sarcoidosis, my face gets very hot and red at times

Does anyone else have this problem, like right now my face is very red and hot, especially my cheeks I can feel the heat off them and don't know why? my dr. did a hermone check and everything came out perfect she said. Is it my sarocid?? I only on 10 mg or predisone right now. but not sure why this is happening people say do you have a sun burn when it happenss. I hope someone knows what im going through. Thanks

42 replies. Join the discussion

i get hot spells but my whole body gets hot and i sweat profusely for a short period of time. i could be sitting in an air conditioned room and still get hot. it lasts for 5 minutes or so and goes away.

I also get hot face and very hot ears at times. Actually, on few occasions, I found my ears turned red in color and very hot to touch with some heat on face and little bit over head. My wife call them Monkey Ears when I get them hot. It gets OK after some time. It doesn't happen often. Probably once a month.

Me too for all of the above.

Me too...

Ditto....and at times feels like needles pricking all over my face...

yes first time I really got a hot flash and I am past the hormone thing....I heard it was from predisone? Thats just what i had heard.

People are always telling me how bright red my face is!

I have real bad night sweats predisone broke me out real bad.

Yep, I get that, too. I don't have to be doing anything for that to happen sometimes. Never really thought about it being related to Sarc. I am also on 10mg Pred.

Though I get them, I am not on predisone and have not taken it ever yet.

I had something like that a few years ago- rosacea. I was at the time on an inappropriate dose of testosterone and I stopped having the episodes when my testosterone dosage was reduced.

You are not alone. I've been checking my temperature when these hot flashes occur. Average is 100-101F, then drops backs down into normal range after awhile. A bit of a concern for me since I ran low grade temps through the active phase of the sarco.

I get the same thing and I get so embarrassed! People around me are cold and here I am with a red face and sweating like crazy. I feel your pain :'(

I have the same thing, but it's called Rosacia. The Dermatologist gave me Oracea, 40mg. I take one capsule a day before eating, and it has solved the problem and cleared up my skin. Perhaps Rosacia is the result of having Sarc. I'm also on Prednisone for my Sarc, but do not take the meds together. Hope this helps you.

I too get all red. My cheeks (on my face of course), chin and chest between my clavicles. I believe it is a condition of the sarcoid for me, not the prednisone. It doesn't happen as frequently when I am on higher doses. Same with the night sweats. Unfortunately, along the "you look good" line, I live in Hawaii and people always think I've gotten some good sun and have a healthy glow. Fortunately, It distracts them from my bloated moonface and hairy mutton chops face. LOL. I just purchased a "cooling towel" from sports authority in oahu when I had to go off island to see a derm. It is made by frogtoggs and seems to work well. I also freeze water bottles half full and take them everywhere I go. At home, I sit 1 foot from the AC, It takes about 10-15 minutes to "cool" down after any movement. Wish I could be of more help. take care all.

I have a red face most all the time-it drives me crazy! And I am on no sarc meds...

Unfortunately, I too am a member of the red-faced sweaters. I really would like to be in a different club, but that's how it goes!

Thank you everyone, I really feel better that im not alone. Thank God for this sight I think we all understand each other.

I also have "red face" at times (even when I'm not drinking wine) :)

Yesterday I attended a sarc conference in NYC and one of the doctors said that "neuro sarcoidosis involves small fibers of nerves and you can have heat disregulation" and get hot or flushed for no reason. That being said, I have no idea if I have neuro sarc but I do get flushed so I'm assuming that the sarc is just generaly causing "heat disregulation".

Lynda

Sarcoid affects just about everything with me, my nose peels and my skin feel like sandpaper at my temples. I use Shea Butter and that makes it feel better.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support FSR

Help the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research

Discussion topics

Help and information from FSR

Sarcoidosis and the Body
Sarcoidosis is a "multiorgan" disease - meaning it almost always involves more than one organ. It's unpredictable and affects different people in different ways.

You can learn about the ways in which sarcoidosis affects the body in FSR's Sarcoidosis and the Body brochure.

Community leaders