Im pregnant, I dont have a job and i dont know what to do?

I'm 29yrs old, I'm a single mother and just found out that im pregnant, I dont no what to do.. Who will hire me. No one wants to hire pregnant women. I really want to have it, but I think I'm running out of options.
I would love to hear any ideas.

5 replies. Join the discussion

Have you thought about adoption? Some agencies pay living expenses during the pregnancy to help you out. If not adoption, what about family? You won't be pregnant forever, you have to think positive. :)

I'm sorry to hear of you predicament, but you have to view this as everything happens for a reason, and there are many ways to find local jobs on the internet. it won't happen overnight, but just have faith. plus, you have help like medicaid, and other govt. help for the time being (WIC, Foodstamps) Never turn down any help. I wasn't working during my whole pregnancy and with WIC and medicaid, i got so much help. Please don't get discouraged. Everything will work out the way it's suppose to. I will pray for you... i'll get back to you today on some job sites to check out.

Please DO consider adoption if you are SURE you could not raise your child. I know several families who would love to adopt a child and even let the birthmother be part of the child's life. God has given you a gift of life and even though it seems horrible right now, if you give this child a chance, you will never regret it (I know from experience). May the Lord give you strength today and courage and His peace which passes all understanding.
From, an understanding friend who has been there--

I agree with the post above, do not turn down any help! Also a great website to go to and find local jobs in your area is www.jobing.com. It is a great website, I actually found my job through this website and I am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant. Whatever you do, do not lose faith in yourself!:)

Well, I've been looking for jobs all week with no luck.
Even if I was to get hire, all of the jobs pay average of $500 a week. How can anyone live like that. I keep praying, hoping to see a light a the end of this tunnel, but nothing. I wanna be positive, but anywhere i go looking for job, there's so many people ahead of me, and they are no pregnant. I hope I can find a job soon.
Thanks to everyone that gave me there opinio.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Community leaders