Vitamin C Infusions

Has anyone tried this treatment ? Several friends have sent me information on this. I'd like to know if anyone on here has tried this and was it affective? I'm going to ask my doctor about it.

Peace and healing to all. Prayers too !

11 replies. Join the discussion

I know a dynamic phenomenal woman who works at a local cancer center who did IV vitamin C in stead of chemo for breast cancer. I've known her for a year, and she had been in remission for a while before that. You can imagine what kind of belief in its efficacy she must have when she sees all the other protocols every time she goes to work.

Some call it the Kansas protocol, after Dr. Jeanne Drisko at Kansas U or the U of Kansas. Google it. I'm going to do it as soon as a local ND gets the training.

Good luck, and I hope you find more information.

Pharmacologic doses of Vitamin C may be useful to treat cancer after all

http://www.cancerfocus.org/pharmacologic_doses_of_vitamin_c_as_a_prooxidant _and_decrease_growth_of_aggressive_tumors_in_mice/13205

You just confirmed what my husband believes and has been trying to convince me of for years. It is part of his daily protocol. He takes about 3,000mgs. daily and I swear the man is never sick! He has been doing this for years. He is turning 61 in Nov.
I will be happy to read the link..thanks gpawelski:)
I had not heard of the IV infusion of Vitamin C.
Thanks debofil

Debofil,

I first heard of vitamin C infusions when watching a documentary film on nutrition. You might find it an interesting watch too. I found a copy at my local library. It is called FoodMatters. It does talk about nutrition and alternative treatments including the vitamin C infusions.

If you are looking for additional information just on vitamin C used to treat cancer, look into Linus Pauling's work. He termed the phrase Orthomolecular Medicine which is the study of using vitamins in large doses to treat chronic disease.

All the best to you,
Jennifer

Thank you all for your responses - the info you have given me is very helpful and has convinced me that I might just try this ! I just won't accept the fact of what the doctor said "Deb you will never be cured or even in remission again" There's something out there, I just know it. Maybe this is it ! Since there doesn't seem to be side affects - what could hurt ? I just need to find out if my facility does this or where I should go if it doesn't. Thank you again !

Deb

There is a woman named Nancy on the CSN (Cancer Survivors Network) board who does the vitamin C infusions.

Hi...someone above mentioned Kansas...I know there are current studies going on there with iv vit c.

We have it here but I feel that it is very espensive. They recommend alpha lipoic acid iv's with it. I think 2 of each per week is something like 600.00. Not covered by insurance either. I would be interested to know if others have found this price to be in line and if anyone has been able to get it covered by insurance.

I came across a description of Dr. Jeanne Drisko's clinical trial several years ago. She adds IV ascorbic acid to the carbo/taxol regime. To my knowledge, the trial has reported out yet. Years prior a Mayo Clinic study discounted Vitamin C therapies- but that was orally administered. It turns out to be very difficult to get the necessary amount of C without damaging the digestive tract. That is why the IV route seems promising. Wouldn't a nontoxic therapy for us be wonderful?

I hadn't thought much about insurance yet. My insurance is so good about approving everything so far, but this is not really a "conventional" FDA Approved treatment for cancer, I'm wondering now. Something I need to check into. Yes Salty1 - it would be so wonderful to have a nontoxic therapy ! For now we can hope and dream there will be some day in our life time. I pray.

I'm going to my study doctor tomorrow, and she is trained. I'll ask some more questions about price, etc. My insurance will pay for naturopathic care, so I'm lucky there.

Google national registries of Bastyr or Portland graduate NDs. If they do chelation, they can probably do IV C.

Debofil,
I have been doing the Vit C infusions with my chemo since 12/09. My onc uses the protocol of Dr Jeanne Drisko from the U of Kansas. I get 2 infusions/wk-50 mg each. Along with that I take 6000 orally-- Ester C. I believe that the study at U of Kansas for Ovarian Cancer is to keep the cancer stable. Mine is not covered by insurance-each infusion is $140. It is expensive, but I'll take it as long as I have any $ left. It has definately helped my constant UTI's(I also have a fistula) and it has to be helping my body fight the bad effects of the poisenous chemo. I am stable and I'm coming up to my 3 year mark. Actually my CA125 has gone down and my spots have all gotten smaller since they added Avastin to my Doxil as well. I think that the C has really helped me--don't know if it's all in my head or not! LOL!!

Good luck and I hope your insurance does cover it!

Hugs,
Gayle

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders