Sarcoidosis (joint pain)

I was just diagnosed and have a lot of joint pain. Mostly knee areas, but sometimes a thumb or fingers or ankle or a wrist. I have ulcerations in my colon, so having trouble finding something I can take that won't cause other problems. Welcome suggestions

7 replies. Join the discussion

Hi,

There is a Sarc doc in Albany, is that where you were diagnosed. Since your doc didn't give you any drugs (since you did not mention this), try going sugar & gluten free for a few weeks & you should notice improvements in relief. Try NSAIDS for temporary relief.

Cheers

I got very good relief from Low Light Laser therapy by my chiropractor. Ins. doesn't cover it. but it was worth every penny.

Shakey56,
Another tip from IreneMarie-round about. I take serious meds for pain(Vicodin) and muscle soreness(Soma),as needed,but I had never tried her suggestion from a while back. I finally broke down at my local pharmacy and paid the $4 for a small tube of "Aspercreme" and used it as a "spot treatment" on several arthritic finger joints(I'M 66) that had eluded relief from the Vicodin.
Much to my amasement it helped very much! Thanks IreneMarie! Little things can mean a lot.
Bob/in IL.

I've been on some supplements from this site that have helped enormously! MSM 1000mg twice a day, Curcumin 450mg twice a day (with food and increase to two capsules twice a day after a week or two), Hyaluronic acid 50mg twice a day (also increase to two twice a day after a week or two), of course glucosamine and chondroitan I use Osteo Biflex Triple strength at bedtime, Acai pill in the morning with wheat grass pill.

Don't know if its the supplements, God's grace or just the end of a flare up but I feel like normal with this regimen. Don't need a lot of ibuprofen anymore and can get around without a lot of pain.

Hope it helps!

Blessings,

Judy

For the joint pain (and eventual swelling) I found cold packs and acupunture to be the most effective.

If you can't take pain pills, see if you can get a prescription for Voltaren gel. Rub it on the affected joints. I swear by the stuff.

Bev

Thank you everyone, going mad at moment just started new job and working long days, and living on a cocktail of panadol every 3 hours to get past it. Would prefer some of your suggestions, as I don't think the panadol is going to be good for me, but is the only pain relief I am not allergic to.

Trying some of your suggestions going today to buy the aspercreme, and get osteo biflex give them a go.
thanks again

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support FSR

Help the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research

Discussion topics

Help and information from FSR

Sarcoidosis and the Body
Sarcoidosis is a "multiorgan" disease - meaning it almost always involves more than one organ. It's unpredictable and affects different people in different ways.

You can learn about the ways in which sarcoidosis affects the body in FSR's Sarcoidosis and the Body brochure.

Community leaders