Tight eyes

I have had tightening around my eyes and it feels like I need to put face cream on all the time. No thickening just tight. I also have red blotchy cheeks and forhead with new blood vessels all around my nose and spreading on my cheeks, is this normal for SD.

13 replies. Join the discussion

I had tight eylids. I would tilt my head up and they would really pull. That was last year. This year is pretty normal. I have had SD for 2 yrs.

I have the bright red blood vessel spots on my face and lots of other places. They're called Telangiectasia, I'm sure thats not spelled right, most people call them T-spots. I believe they are harmless but very hard to deal with when they are on your face. I do cover them with make-up when I leave the house. I use Clinique liquid foundation, it works pretty well. I also use Derma blend. I wash it off the minute I get home. My eye's don't feel tight but they are very dry so I just use artificial tears 3-4 times a day. Take Care.........

Hi abi3, their actually little blood vessel lines that appeared suddenly, is that still the same thing?

I think so. Who knows? SD is a pecular disease and you asked if it was normal with SD. I'd say it is for you!
My face is slowly covering with them and while my eyelids aren't tight my eyes are driving me crazy. I use Restasis and different eye drops to help.
Good luck.
spiritlove

I just developed a red spot on my face, it is small though it's been there about a year. I have a few spots on my arms not to mention age spots. Iused to keep a red rash on my forehead but it cleared up shortly after foing on ap.

Yes, iI think so. II have tighting of my whole face. Almost all of my wrinkles are gone. My eyes are so tight I had to give up wearing my contact lenses, can't get my eyes open wide enough to get them in. My skin has thickened at my jaw line and I have white patches on my cheeks. With this disease it seams anything goes each person experiences their own symptoms.
Hang in there,
Janice

I also have tight skin especially on my face. I don't use soap only Cetaphil and I use CeraVe to moisturize and this helps.

Yes, the skin around my eyes is very tight--if I even roll my eyes upwards, I can feel it pulling. I'm using vitamin E cream on my face & neck to try to keep the skin well-moisturized. also have red splotches on my cheeks, and now white patches on my face, neck, and hands. Do others of you have the white patches? Is that vitiligo--I mean, are vit. and scler. related??

The white patches are not vitiligo, but are very similar. I have them on my hands chest and face. They show up more with a tan, so try to avoid the sun. My doctor said they would eventually improve, but I have yet to see it.

Thank you for letting me know about your white spots. I also emailed my rheumatologist, since I don't see her again til July, and she said these white spots, what she calls "salt-and-pepper" dyspigmentation, is a part of scleroderma. Says it's not actually vitiligo, but kinda looks the same.

Is the salt and pepper appearance only if they are small and spread out.... Mine are larger and sort of symmetrical on my face.....does this mean the scleroderrma is more severe?

my upper arms are hard and hairless. lower arms and fingers had random white patches which i thought were caused by skin thickening of old scars. appears that is not the case now as in indirect light they are speckled as some have said resemble burn victims i thought of vitiligo at first but the pattern is more speckled whereas vitaligo is large pigmentless patches. im actually stunned at how speckled they look in certain light - usually keep them covered to avoid dealing with it. that gets uncomfortable in the south in the summer but its all you can do .

My eyes are very dry, and feel tight also, what is the best artificial tear to use...also what lotion will moisturize without making you feel slimy?

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Scleroderma Foundation

Help the Scleroderma Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Scleroderma Foundation

Discussion topics

From the Scleroderma Foundation

Community leaders