Raynauds Gloves

Hi there---

I'm curious to know if anyone has tried these Raynauds gloves (http://www.raynaudsgloves.com/). I live in a cold state, with below zero temperatures and the attacks are bad and I would like to find a solution to help ease the pain, so I am curious to know if anyone has any info on about these gloves.

Be Blessed!

17 replies. Join the discussion

I haven't seen these before but I live in a very cold state as well North Dakota it would definitely be worth looking into!

Tuottie,
I haven't tried them but will. Thanks for sharing the link. I'm always trying to find a better glove.
Alice

No problem, I too am always looking for good gloves, so I am going to give them a try. They say that the FIR(far infrared) is what does the trick to keeping the circulation flowing.

JaLee and AliceRuth, have you ever tried wool gloves?

I am rather suspicious. They look like regular gloves. Don't all gloves reflect infrared? Isn't that what heat is?

I'm a very skeptical person, and I'm pretty sure I smell pseudo-science here. These appear to be nothing more than thin gloves that might, at best, insulate just a tiny bit better than any pair of thin gloves you could buy for under $10. The website doesn't even say what kind of fabric they're made of.

I tried to research their claims about the "bioceramics" in the fabric emitting "far infrared" energy. Infrared is just heat. The best these gloves could do is absorb some of the heat from your body (and during a Raynauds attack, your fingers are not giving off much heat) and then release it again. There is no way that the fabric can "generate" any heat, unless you set it on fire or plug it into a power source.

And take a look at the "Benefits" page on the RaynaudsGloves site. They actually claim that wearing their gloves and socks: "increases metabolism, increases blood flow, reduces hypertension (high blood pressure), reduces the chances of blood clots, improves the elasticity of arterial walls, flushes toxins from the lymph areas, reduces the acidity in our bodies (a more alkaline body is healthier), improves the immune system, and increases the extensibility of collagen. Really? I doubt it. Making unproven claims that a product can treat disease is not legal unless the claims are approved by the FDA. And a marketer who is willing to do that is not worthy of your trust, or your money.

In my research, I found dozens of web sites selling similar "far infrared therapy" products, all making the same claims in identical, awkwardly translated phrases. Some of them were pretty funny:

"Feels The Different Of Our Far Infrared Male Physiological Briefs. Try It Now! To Be Healthier And Start Enjoying Wild Performance In Bed!"

I'm not providing a link for that--you don't want to go there.

Bedlam_unsued,

That's hilarious! Yeah no thanks to the link lol! I might get more than I bargained for.
Anyhow I appreciate your response. I'm just at wits end with this cold weather and having attacks so I find myself willing to try gloves that may potentially work. As I too was a little leary about them, so I thought I would ask around first as to whether they work or not.

Thanks again!

Blessings:-)

Try wearing long underwear both top and bottom. It helps me to keep my core warm and that keeps my hands warm. I layer with the regular undies, long undies, pants and blouse and then a sweater. If I get too hot I just take off the sweater. It really keeps my raynauds under controll and no gimmics.

I find wearing silk long underwear and layers that can be easily added or taken off and a scarf and hat and/or headband keeps my body warm enough that my hands rarely get cold (regular gloves).

Thanks for the link. I just might order them.

I bought the Gerbing's S2 Heated gloves to get me through the winter. They are listed on the Raynaud's site, and you can get a code for a discount at the site. I have to be outdoors a lot, and they really helped me. I have to be on the highest power to keep the optimum warmth, and the battery lasts about 2-3 hours then. Good luck!

I agree with bedlam_ensued. It's a hoax. In my "desperate" days, I too purchased some "infrared" gloves that were to "increase circulation" and they were just thin polyester gloves that were not worth my time. Save your money! Get some real gloves at Patagonia or another reputable site

Ahh, wish I would of seen this yesterday before I ordered a pair. The infra red claim looked phony (preying on hope and gullibility), I did know better, but they had factory seconds for 1/2 price so I broke down and ordered a pair. I wanted something to cover my hands at night after putting on vasoline. Now I feel bad:(

It looks like infra red is an American thing, and silver gloves a UK thing. Anyone try silver gloves?.... Just kidding. I will not buy gimmicky things, I will not buy gimmicky things ;-)

Just seeing this email string now. I brought both the gloves and the socks from this site some time ago and although they do help some , I do not think it is anymore then other basic gloves or socks product you can buy for alot less. I have been buying socks made for diabetics lately....they have a loose top but warm padded bottoms at 2 pairs for $12 I think (found them at a grocry store of all places) , and I think they work just as well, if not better, to keep my feet warm. The gloves from this site do look nice and seem well made, but I won;t buy them again since I just don;t see the value for the cost.

Bedlam_ensued,
Your response was sooo funny! Loved it! I think if your hands are really bad the electrically heated mittens are the only way to go. But so far I am doing well with a certain grand of glove liner which is form-fitting. I can even type in them if I type slowly and am careful to stay on the home keys. They are less bulky than regular gloves, but warmer than most regular gloves. And when it's really cold outside I wear them under a pair of sheerling sheepskin mittens. I've been very pleased with this flexibility of use.

In mittens I use the pocket warmers from the sporting good store. Hands are toasty for 3-5 hours. Costco sells by the box in the fall. I live in North Idaho. NO solution for gloves.

I wouldn't give in to any expensive product claims. I buy polyester gloves from Target; in the womens section. Right now marked down at 2pairs for 37 cents. Stretch polyester is tight and warm and one size fits all. I wear them all year long.

I suckered into buying those gloves too! LOL No they don't work. I would love some heated gloves though for when I visit my sister in Oregon. Steady Eddie has done it right, cheapies are just as good.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Scleroderma Foundation

Help the Scleroderma Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Scleroderma Foundation

Discussion topics

From the Scleroderma Foundation

Community leaders