I was wondering if anyone had undergone pre-emptive cerclage on a second pregnancy and what their experience was. My first pregnancy, I had an incompetant cervix, that thanks to myself being employed in the medical field, I recognized. I was admitted to the hospital at 22 weeks, 3 cm dialted with a bulging bag and in active labor. I then ruptured and began leaking fluid making an emergency cerclage impossible. Slowly though, over a period of hospital bedrest, my fluid level rebuilt to a "normal" level and we managed to make it to 29 weeks before delivering via c-section. My daughter was in the NICU for 2 months, and thank god, she is doing wonderful and will be one year old this week. My question is, has anyone had a similar situation and decided to get pregnant again and had a cerclage at 13 weeks? My fear is not for myself, but the thought of potentially putting another baby thru the NICU. I realize how lucky we have been. I am 35 years old and want to make the decision to have another baby in the next year or so. They never found any medical reason for me having an imcompetant cervix, but I was told cerclage was a must if I get pregnant again. Any advice or past experiences would be appreciated!