Pulsating back pain?

I have had a pulsating back pain in my mid back area. It has been there for about 3 weeks. I have been seeing the chiropractor and getting massages. It has not gotten better yet. It is just weird that it feels like it is pulsating. Has anyone else experienced this? The massage therapist says it is a muscle.

Lisa

6 replies. Join the discussion

It sounds almost like a muscle in spasm. After 3 weeks with no relief from massages, I think I would go see an MD. Seems to me it should be better by now.

Thanks, I am praying it is just a muscle spasm. I am going to see a different chiropractor tomorrow. If no better this weekend I will see my MD.

Lisa

That does sound like a muscle spasm.

Are you currently receiving chemotherapy? I am on Cisplatin and Taxol. For the first two weeks after treatment, I have pulsating pain in my sternum and lower back; this happens mostly when I bend over or change positions. I have a herniated disc in my lower back and have pain from that but it is not a throbbing sensation. This is definitely throbbing, like someone is hammering my chest and lower back, and it takes my breath away. It eases up after two weeks. My oncologist has prescribed hydrocodone which I take sparingly. It helps.

I hope you are able to find a cause and receive some relief.

Connie LaMonte

PS: A muscle relaxant could help, too.

Connie

Are you on Neulasta? When I was taking that shot I had terrible pulsating pains in my lower back. When I switched to Neupogen the pain stopped.

Hopefully you will get relief soon.
Dee

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders