Day Sweats

I often hear of people having night sweats caused by sarcoidosis or the grocery list of meds that we take to combat and treat it. Does anyone get day sweats? I can just be sitting in my recliner room temp @ 70 and I just start beading sweat down my arms back and chest.
Thank you
Patrick

35 replies. Join the discussion

Not to worry, spicy food can make you sweat. You should have seen me when I accidentally ate a blob of wasabi!!

i break out in a sweat when i eat hot food too.

Michele,

He didn't say anything about being dizzy or having nausea. He did, however, look quite uncomfortable because of the instant heat he feels and the sweats. It seemed to pass after a few minutes.

Pat is out of town right now, I'm sure he will respond more when he gets back.

Yep..day and night sweats. During the day I usually take a jacket. Watching TV at night is fun. I use a small fleecy throw and put it on...take it off...repeat 10 to 20 times. At night it's not too bad. I'm not very conscious of the covering and uncovering. I use a hand towel to wrap around my shoulders if it's cool or drafty. Sarcoidosis gives us one challenge after another. Since this one is annoying but not life threatening, I find ways to improvise.
DOLL

yes and they are so miserable - face hot all over goes into chest -feel weak and fainty, but mostly makes me feel sick and uncomfortable - ativan helped some but currently am checking out hormone levels to see if that has anything to do with it or is it just the sarcoid symptom like the host of other symptoms that come with this disease? Knowing what is causing it makes a diff how to combat it so I am open to suggestions and will let you know what helps for me when I find it.

This is so strange, I have never associated my "attacks" with sarc. I get heat flashes to the face, breakout in a sweat and usually vomit. At night when I go to bed I will be so cold that I pile blankets on me only to wake up during the night feeling like my body is going to ignite. I also get goosebumps constantly during the day. Do any of you have goosebumps? Sarcs evidently messes with the bodies thermostat.

I would say that what I am experiencing are attacks. The dizziness and general malaise are a constant probably from the neurosarc. They seem to get more intense during the attacks or day sweats.

I don't break out in a sweat when I eat hot food the hotter the better. The hot all over felling goes from face into chest and back, but mostly makes me feel sick and uncomfortable.

I have this also. The same symptoms you just stated. Sweats during the day and I have to change my shirt 3 or more times at night. My doctor states that effexor helps stop nights sweats and day sweats, it is also an antidepressant....so sometimes it works.

I have tried effexor it made me feel like I had drank 7 cups of coffee so 90mph during the day and it was difficult for me to get a good sleep at night. Another trigger for the sweats is a shower hot or cold. I sometimes take a ice cold shower 5 minutes after I'm out totally dried off with a towel I will be soaking wet with sweat,

I have daily sweating bouts. The most extreme was when I sat outside in 20 degree weather for more than 30 minutes in short sleeves and could not stop the sweating. My normal body temp is 96.8 degrees. I have neuro-sarc (dx'ed in '96 and am apparently on a gradual downward path with worsening symptoms. I think I will change over to a neuro-sarc topic.
I just found this site today. Hope to find out things I didn't know and might use.
Thanks

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for replying. You say "The dizziness and general malaise are a constant probably from the neurosarc." Have you gotten a doctor to acknowledge that it's related to your neurosarc? I can't seem to get a doctor to even acknowledge the problem. And these attacks and the daily feeling like I'm going to have one if I try to live normally are ruling my life.

Michele

P.S. Are you guys talking about hot food as in "spicy"? I get sweaty sometimes just eating hot food (as opposed to cold).

Well it is happening again just got out of the shower with the air on 68 and broke out in a beading sweat like I'm in 90 degree heat and 88 percent humidity.

I can relate. I had awful sweats until I was way down on my tapering of prednisone today was the last day of my prednisone and I no longer sweat. I thank GOD because I just wanted to crawl out of my skin and I would bathe and change clothes 2-3 times a day. I am gonna try to stay off of prednisone.

Yes, I have day sweats too but I can deal with those. It is the night sweats I can't stand because I wake up soaking wet but mainly wake up because I feel as though I am drowning, suffocating. Only to wake up with my jammies and sheets soaked.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support FSR

Help the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research

Discussion topics

Help and information from FSR

Sarcoidosis and the Body
Sarcoidosis is a "multiorgan" disease - meaning it almost always involves more than one organ. It's unpredictable and affects different people in different ways.

You can learn about the ways in which sarcoidosis affects the body in FSR's Sarcoidosis and the Body brochure.

Community leaders