Respect the Hives

Some of you may remember a few weeks ago I was stressing about a lot of things and started breaking out in hives. I mentioned that that past 3 times I had hives my cancer was back. Well, I was right. Last week my face blew up like a blowfish and I ran to my PCP because my BP is high from Avastin and didn't want to take any OTC stuff checking first. So my PCP gave me a shot for the hives and a pack of steriods. When I went to my Oncologist 4 days later I told him about the hives, to which he just nodded his head. The next day, my CA-125 came back 20 pts higher. He said "Well, I have to respect your hives. Your body has a unique way of telling you what's going on and I'll never doubt you again" So next week taking a new scan to see what's going on. Currently I'm on Avastin every 3 weeks and just finished chemo October 1st. Personally I don't think this is good. I think its the beginning of the end but I'll be positive until the daisy's start pushing up from the ground. God Bless all of you and I'll keep you posted. I'm sure I'll get though this - I have a lot more to do on earth yet

4 replies. Join the discussion

You do have lots to do on this earth and God will let us know when He needs us. We need you here to inspire us. May you find peace and comfort.

You said it in your original post that you could read your body and the hives!

Marty

There was a post here a few months ago about hives and ovca. I broke out in a rash on my tummy the week I was dx. Several other women on this site had the same experience. I don't know if there is a technical difference between hives and a rash.

I broke out in hives while on carbo. We were worried it was an allergic reaction to the chemo. When I think about it the carbo had stopped working and my ca 125 almost doubled! We definitely have to listen and be in tune to what our bodies are telling us! I have changed chemo drugs and started Taxol on Thursday. Hoping it will be more successful in keeping the numbers down!!🌻

Will be thinking of you and praying for you. Don't give up. Just when I think I am going down hill, they do something different and
I get better. It is easy to get tired of fighting but please hang in there for good news.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders