breasts 'leaking' at 32 weeks pregnant??

Hello ladies! I am 32 weeks pregnant today with baby boy, and just noticed that my breasts are "leaking" already! When I was pregnant with Bella this totally didn't happen.....my question - is this normal? Is it something to be concerned about, or is my body just "getting prepared"? Any thoughts?

10 replies. Join the discussion

It's normal as far as I know. I was told some women start leaking colostrum while pregnant, especially in the third trimester. I wouldn't be concerned if I were you :)

Congrats on your pregnancy :) I hope it continues to go well!! <3

Thank you! It just seems strange....with Bella it was a struggle to get and keep a milk supply....so, no complaining! Just want to make sure it's normal!

I have 3 kids and my first one I leaked alot at about how far along you are and didn't really with the other two kids. I think you are fine! Merry Christmas!

Yes it's normal. I've started leaking early with all my pregnancies. My first was around 21 weeks, second one was around 24 weeks, and I'm 14 weeks now and wondering when I'll start leaking again. It's a nuisance but I've thought of it as a blessing. At least I know my body and milk are ready just in case.

I started leaking a day before 20 weeks pregnant.. and I thought it was weird so I asked my dr about it and she told me that its perfectly normal.

I have a friend that didn't know she was pregnant until she started leaking. She called me to ask if I had any ideas why her breasts would be leaking and I asked her if she was pregnant? She did a pg test and sure enough, she was about 6 months pregnant! LOL I have no idea how women can not know, but she didn't. I know almost instantly, even before my next period is supposed to be here because I start having symptoms. Another note, I had a miscarriage at 16 weeks and two days later I was engorged because my milk came in. I had a lot of milk for about a month and then I leaked up until I got pregnant again which was about 8 months later. I may not be able to get pregnant or carry babies easily, but I can make milk easily....LOL

I started leaking at 6 months

Hm...Would it be dangerous to get a head start in pumping milk? Does anyone know? I've always wondered about this.

I think it is dangerous. I heard it can stimulate contractions. I wouldn't try even for the good intention. Merry Christmas!

thanks, ladies!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Preemie links and resources

Narratives from the NICU -- Read the special report

Community leaders