Allergic reaction...make the itching stop...PLEASE

** Originally posted by frommyvalentino **

I've had P all my life...and NEVER in my life have I itched this much.

I'm allergic to something...and I thought it was my antidepressants (Buproprion) so I stopped taking them 4 days ago, but the itching has only gotten worse. My arms are covered in welts, bites, and broken blood vessels and skin. It has NEVER itched this badly with the P, ever...and omg, I'm going insane with the itching...it looks disgusting...it hurts...so badly...

I got some allergy meds, and I just took 2xs the recommended dosage of it...it's yet to help...I got some spray on benadryl and it just stings as hell...

help me....

9 replies. Join the discussion

** Originally posted by ericm **

I've had P all my life...and NEVER in my life have I itched this much.

I got some allergy meds, and I just took 2xs the recommended dosage of it...it's yet to help...I got some spray on benadryl and it just stings as hell...

help me....

Nikki,

If you are not responding with benadryl, especially if you are using it 2x the recommended dosage, I would check into the urgent care for further evaluation. Bring in the complete list of your meds. Be careful of over-dosing on the med, it could get you into deeper trouble.

I don't have any experience with allergy except when an open wound skin is exposed to silicon plastic at an extended period of time.

eric

** Originally posted by GitOverIt **

try calamin lotion...best short term for itching! the one I have is called Caladryl ( it says anthistamine) it has calamine, Benadryl, and camphor

it was the only thing that helped when I had poison ivy..... that warped into guttate (I think because I scratched the hell out of it)

p.s. and I agree with Eric....find out what is causing this....

Nikki,

If you are not responding with benadryl, especially if you are using it 2x the recommended dosage, I would check into the urgent care for further evaluation. Bring in the complete list of your meds. Be careful of over-dosing on the med, it could get you into deeper trouble.

I don't have any experience with allergy except when an open wound skin is exposed to silicon plastic at an extended period of time.

eric

No money....just spent money on these meds....and...they're not working. Gah!

I can't afford to see the doctor either, plus I'm moving tomorrow so they won't give me anything anyways....-sighs & itches-

I've never been allergic ot anything...this is a living hell.

try calamin lotion...best short term for itching! the one I have is called Caladryl ( it says anthistamine) it has calamine, Benadryl, and camphor

it was the only thing that helped when I had poison ivy..... that warped into guttate (I think because I scratched the hell out of it)

p.s. and I agree with Eric....find out what is causing this....

I'll look into it....thanks...

Supposedly it's because I'm allergic to my antidepressants...supposedly...
So...
not only am I itchy...but I'm off of those...and not in the best of moods for the last two days...and I'm really tired lately because of the lack of energy from the "happy" pills...>.<

I wanna move NOW...so I can get my meds back, figure out what's wrong, and stopppppp itccchhhinnngg....-groans-

my bottle is OLD but the price tag says $2.70

my bottle is OLD but the price tag says $2.70

I didn't see that at Winn Dixie...

drugstores carry it....................

** Originally posted by Dulane **

Oatmeal in a nylon net bag in a tub of luke warm water... or salt baths?

Desitin ointment?

Sounds like a flare. Be careful.

:(

** Originally posted by AnnieB **

Hope you get to figure this out after the move. I agree that calamine is very helpful for itching and is really cheap.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the National Psoriasis Foundation

Help the National Psoriasis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the National Psoriasis Foundation

Discussion topics

Additional resources

Community leaders