finger ulcers

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does anythone have any sugestions to heal finger
ulcers? I've tried everything. Frustation is an understatment. Ideas anyone???

9 replies. Join the discussion

I used neosporian on my finger tips with finger cots from the local pharmacy. Changed them twice a day and they cleared up in a few months. Nesporine helped alot with the pain. Cut you finger cots to about the first joint and tape them on cloth tape. Also are you using revatio / procardia or any other type medicine for them?

You may want to look into a hyperbaric chamber if they are really severe and not healing over a long period of time.

I have not used this, but I do know how frustrating it is to have an ulcer that will not heal. I had one for two years once that would heal up somewhat, and then all I had to do was bump it on something and it would get all angry and inflamed again.

I also used neosporin and bandaids, and just kept changing them.

Good luck to you,

Sarah

Be aware that neosporin has a high potential for creating allergic reactions. It is the neomycin in it that has that potential. The other ingredients in it are polymyxin B and Bacitracin.

Neomycin is effective against gram negative bacteria and partially effective against gram positive bacteria
Polymyxin B is effective against otherwise drug resistant Gram-negative bacteria, such as Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Acinetobacter baumannii and Klebsiella pneumoniae.

I noticed, however, that when my doc sent me home after my recent skin-nerve biopsy, he did not send me home with Neosporin. He sent me home instead with Bacitracin Zinc ointment. Although Bacitracin can cause dermatitis, the frequency of allergenic reactions is not as high as with Neosporin. Bacitracin is effective against the cell walls of gram positive bacteria.

Neosporin ointment, containing all 3 antibiotics has a very widespread effectivity against bacteria of all sorts. You just have to be aware that it can cause an allergic reaction, and switch to something else if it does.

I keep Neosporin on hand at home at all times, and no scratch, no matter how minor, goes without at least one application of Neosporin. I think this could prevent a LOT of ulcers. They say "a stitch in time saves nine."

Thank you all for your input.......Cheers....

The only way i got rid of mine was surgery. I think my job as a xray tech contribute to the constant recurring ulcers on my finger. I have had ulcer on every finger except my little fingers. I think radiations and some of the xray chemicals I used contributed to my ulcers. I have been having surgery on my finger since 1993, and some ofmy fingers are just about none exsistence.

I had a ulcer on my pointer finger. It hurt so bad. I also kept neosporin at all times and kept a bandaid over it. The RA doctor told me to always keep it miost.
I also looked in to natural and vitamin home remedies. Along with my prescribed medication I also take vitimin E, Evening Primrose and Fish Oil omega 3 vitamns. Might be all in my head but haven't had a ulcer in 2 years, THANK GOD!

When I started AP therapy --end of June--they started healing and haven't had a new one since. So if AP does nothing else for me--it has helped heal my ulcers.

what is ap therapy

Hi Ejab,Your right about taking the vitamins you mentioned,
The oils,Vit.E, Oil of Primrose,Omega 3 etc. I went on these a year or so ago,never miss and I too have no more probs.
with Ulcers,Thank God....casagrande

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Scleroderma Foundation

Help the Scleroderma Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Scleroderma Foundation

Discussion topics

From the Scleroderma Foundation

Community leaders