Preemie clothes how to find or make

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew of some good sites where I could find preemie clothes or patterns to make my own. Thanks

26 replies. Join the discussion

preemiesrus.com preemie.com or you can buy patterns at brightcreations.us

I first bought preemie clothes at Gymboree (on sale) and then found a brand called "Little Me". (I think). That was MUCH cheaper. I found it everywhere, especially at Khols and TJ Maxx. I could be wrong, but I think Carter's sells preemie sizes too. If you have an outlet mall near you that's where i did most of my shopping when they were just born.

Baby depot in Burlington coat factory and babies-r us have preemie clothes.

As far as the bigger size preemie clothes, I bought Janie and Jack also that hasn't been mentioned. Gosh, Walmart is carrying a huge selection of stuff now, also. Gap also carries up to 7 pounds (which is comparable to the Gymboree preemie size), and then they had a much smaller one for 2-5 pounds for a while. It was just perfect for me 3.5 pounder, and oh so soft...but I'm not sure if they still make it because I haven't had any need to check on line for a couple of years.

I am curious if anyone knows a good micropreemie clothing site, as unfortunately I'm looking at that size for this pregnancy. Does anyone know???

Thanks!

We happen to live near a Carters outlet and they have great preemie clothes. JC penneys carries the Carter line and may have preemie

Micro Preemie clothes. I could be wrong, but my so was 2lbs 9oz and it took about 45 days to maintain temp well enough to get out of giraffe and wear clothes. By the time he was in clothes he was about 3 1/2lbs and the reg Carters preemies fit adequately. I would think a micropreemie would be the same way. Also, my NICU had donated clothes they could wear in hospital. I bought a few preemie clothes, but by the time he came home, we were in newborn size. I doubt you'll be in preemies long enough at Home to make it worth the clothing investment.

Megan was 1 lb 13 oz at birth. I did get her a few onesies at preemie.com that she was able to wear. She was not at 3 lbs yet when she could wear clothes. I got her preemie sleepers at Babies R Us that were a bit big when she was wearing sleepers, but worked well since we had to layer a bit. We were actually in preemie clothes for a little over a month when she came home (under 5 lbs when she came home).

I got our Micro Preemie Clothes from jacquispreemiepride.com. I also got TONS of outfits from ebay in regular preemie size. I have a 30gallon bag of clothes...I went a bit overboard!

I dont know where you can find patterns, but we got a lot of my sons preemie cloths at Walmart. They had a huge selection which was great! I actually just went down there a few days ago and couldnt believe all the cute cloths they had. They actually have a larger selection now than they did before for both girls and boys. They are about $3.50 - $5.00 for sets or sleepers. I dont know if you have a Burlington Coat factory, but we found cloths there as well. Good Luck!!

I found my daughter's clothes at preemiesrus.com. They had alot of the speacialty cothing for babies that still have all the lines. The NIC tees were excellent and the nurses appreciated being able to change her outfits without disturbing her lines. Walmart also carries alot of preemie clothing, but by the time my daughter left the NICU at 4lbs. 9oz. the clothing was still a little big.

Wal-mart actually has awesome preemie clothes! They even had preemie halloween costumes this year in the baby clothes section!

babiesrus.com

Target and walmart. Also your local craigslist.

Walmart was always helpful for us... Our son came home at 4 lbs.. and was in preemie size for about 2 months. Walmart isvery affordable.and a great selection.

My son was in Preemie cloths for awhile almost 4months after discharge (he's 18 months now and is in 6-12). Wal-mart has a big selection of preemie cloths at a good price! Babies-r-us, Carters, Target, Gymboree, Gap, and Children's Place just to name a few... all these stores have either preemie size or up to 7lbs.

We got almost all of my son'clothes at ebay, do a search for a "preemie clothes lot", lots have many pieces in them, we got 70 pieces of clothes for $60 plus $10 shipping, it was the best deal we found. Make sure you factor in the shipping costs, it's hard to remember to include that in the total prices sometimes if you get caught up in bidding.

I also found a couple of nice pieces in the hospital gift shop, they were a little pricey, but we felt they were worth it, we got one onesie that was for micro preemies that said "NICU Graduate in Training" and we got another shirt with a teddy bear on it that said "NICU Graduate I'm a Miracle Baby", he wore that one the day he came home : )

My 33 weeker stayed in preemie clothes for 4 months! Even my term baby girl was in preemie clothes for almost a month. But my husband and I are small people, so I guess our kids are smaller by nature.

I just thought of another brand that hasn't been mentioned...Zutano, I just loved their soft little preemie line.

Steph : )

Glad I'm not the only one!...my son was in 3-6 months after he was a year, 6-12 like yours at 18 months, and now he is 2 years 3 months he is wearing an 18-24...so he is getting closer to his actual size, lol.

Hi -
I share the same. Tia was 1lb 5oz at birth today she is 19lbs at 18 months, she is in 6 -12 mth clothes. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone.

Micro-Preemie clothes are very, very different. They should have some in the NICU but I do have a pattern. A friend of mine made some for Tia while she was in the NICU and it was great to have our own and to have an amazing keepsake. If you send me your address, or email, I will copy the pattern and get it to you.

Preemie clothes - ditto on everyone else, Wal-Mart carries the Carter's line which is alot cheaper than Gymboree.

Have fun dressing your little one!

I got chloe's micro-preemie stuff at preemie.com

I am so glad I got what I did to. I didn't get much. I got a few onsies (Like just 1 pack or something) and sleepers. I didn't worry about like, take me out of the house type outfits. She was in preemie until around her due date. but the micro preemie stuff I got only lasted her until 36 weeks or so, she came home at 35 weeks (gestation)

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Preemie links and resources

Narratives from the NICU -- Read the special report

Community leaders