Rituxan

How does one get insurance to cover Rituxan if it considered investigational and not a proven therapy? I am looking into trying it but according to my insurance it is not covered and I may need to fight them covering it. Anyone who has taken it or is currently taking it please respond with results and suggestions on how it was covered by insurance. Thank you so much.
Debbie

4 replies. Join the discussion

I'm pretty sure my insurance just approved it. I haven't started it yet though. My doctor said it was his responsibility to get them to approve. Though the fact that I've been on 3 different medications and they didn't work for me strengthened my case.

My doctor said they are doing trials with Rituxin. Maybe you can get into a trial if your insurance won't cover it. But your doctor will have to contact your insurance company and try to get them to approve it. Good luck.

I took rituxan one time and my insurance covered it, my doctor had to fight them but they covered it blue cross blue shield.

Thank you for your info. It is great to have this site to help with questions like this. Thanks again for your response.
Debbie

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Scleroderma Foundation

Help the Scleroderma Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Scleroderma Foundation

Discussion topics

From the Scleroderma Foundation

Community leaders