Premature Babies/Birth Awareness Ribbon and Bracelete Colors?

So quick question.... and a little background on why haha... What is the colors for the premature babies/premature birth/preemies ribbon or braclet colors? I know we had national premature babies day where we wore green, and I know March of Dimes is purple, and I know they used to use the pink and blue but then that turned into baby loss. So is there more then one color? and if so what are the colors and meanings?
My husband and myself are getting matching/similar tattoos for our son (who was born premature) and I had the idea to incorpriate the color for premature babies/premature births into our tattoos since our son is a survivor and striving and a miracle. Of course He loved the idea.. so now I am trying to research the colors. So any help would be great! Thanks So Much for your help! OR WE SO NEED TO MAKE ONE AND QUICK!!!... and idea could be little footprints that are green and purple swirled color (this way it brings in national premature birth day where yiou wear green and MOD purple). Or even a ribbon for green and purple swirl and little white footprints.

10 replies. Join the discussion

I know that the ribbon is half blue half pink but not sure the meaning behind it. I will do some research and if I find out why I will let you know =]

I may be wrong, I am reading that it is pink and blue and also purple too from different websites...not sure now?

yeah thats what my problem was lol i found pink and blue, or purple, or green

Up until about 2008 the prematurity awareness bracelets given out by the MOD were a pink and blue swirl. The MOD used to sell this style, but a few years ago changed the color to purple. So the question remains I suppose, is "prematurity awareness" pink and blue and the MOD's color purple? If I recall correctly the MOD changed their bracelet color around the time a little girl named Maddie passed away at about 18 months old and there was a huge outpouring of donations to the MOD in her name. Most of the March for Maddie walkers wore purple, and I seem to think the MOD changed the bracelet color around this time.

Anne, mom to Eliza Grace
www.LifeWithEliza.com

From the research I've done, the colors are pink and blue. The march of dimes is the only purple. If you find out anything else, please let me know!

I have the pink and blue bracelet the glows in the dark. I have two that I have on everyday since ian came home

According to the blog/link that was posted I dont see a color for preemie awareness. THis is so sad being so many babies are born premature and what miracles they are. I say we figure a way to dedicate a color. It lists the pink/blue combo for infant death and purple has multiple meanings none of which are premature babies.

I totally agree; it is sad! I am changing my blog around and wanted to do a Prematurity Awareness theme but I don't know which colors to use..... =/

I have three children that was born early/preemies. One of them was so small that she wasn't expected to live. By God's will she's now 15 years old. Now she has a report that is due and she decided to pick Prematurity Awareness. But the only thing she can't find is the color used for the awareness month. If she has to use all three colors(pink, blue, & purple) she will. But we would like to know the color for this serious concern that is all year long not just one month.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Preemie links and resources

Narratives from the NICU -- Read the special report

Community leaders