Dr. Sharma

Everyone read this:Sarcoidosis Research
Dr. Om Prakash Sharma recently passed away. Dr. Sharma was one of the founders of WASOG (World Association of Sarcoidosis and Other Granulomas) and was its president for many years. His work on clinical aspects of the disease spanned more t...han 40 years. He was author of hundreds of papers, many of them about sarcoidosis. He was editor of several books and journals. In addition, he had written several books and articles about other important scientists in medicine, including Samuel Johnson, Sheila Sherlock, and his close friend Gerry James.

For those of us lucky enough to know him, his passing is very sad news. For those of you who had not yet met him, you have missed a great opportunity. Om always spoke with a calm reassurance, yet he was very passionate about many things. Many of us have our favorite Om stories, but they mostly center about how he encouraged us. In the upcoming months, there will be more said about his achievements. For now, let us just think about what we have lost.

Robert P. Baughman MD
President of WASOG
Feel free to sign the www.wasog.org online Condelence Register
WASOG - World Association of Sarcoidosis and Other Granulomatous Disorders
www.wasog.org
Official website of WASOG, the World Association of Sarcoidosis and Other Granulomatous Disorders
LikeUnlike · · Share · 4 · 9 hours ago ·

4 replies. Join the discussion

he was my doc a few years ago.. do you know what happened?

No I do not but if I read anything I will post it, Take Care

I never knew Dr. Sharma, but I feel this is huge loss to the sarcoidosis world.

Oh no!
Today my Primary Care Doctor told me about Dr. Sharma and said I should see him to evaluate my case.
Very sad to hear...

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support FSR

Help the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research

Discussion topics

Help and information from FSR

Sarcoidosis and the Body
Sarcoidosis is a "multiorgan" disease - meaning it almost always involves more than one organ. It's unpredictable and affects different people in different ways.

You can learn about the ways in which sarcoidosis affects the body in FSR's Sarcoidosis and the Body brochure.

Community leaders