Things that I can do to go into labor prior to due date

Hello, I'm now 37 weeks. Would really love to deliver before the due date!
Any tips as to what I can do to get this process started? I would prefer to go into labor naturally.
I had my son early (33 1/2) so, I didn't experience these last uncomfortable weeks!

12 replies. Join the discussion

The only thing that worked for me was to walk. I walked until the contractions started and then I wouldn't sit down cuz if I sat the contraction would stop or slow down. I look back now and it's a great memory. My mother was actually sober and we talked. We did this until 2 in the morning when it was time to go to the hospital. I nowknow what evey square inch of the bottom 5 feet of the tabernacle looks like.

Thanks for the tip, purple57chevy!
Did you start the "walking" around 37 weeks or later? It's been so nasty out lately, don't even feel like going out! I do try to get to the gym so that I can spend some time on the elliptical trainer or take a light yoga class. It doesn't seem to be working!
I will try to get out and do some walking this weekend with my son for Halloween. Hope that helps to get the contraptions started.

I was actually 4 days over. but I've also heard that having sex helps, playing with your nipples and coming to orgasm. The rest of my kids were scheduled c-sections. But if you ask me multiple orgasams is a win win situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have fun:)

Walking and being active helps. Another thing is caster oil (laxative). I don't necessarily recommend it, although I don't believe it's harmful. I used it and a lot of people I know used it. I would take a tablespoon (although you can take up to 4) and mix it with some juice. It does help get the contractions going. I have 3 kids and used it on all three at the very end. My labors were all perfectly fine and babies very healthy as well. If you aren't dialated at all, I don't know that it will do very much for you. I know that last month seems to drag on forever. Talk to your doctor. He/she may be willing to induce you since you are now considered full term.

Thanks Areddin,
I will look into the castor oil. The doc can induce me at 39 weeks, don't want to wait that long! I take fish oil with my Prenatal Vitamin already, would taking castor oil be too much?
Arandis

Thanks Purple57chevy,
I have heard that sex and nipple stimulation helps. I'm just so uncomfortable that I don't want either! Also, I've noticed that I've started lactating...
Guess, I will have to try, if that doesn't work...I will have to try to get a foot massage? Arandis

No, I don't think the caster oil would have any interaction with your vitamins. Good luck to you :-)

not a bad idea to go with the foot massage!!!!!! My hubby hates lotion and hates feet, but in my last couple of weeks he totally relented and gave me a foot massage and it was heavenly:)

There is a pressure point on the heel of your feet that is believed to put women in labor if massaged enough! The whole sex thing and being to uncomfortable for it I completely understand the feeling! But orgasms are said to relax you, the sperm is what breaks down the enzyms on the amniotic sac. So in order for sex to help, achieving both of you climaxing is your best bet!

My advice is WALK! The day before my best friend's mom had her baby she walked off and on all day. The next morning she gave birth to a healthy baby girl, they named Rolly Lynn.

Thank you for everyone with advice to "go into labor" before due date. My water broke around 1:30 am Sunday morning and I delivered my baby girl, Chloe at 10:30 on the same day.
Now, to eventually work on getting the extra weight off...

SEX, speed walking, and walking up and down stairs.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders