EGD/BRAVO

Has anyone had a EGD followed by a BRAVO? The EGD/BRAVO is a procedure where the doctor goes down your throat with a camera into your stomac and small intestine to look around, usually they will take some biopsies and in this case they ATTACHED and capsule (about an inch long) to the bottom side of my esphagus and I had a monitor to wear for 48 hours to monitor my PH and I had to keep a dairy of all indigestion syptoms.
If you had this procedure done...Could you feel the capsule and is so how long did it stay attached until being passed?
I think I can feel mine and it hurts my chest to burp swallow and eat. The pain seems to get better as the day goes on.

3 replies. Join the discussion

Yes, I've had the EGD and BRAVO. It was uncomfortable until it came out, close to 48 hours. It felt like my esophagus was being pinched ever time I swallowed. Once it passes you should feel better. Good luck.

My capsule was attached May 19th, 6 days ago. i was monitored for 48 hours. I'm having the same feelings today but not as bad. So maybe it didn't pass yet or There is something else going on. I will find out on Friday when I see the doctor.

I had the Bravo capsule done and honestly I had no issues such as discomfort afterwards. Maybe your esophagus is a little irritated from the biopsy, etc., but if it continues I would call the GI doc.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Scleroderma Foundation

Help the Scleroderma Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Scleroderma Foundation

Discussion topics

From the Scleroderma Foundation

Community leaders