Oh and get a thick cream (not cream cream or u might wake up with ur dog licking ur face), and put it over the scalp area with no hair!

That'll stop you, and if all else fails tie your arms down before you go to sleep. I have a few sets of handcuffs if u want to borrow!

** Originally posted by Sophie2007 **

Oh my gosh, when I first had P, I used to scratch my legs in my sleep all the time, usually ending with them bleeding like crazy. I'd wake up with nasty looking patches where there was not only no skin, but no psoriasis. :0 For some reason, my arms never ever itched. My scalp, most definitely, and my legs were the worst, but never my arms. Anyone want to explain that?! lol

** Originally posted by NightRitual **

Oh my gosh, when I first had P, I used to scratch my legs in my sleep all the time, usually ending with them bleeding like crazy. I'd wake up with nasty looking patches where there was not only no skin, but no psoriasis. :0 For some reason, my arms never ever itched. My scalp, most definitely, and my legs were the worst, but never my arms. Anyone want to explain that?! lol

me too. its like my arms go into a mechanical rotating motion on my legs. it wakes me up in the wee hours and i feel terrible, but i normally get back to sleep. by the time i wake up it feels less raw but i feel so guilty for letting myself do it. less annoying areas include scalp and forearm, depending on weather and season.

** Originally posted by 88mustang **

I tear my knees up in my sleep Ill do my best not to scratch them all day and than I go to sleep and when I wake up they are bleeding and I know I was scratching it b/c my finger nails are covered w/ flakes in blood. Its a rough life

** Originally posted by Sarahbean **

I used to have P on my scalp so bad! It was really thick like cradle cap all over my scalp! I would soak it in vegtable oil for about 45 min, then peel it off with a lice comb (I know its really gross) I would loose chunks of hair, but my scalp felt so much better with it removed. I would do that about every 3-5 days. After I got insurance and a dermatologist, he prescribed Clobetasol Solution. This is THE miracle scalp stuff. Even after it was that bad, this solution would clear it up after using it twice a day for 4-5 days. I could not believe it! That was about three years ago. I still use it, but only on an as needed basis. I think it soaks in and prevents build-up. I don't think I could live without it now. If I start feeling a little too itchy, or a few too many patches, I use it for two days and it's gone. I also use Clobetasol Ointment on my body twice a week and it seems to help a lot. (the other 5 days I use Dovanex creme). I have found Clobetasol on the internet, you can order it without a prescription. I would recommend it to anyone with scalp P. I would give bottles away just so people knew how well it works! Good luck to all of us!

** Originally posted by Bubbbles2002 **

I find myself waking up scratching all over. I have even had little blod spots on my sheets because I scratch so hard. I find little flakes all the time and it is quite embarrasing especially is someone is staying over, im always afraid they are going to be grossed out. I have cream colored sheets, i used to have burgandy and that was totally uncool when i would wake up with flakes everywhere.

** Originally posted by anaxarete **

All the time, I often wake up with blood spots on my pillow case.

** Originally posted by anjeliq **

ugh hell yeah i scratch in my sleep ..
so now i tie my hair up in a really tight bun so that i wudent scratch
except when i wake up..
i get frizzy hair whoops but hey whatever makes the itch stop

** Originally posted by Teleute **

Oh yeah. Other then when I am ridiculously stressed or when I am ridiculously tired, I scratch the most when I am at the spot between being asleep and being awake. Its when you have the least self control. I have taken to sleeping with a loose beanie and having thick blankets but it doesn't always work. I might have to try that handcuffs idea.

The worst is when I am sleeping with someone else. In my old girl friends bed, I always felt horrible about leaving flakes on her red satin sheets.

** Originally posted by Mbs43906 **

Has anyone ever tried Cormax for their scalp p? That was the only medicine that worked for me. It smelled like rubbing alcohol, but it is gone in a couple of days.

I haven't had a spot on my scalp for several years.

** Originally posted by crystalclear **

suprisied by the fact that many ppl are going through this
i always had thought i was the only one
today is my first day discoving this is actually a problem:[

i do scratch my head sometimes at night..
and i woke up in the morning finding dry blood between my nails
i am pretty mad at myself
but then putting on some moisturizer saves me

the worse is when i am awake
i like to peel them off - piece by piece
cause i never see a PIECE before (normally it's dots)
i am now trying real hard to stop this bad habits
and try to find something to improve this problem

** Originally posted by LabbySidhe **

YES! I hate that I do, and it can be pretty intense. I wake up and there's always scattered bits of skin on the sheets and my shirt. I've even woken up with dried blood on my sheets and pillows before.

veeeery embarrassing if someone else is over for the night.

** Originally posted by TheGoodFella **

Oh man I used to have it BAD! I had P. on my arms and legs and scalp and back and on my stomach. Oh god those were some harsh times. I would wake up with my sheets covered in flakes and blood and ugh! Now its just on my scalp and I still scratch(I mean come on, the itch gets BAD) once in a while but not as much. Im just sayin, I know how ya feel =(

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders