Michael Clark Duncan Had Sarcoidosis!

http://lifewithsarcoidosis.com/2012/09/11/michael-clark-duncan-had-sarcoido sis/

13 replies. Join the discussion

This is so sad. I liked him so much...He seemed like such a kind soul.

Yes he did didn't he? Seemed like a Gentle Giant.

I love that actor so very much. Now I love him even more.

Love him as an actor would watch the Green Mile every time it was on. He appeared to be such a sweet men in real life . May he rest in peace .I wonder if he new he had sarcoidosis.

It was a tragedy 2 lose a good actor and person in general.On the good side his celebrity status can increase sarcoid awareness
Unfortunately he is gone 2 soon.

Yes, The Comedian/Actor Bernie Mac died from Sarcoid as well. It made people want to know more about it.Hopefully Michael Clark Duncan's Passing will renew interest and help push the fight for awareness and a Cure. God Willing.

RIP...Michael Clark Duncan....a gentle giant gone but not forgotten.

Does anyone know what kind?

Amazing, wow! This disease is really coming up to be up close and personal. RIP Michael Duncan. I've been living and battling this disease for 5 years. Im only 43 that get mistaken for looking 10 to 15 years younger than my age a lot of times. That's one of the biggest misconception of this disease. People will say, "oh but you don't look sick". That sxxx just pissed me off. Im on ten medications that's helping to keep me alive. Let alone when i feel like sprucing myself up it sometimes take me nearly 4 hours. "shaking my head". Can you imagine what Michael Duncan went through. "did he look sick"? Anyway i've been on disability for 2 years. I worry and think about, will i be alive to see my 50th birthday? Im sorry i don't post often. i just felt like venting a little. May God Bless everyone!

One thing that I find shocking is the prevalence of fatal sarcoidosis in young African-American males. There should be a lot more research done into the environmental or genetic causes. Why isn't sarc so common in Africa, or perhaps there aren't the resources in place to properly diagnose people. Either way, finding out why will help everyone. Any chance that Bill Gates will read this and throw a few million our direction?

Amen.

Such a wonderful actor, he will be missed. Too young to have left this world.. I wish we knew more about how he was treated or not treated.

First, sarcoidosis is much more severe in females of African decent than in males although the race in general has a much higher prevalence of deadly sarcoidosis than caucasions.

Second, we don't know that sarcoidosis is NOT prevalent in Africa or other third world nations because those same nations do not have access to the health resources of the US and Europe. It has long been thought that the prevalence of what is thought to be TB in Asian countries may actually be sarcoidosis in many cases. Time will tell.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support FSR

Help the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research

Discussion topics

Help and information from FSR

Sarcoidosis and the Body
Sarcoidosis is a "multiorgan" disease - meaning it almost always involves more than one organ. It's unpredictable and affects different people in different ways.

You can learn about the ways in which sarcoidosis affects the body in FSR's Sarcoidosis and the Body brochure.

Community leaders