Padding on bottom of feet

I remember reading once that someone said that scleroderma can effect the padding at the bottom of the feet. Does anyone have input on that? The swelling of my feet comes and goes, but now I have to wear slippers when I stand on my ceramic tiles or the bottoms of my feet feel like I am walking on my bones.

9 replies. Join the discussion

Scleroderma can take away fat and muscle from anywhere, your feet are no different.

I haven't been able to walk on my bare feet for years. Always have on either crocs or flip flops. Because there is no fat left on the balls of my feet they get really calloused. Just gently using a foot file on them really helps.

Thank you so much for your replies, girls! It is nice to know that I am not going crazy. Crocs do help!

love my new balance walking sneaker slip-on 811's....i also add a spenco ortho insert for more cushion...sooooo comfy for active "Mom's"!!!
xo

I had that problems also,but it has improved now. I still don't go bare footed outside.

I had very serious issues with my feet. It got to the point I could barely walk. I went to the podiatrist for inserts. I think one could save a bundle by going to a good store and purchasing them. But the only thing that actually got my feel feeling better, was the chiropracter. I always wear inserts now and am 100 % better.

YES! RECENT TROUBLE WITH MY LEFT FOOT, I THOUGHT I WAS LOOSING MY MIND TOO. SKIN IS PRETTY THICK INSIDE ARCH AND HEELS HURT TO STEP ON. I AM NEWLY DIAGNOSED AND DON'T QUITE KNOW WHAT TO THINK OF THESE ISSUES THAT APPEAR SO OFTEN. I KNOW WITHOUT SHOES IT IS WAY WORSE. I PRAY FOR US ALL FOR STRENGTH.

Can anyone tell me the why of this???

I have lost the padding in my feet so I never go barefoot cause it feels like I'm walking on bone....I wear the gel heel pads in all of my shoes. The pads make a big difference. I have osteoarthritis in my heels so sometimes they get really swollen and painful...so sometime I have to sleep with pillow under my lower legs to keep my feet from touching the bed.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Scleroderma Foundation

Help the Scleroderma Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Scleroderma Foundation

Discussion topics

From the Scleroderma Foundation

Community leaders