Hemp oil as a possible treatment for IPF

Hi everyone,

I just signed up and I'm actually not a patient. My mother has IPF.

My question to everyone is: has anyone encountered or tried hemp oil to treat their idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis? It doesn't necessarily have had to be idiopathic, either, though that is what my mother has, since she was never a smoker.

There is someone on YouTube that posted a video about her using hemp oil for her PF and says it worked. She is not clear on the details, but I can only assume she meant it successfully removed the scarring, according to her medical exams, which she does not provide (understandably).

Does anyone have any experience with this? Dosage? Brand? Purity? Length of time to take?

My mother lives in Los Angeles, California.

Thanks everyone for your feedback in advance.

27 replies. Join the discussion

onenavymom , i'm with you . show me . if it is for real that should not be a problem . if I found something to make this go away , you could put my xrays on the today show . i'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.

mY COUSIN JUST TOLD ME ABOUT HEMP OIL SHE IS GOING TO GIVE ME THE DETAILS i WILL PASS IT ON!!

THE ISSUE I HAVE WITH THIS IS YOU CAN SMOKE CIGS BUT THEY WANT US TO SMOKE THIS HEMP OIL. HOW DO WE KNOW IF IT COULD STICK TO OUR LUNGS ANDMAKE IT WORSE!CANNIBUS SURE DOES.....

sORRY TO HEAR YOUR AGNOSTIC BEAUSE WITH THIS DISEASE WE HAVE TO HAVE THE FAITH THAT GOD IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE THERE FOR US. AND IT IS HE THAT COULD GIVE ANYONE OF US THE MIRCLE OF A CURE. i FOR ONE HAVE BE BLESSED WITH HIS GUIDENCE TO IMPROVE AS MUCH AS i HAVE. THANK YOU JESUS....

I could deal with a little medicinal grass but smoking it with bad lungs, I am not sure that is such a good idea. I am a child of the sixties and early seventies when grass was very accessible (along with all the other fun stuff). Remember it use to irritate my lungs so I didn't do it too often but it did take the edge off. I believe any port in the storm at this point. Right now I am not on oxygen because my recovery from a sats drop is pretty good. Also I have PH which I start treatment on next week so I am hoping that may help me out a little. Would suggest to all don't self medicate or believe everything you read or hear on the Internet. There is so much wrong info out there and as someone pointed out there are those just trying to make a buck.

Much good advice given.....take what you think will work for you.....criticism not acceptable, particularly of one that has repeatedly been there with many specific findings, verified, that have helped others.....The statin information has changed the life of one of my friends, significantly.
Hemp oil is good for those of us with scleroderma to put on your skin....it lessens the leathering and particularly, the cracking of the skin.
Steve, maybe your mom needs to see a Cardiologist....Her additional discomfort could be connected to something going on with her heart.
ATTITUDE IS GRATITUDE FOR EACH DAY I AM ALIVE AND VERTICAL.......I THANK GOD EVERY MORNING FOR SEEING THE DAY......I am not that religious but I am spiritual....And, in my darkest hours God has let me know that it was not yet my time.....Seriously!

Interesting reading. Realized that one of the things they check when I go in for my periodic blood work is Cannabis. That is one of the things that could get me kicked out of the transplant program where I am a candidate. Don't think I would risk it unless they came along and told me that at 68 I was now too old for transplantation. Then I would consider...

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation

Help the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation

Discussion topics

Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Day

Pulmonary Fibrosis Awareness Day

PFF Summit 2015

PFF Summit 2015

PFF Care Center Network

Links and Resources from the PFF

Community leaders

Disclaimer

The Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation (PFF) would like to remind visitors and group members that information found in the PFF Support Community should not be considered a replacement for a consultation with a qualified healthcare professional. Please consult your personal physician regarding any medical information that is shared on this site. Any views or opinions expressed on this site are not necessarily those of the PFF.