Yellow fever vaccine while on prednisone

I have to take yellow fever vaccine for work, but I'm on prednisone at the moment.
In the literature it states that it shouldn't be a problem while on low dose.
So, has anyone had the yellow fever vaccine while on prednisone, and at what dose?
Thanks!

2 replies. Join the discussion

The yellow ferver vaccine is a live vaccine, meaning that a "live" but weakened form of the virus is the vaccine. Therefore, its not usually recommended for people that are immunosuppresed. You should check with your doctor. Depending on how much prednisone or other immunosuppressive medication you are taking it may not be worth the risk. If you are only on a very low dose it may be ok.

Thanks for your reply.
The problem is that every doctor says the different thing.
I absolutely have to get this vaccine done, or I would have to look for another job, which I don't really want to do.
:-(

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support FSR

Help the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research

Discussion topics

Help and information from FSR

Sarcoidosis and the Body
Sarcoidosis is a "multiorgan" disease - meaning it almost always involves more than one organ. It's unpredictable and affects different people in different ways.

You can learn about the ways in which sarcoidosis affects the body in FSR's Sarcoidosis and the Body brochure.

Community leaders