Thickening... Concerning or Not to be?

So, I posted a couple of days ago about some pressure and going to the bathroom all the time. My doctor treated me for infection and it took some time but all my symptoms went away. Anyhow this week spent time getting blood work and ct scan, docs orders and my ca 125 came in 18.1 and my ct scan came back with nothing alarming. Doctor did want me to be aware of some thickening in my colon on my right side. He said he was not concerned with it not so ever and said to be aware of pain or anything new going on. He believes it was just contracted more than the rest. So the question should i really worry or just take that its noted and all is well and not worry. I am not having any complaints of anything right now and i was dx 1c june of 2009. I dont know, this cancer game we all are playing really sucks! I want to return it to the store and demand my money back! lol :)

8 replies. Join the discussion

Hey, if the doctor says don't worry, don't worry. If it's remotely serious and they can make money, they will treat it!
You will not have a recurrence; I command it so. LOL like the universe is listening!!!!

Jan

Very true, they will make money on the tiniest of things. My hubby says I am his whole world, so I'm listening and I will stay in NED!!! :)

One of my ct scans showed a thickened area on the peritoneum, but when they did a laparoscopy there was nothing different in that area. In the end they decided it was a "refractory anomaly." It think that means optical illusion. I agree with the ImBeatingIt, if the doctor says don't worry about it, don't fret. If you're feeling good, that's a symptom of something good!

Agreed.

Imbeatingit has spoken! LOL. Be vigilant and if you want, keep a little diary of aches and pains, when, how much, what you ate/drank, etc. That will allow you to see if a pattern is developing from either a potential recurrence or something as benign as gas! I'm having some aches and pains right now but just recently had the HE4 test so am watching to see how this goes. Sometimes we just have to pour a big glass of red and relax.
Hugs,
M

I know what you mean about the bladder pressure as I seem to go to the loo a lot more and that started before I was diagnosed - not knowing that I had a problem at the time. Since surgery - I have days when I will go a dozen times. I got it checked out with an Ultra Sound with nothing detected - could be adhesion or positioning of bowel. It is a bummer as you don't wan't to worry but we get scared that this thing will come back and cannot trust our body as it has let us down. Don't want to worry family and friends as they want me to be well and 'normal' - this site is so good to know that we all have the same fears however there are many positive, fabulous stories too. x

I had a thickening on my small bowel once, seen on CT when I went to ER for an obstruction. My gyn/onc was concerned since there was ascites as well but a new scan showed nothing. I think you're pretty safe to wait and see. But do report any new and persistent symptoms. Hopefully there won't be any. I would like to say don't worry but of course we worry. Comes with the diagnosis.

Hey, lets' all go to the store and demand our money back. KTeal that was cute. I am either emptying my bladder or experiencing diahrea which I seem to have about every 14 days or so. Just cannot win with this horrid disease. I tell my doctor everything when I go in regardless if i think it is relevant or not because who knows what could be something. I always figure it this way if it is enough to make me feel or worry something could be wrong call the doctor.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders