ONT-10

I start the clinical trial for ONT-10 on Monday. I'm so excited! I was diagnosed May 23, 2012. Late stage -- I had 3 rounds of Carbo & weekly Taxol, then surgery, followed by 3 more rounds Carbo & weekly Taxol, then two single treatments of Carbo/Taxol. I still have two small spots on my lungs, a nodule next to my liver, and a questionable lymph node, but all of this is stable. On Monday, I go for the screening, Tuesday I'll get a single dose of cyclophosphamide, and next Friday I get the first dose of the vaccine.

Has anyone been on this trial? Any experience with Cyclophosphamide?

9 replies. Join the discussion

I am in another vaccine trial, GOG 255, just wanted to wish you luck!

I took cyclophosphamide as one of three drugs when I had high dose chemo in 2003. Other than killing all my bone marrow, which was the intent of course, the only major side effect was nausea. I had a five year remission after the high dose chemo and stem cell transplant. I have low grade chemo which is very resistant to chemo, in my case. I have a friend who was treated with the drug over 30 years ago and she is still NED.
I looked for your trial and found one in Dallas for solid tumors that mentions only ONT-10 and not the cyclophosphamide. It's NCT01556789, Phase 1 study of ONT-10 in Patients With Solid Tumors. Is this your trial? It's the only one that came up in a search for ONT-10. I must be missing something because I doubt they would be giving you an additional chemo not listed in the protocol.
I am looking for a treatment now and am interested in the vaccine trials.
Thanks for any info and good luck with your trial!
Janet

TealJanet,
Yes, that's the trial I'm starting. The cyclophosphamide is only given one time, three days before the start of the vaccine, so maybe that's why it's not listed?

Love those ladies on the clinical trials! I'm also looking for something in case my stable disease decides to get moving again. I have high grade serous papillary and all the tumors are tiny so no solid tumors for me. My Dr also said no phase 1 trials for me also.

Prayers for a good response,

Marty

Have the announce results for this trial yet?

I contacted the trial coordinator on May 8 and she told me there was a long waiting list but she would put my name on the list.
I hope it proves effective. Keep us posted.

Congrats on getting in the trial. Please keep us posted. Always love hearing of new drugs and treatments from the people on them:).

I got the 4th dose of the ONT-10 yesterday. There has been no change in my CA-125 (14.9 to 16.8), but they say it's too early to expect that. I have a CT scan on Friday, May 31. I haven't had any severe side effects from the ONT-10. A little more tired than normal, but it hasn't stopped me from doing anything I really want to do. The only thing I seem to be too tired to do is clean house!

@Mourton -- when I first signed up, they told me there was a six month waiting list, but I got in after only 2 months when they were able to open several more spots. So hang in there and please let me know when you get in!

Praying it's working!!!

Update - The CT scan didn't show any "significant" changes. There were some areas that appeared smaller or less conspicuous, and a couple of spots that appeared new or more conspicuous, but overall, nothing drastic. The good news is that I will continue on the vaccine every six weeks for the next year. My CA-125 will be tested every six weeks and I will have a CT-scan every 3 months.

PS: Ned told me there was someone new on the trial who has been reading my comments on here. Please identify yourself and share how the trial goes for you!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders