Mistletoe (iscador) Ohio where to find

Does anyone know where to get iscador In Ohio? My internist will not write a script for it and I have contacted a naturopath and she is trying to help, but no success so far.
Thanks

12 replies. Join the discussion

I don't know where in Ohio but I do in Lousiville Ky. I went personally to see him one time. After that the miseltoe shots were mailed to me. His name is Dr Johnson at The Evergreen Center. Phone number is: (812) 282-4309. He also has a website. Hope this helps:).

I found this when I did a Google search on it. It lists the Dr's that prescribe it. http://www.cancure.org/iscador_mistletoe.htm

My IM doc agreed to write a prescription for me. I called Weleda, FAXed the prescription to them, paid by credit card and was told it would take 3-4 weeks.

Sephina,

Mistletoe is actually a cornerstone of the practice of anthroposophical doctors - much more than naturopaths. There is one listed in Ohio:

http://www.steinerhealth.org/contact/anthroposophical-doctors/

Does anyone know of one in Mississippi????

Alleyt - you can look for it online yourself. Click on the link I put in for anthroposophical doctors or the link for naturopaths above.

Does this interfere with chemo? Specifically avastin and cytoxin?

Can I get these shots without going to see one of these doctor's?!

It does not interfere with chemo. I am doing both. It's commonly used with chemo in Europe.

You must work with a practitioner.

I strongly suggest you do a search here about Iscador and alternative therapy. There was a terrific thread about 6-7 months ago on it. Also, many others. You'll be able to learn all about it without people having to write it all again. Look especially for what Tethys41 and xericjean have to say; they've had amazing results with Iscador (and a specific diet and supplements).

I think with good diet and with good supplements and keeping busy YOU can beat this...... I've done it before! without Mistletoe almost 3yrs ago!
I was on 14 rounds of chemo and I asked my ONC could I have a 2 month break ....and that 2 month break led me into almost a 3yr break ;))))))))))))) with active cancer in my body and my CA125 dropped and I did it with alllll good supplements and good diet and walking!!!! SoOoOoOooOo with that said! I truly BELIEVE YOU can do it without putting a needle are chemo into ur bodies!
Just saying very humble ;))))

God's Blessings to YOU all ;)))
~alley~
P.S. I cut OUT alllllll sugar's and I ate pretty well ;)) Did alot of frozen blueberry smoothie's every morning which Im doing them again! and last month I wasnt so strict like I am on myself this month cause my CA125 last month showed Im creeping up and Im a 37 right now.... So I clamped down and we'll see what the CA125 will be this month..... I do BELEVE it will be lower cause of what allll Im doing in these last 4 weeks !!! Try this yawl 1st before you stick something into ur bodies! Just sayin!

P.S. I have sum awesome news for YOU all too!!!!! Some of YOU may have seen this on World Wide News..... But...... On the Medical Watch News last night they showed that pills Metformin that Diabetic's take are in clinical trials and working for Ovarian Cancer patients!!!!! YAY we are getting break throughs on killing this cancer cells..... What it does is shrink and disolves the little tumors in our bodies ;)))))))))) Its working for Ovarian cancer's :)))))))))))) Im so excited cause when I see my ONC on the 9th of this month to do a recheck on my CA125 Im gonna ask to be put on it!!!! And it was said also that they think it will be used for not only OVC patients butttt for allllllllll cancer's!!!!!!!!!! So ladies ask your ONC's for this medication cause it's working for US!!!!!! I am soooo EXCITED about this news and sharing it with all of YOU! I stay on top of all this and I try to keep what I learn here to share with all of YOU cause I believe we are here to help each other through our jouries and this is more of a natural way to become survivor's!!!! If yawl wanna look it up..... Where I live is Mississippi..... You can go under..... News Channel 12 and click on the Medical Watch from December 3rd 2012 and you'll see the whole talk about it! It's from the Mayo Clinic so I know it's a good source of knowledge and again IM SO EXCITED to report this to YOU ladies! I copied the whole thing to take to show my ONC on the 9th when I go to check my CA125 again and to see him!!!!!! Im gonna ask him to PLEASE put me on these pills!
Good Luck ladies and I pray ur ONC puts YOU on this!
God's Blessings TO YOU all ;)))))
~alley~

Quite a few women on the site have tried/are on Metformin. I was on it in Sep, but had some problems. Changed from generic to Glumetza (better tolerated) but had to stop again. I was getting ready to leave on a trip to Africa and didn't want to have to worry while "in the bush". I do intend to try again at a future time but will be starting Iscador and don't want to try two new things at once. The statistics I have read (and given to my IM doc) are very impressive for Metformin and he was excited for me to try it. Even my VERY conservative gyn/onc gave me his blessings regarding trying it.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders