Weird crazy dreams on treatment

Do any of you have weird crazy dreams while your being treated. Im being treated on Taxol and every night it seems its weirder and weirder, Im either boating in a wild ocean with lots of colors, going up and down an elevator at my cancer institute, or watching my yard tramsform into a beautiful outdoor brook with animals.
Im never in stress or pain, but its weird. Can the meds we all take cause it? The taxol, steroids or anything.
Just wonder if any of you have this happen. Im scared to ask my doctor for fear they might think im nuts.

14 replies. Join the discussion

You're not nuts! And if you are, you are in good company! There is an older thread about nightmares you might enjoy reading.

Many of us on here have a different quality of dreams. I attribute mine to the cancer diagnosis rather than any particular drug. (But hey, yours sound kinda cool) And I am on Taxol again, so I will have to be on the lookout for any!

Most of the dreams that I remember these days are not pleasant. I am usually trying to get away from bad guys. Last night I was trying to scale an enormosu craggy rock mountsain with my bare hand sand feet.

the steroids must have been killing me because for the weeks around my last round of chemo, i dreamed about nothing but meat, grilling steak, etc. it was very weird not to mention i kept waking up craving steak...

A few nights ago I dreamed I won a lottery in the amount of 37,000 dollars.I remember clearly looking at the check and saying to myself I must be dreaming, and looking again at the chek.Why 37 I have no idea.I just had a low dose chemo last week.Dream on and Keep Positive.

My Mom often shared her weird and funny dreams with me as we had coffee together. She would laugh so hard and then say "oh well guess I am loosing my mind as well as my hair". I hope you find lots to laugh at and have fun with your dreams. Huggs,Teresa

I didn't have crazy dreams on Taxol. But, other medications have caused some pretty wierd dreams as well as crying jags and insomnia. I thought I was nuts but I really am seeing a pattern. There isn't much research on it. But I think certain chem drugs effect the Brain's seratonin. I seem to have these effects with the platin drugs in particular.

Yes, cheryl4tea,
I'd crazy, really vivid dreams on Taxol - Lions were chasing me through ruined cities, I was constantly trying to wipe icing-sugar off my clothes, I was breathing underwater.
I wrote them all down, as soon as I woke up, in a dream journal. Sometimes I read over them.
I was on Diazepam too, so I think that made them a bit wackier!
xo
Erin

I have insane dreams while in treatment. Some have been pretty nigtmarish where I've woken in a panic and scared to death. Its one of the side effects that I think I dislike the most. I'd love to get a good nites sleep.

Im so glad im not alone here. Its not that mine are really bad just this never happened before. Im sorry some of you had really scary ones. I wonder if ever they will do research on them, we all have so many.

It's the decadron that does it. I always had VERY weird dreams for a couple of days after chemo. If you are not on the steroids continuously, they go away after a few days.
Irene

You know it after the one round of steroids and a few days after , maybe it is the one round of them I get. This is interesting to know im not crazy though lol

Hey there! I had many crazy dreams back when I had chemo and could not sleep because of them. But- had to post this crazy thing. As I was trying to come out of a morphine sleep after surgery I had Huge wolves in my hospital room with rooster heads on them and huge rosters with wolves heads on them. And they were having some kind of party as I yelled at them to get out and in not so nice of words either. lol. Go figure that one huh? Drugs and that do strange things ya know. Crazy! Hugs and be well my friends here. Jan

LOL thanks Jan....I had to laugh at that one...you made my day...TYVM

I had weird dreams early on but once they put me on ambien, I sleep so soundly I can't remember anything.

I had weird dreams early on but once they put me on ambien, I sleep so soundly I can't remember anything.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders