Saroid seems to be everywhere

I am pretty on top of this disease but now to my amazement have been told that sarcoid can make any scars you have become raised- I say oh great its on my face - this was per my dermo man who is knowledged with sarcoid- I went bc I was have an weird episode of erythema nodosum on my legs- he did a punch biopsy and until results come in wants to treat as EN if somethng else its the sarcoid in liver in kidneys- its already affected lungs and eyes...by no means am I looking for pity but I am wondering has this happened to anyone else??? Thanks

3 replies. Join the discussion

ps. in the meanwhile he told me to contact my sarcoid doctor...thats not so promising huh?

Hi Steph, yea ole sarc can raise scars. I found out after my surgery it raised one of my surgical cuts but left the other three unaffected. Good luck with your treatment and be sure to stay on top of your sarc as best as you can.

thanks...you would think i would be used to- I have had since 1994...i new twist at every turn.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support FSR

Help the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research

Discussion topics

Help and information from FSR

Sarcoidosis and the Body
Sarcoidosis is a "multiorgan" disease - meaning it almost always involves more than one organ. It's unpredictable and affects different people in different ways.

You can learn about the ways in which sarcoidosis affects the body in FSR's Sarcoidosis and the Body brochure.

Community leaders