Turmeric or Curcumin

Has anyone tried Curcumin which is Turmeric (spice) for it's anti-inflammatory actions???

3 replies. Join the discussion

I tried it for around 3 months. You need to go to a doctor or naturopath who will have strong enough capsules. Over the counter ones from the health food store won't be this strong.
Many people with inflammation have had success with turmeric.
My doctor told me that firstly they discovered that it helped older people with dementia. During this treatment they were surprised to find that the older peoples' arthritic pains were alleviated. (I don't know who "they" are!).
I had maybe very slight relief but after awhile I did not notice any relief and I think I started to smell like turmeric.

Hi Krissy, I don't know a tremendous amount about Tumeric or Curcumin, but I just recently started using a juice called Zrii that has Tumeric in it. A friend of mine started using it and has seen a significant difference in the way she feels. I just started drinking the juice today (you drink 1-3 oz a day - I drink 3 oz), in hopes that it will help with the Sarc and I also have autoimmune hepatitis, stage 2 fibrosis, and I've been told that the juice can help to better liver and kidney function. I've also been told that it helps with diabetes sugar levels, which I also have diabetes due to the prednisone. I've seen a considerable increase in my energy and alertness, which has been a plus too. As I said before, I've just started it, but I'd be willing to keep you posted on how I'm doing on it, in case you are interested in trying it yourself. Hope this helps a tad.
Hugs of Support, Dawn Marie

Hi Mimi3 I am from the west Indinese (Guyana) a small country next to Brazil and we grew up on taking herbal med for sickness not every cough or cold we could afford the doctors, however we use a lot of curry which have Tumeric and I've had sarcoid for six years and been taking Tumeric for the pass three months however I've been eating curry all my life and I don't have any pain from my sarcoid in fact the reason I started taking Tumeric by itself because the curry powder don't have enough of that pain healing powder and also one morning I get up and my hands was feeling very stiff and was hurting so bad I could not hold my spoon that is when I've decided to take the Tumeric by itself half of a tea spoon in some juice everyday and it has being three months and no pain, so to answer your question yes it works. vgirl

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support FSR

Help the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research

Discussion topics

Help and information from FSR

Sarcoidosis and the Body
Sarcoidosis is a "multiorgan" disease - meaning it almost always involves more than one organ. It's unpredictable and affects different people in different ways.

You can learn about the ways in which sarcoidosis affects the body in FSR's Sarcoidosis and the Body brochure.

Community leaders