ANYONE HAVE HUMIRA PRESCRIPT ASSISTANCE?

** Originally posted by bonnie25 **

Yesterday I saw my derm and he is submitting my prescript for humira to my insurance for approval. I pay 50% of prescripts so I know the end cost will be high. I will also be applying for assitance via healthwell or humira and hopefully I will be approved for some help. Anyone done this and if so how much has it helped? I have blue cross blue shield of oregon with a $5000 deduct and 50% coverage for prescripts. I am really anxious to try this and get some relief like others here. My derm said in his experience that amevive isn't very good their finding, enbrel is not as strong as humira so we opted for trying humira. Crossing my fingers!

12 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by hadezee **

Abbott Patient Assistance Program (Humira)
1-800-222-6885

They look at your entire situation. Your income, insurance coverage (or lack there of) and diagnosis.

They awarded me Humira for my P and PsA. So I know they work to some extent. Worth a shot, right?

** Originally posted by stillhopeful **

I was given a card from my derm about the financial assistance program from myHUMIRA. It pays 100% up to $750 for the first month - 100% up to $325 for the 2nd thru 6th months - and up to $325 a month after you pay $50 a month for months 7 thru 12. They can also send a free sharps container with a postage paid box for you to return when it's full. I was VERY impressed with this program. I've been on Humira for one month and just received my second month's injections and have not paid one cent out of pocket. Good luck to you!

I will be applying for some assistance for sure. I can't afford to pay half of the prescript. I got the humira kit from my derm yesterday and it did have the copay plus plan in it. I will definately be using something to help but don't want to be in debt over it. Anyone who has gotten 100% coverage for humira but have individual insurance and if so what is the income limit?

** Originally posted by debicamp13 **

i am on the patient assistance program.......its has covered me for a year...., we dont make alot, but they wouldnt tell me the income guidelines.....i am just so THANKFUL to have gotten it......i dont have insurance and my company doesnt offer it.....

debi

** Originally posted by mjtaylor **

I too was given the co-pay assistance card when my derm wrote the script.

I am lucky though, my co-pay is only $25/month for the injections, so I haven't used it. I'm just hanging on to it in case my company changes our insurance again...

** Originally posted by peachbklyn **

How are the side effects of humira? Is it bad on the liver too? Do they do the same blood work as often as the other drugs?

** Originally posted by AnnieB **

The liver is not an issue as it is with MTX. The most concern is usually about infections--you have to be careful because your immune system can be somewhat depressed. But I haven't had any problem so far.

My derm told me I'd be taking a CBC blood test, a TB test in the beginning and then a year later. Same as enbrel he said too. On methotrexate I had to take blood every month.

Ok, I took the blood test and tb test Monday and will be going this morning for the results of the tb test to see if I have ever been exposed. I am still waiting to hear if Abbott will help out with prescript assistance. I am praying so!!!!!!!!! I really want to have clear skin this summer. So, I am bumping this up to see if there is anyone else that has assistance and how it has helped them.

** Originally posted by bratb1 **

I was set up with the patient assistace program through my derm office and pharmacare. Nothing was ever mentioned about my income. They only asks me questions about my insurance provider. I currently have regence blue cross blue shield of oregon. The coverage has been amazing. I have had no out of pocket for my Humira so far(I did however start the year using enbrel so I had met part of my co-pay)
Take good care
Bratb

I have blue cross blue shield of Oregon also. I pay for my individual coverage and 50% of meds with a $5000 deduct. BCBS told me humira was $1500.00 a month so my cost is $750. They have set it up with pharmacare (?) also but I am waiting for approval/denial from Abbott after they review my income and prescript/med necessity from my derm.
My TB test was negative and my blood tests are still pending. Crossing my fingers! I want sooooo bad to try this drug.

Ok! I am approved for a small grant from healthwell! :) My derms nurse called to tell me that so I should hear something next week about how it works. Anyone know how it works? I was also wondering if I could use the humira co-pay plus with the grant? Expense is a huge issue for me as I can barely afford paying for my healthcare already so the less the better.
Is there anyone who took humira and had to go off because of expense how long did the clearing remain?

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders