Losing one ovary and resulted to ovarian cancer (Stage 1-A) cannot be pregn

I am a young survivor of Ovarian Cancer. i lost one ovary , and I want to know if theres still a possibility that in the future or someday I can get pregnant?

14 replies. Join the discussion

Oh yes, women with one ovary do get pregnant!

Absolutely! I know a woman who was dx'd at 10 with ovca. They only left her with 1/3 of ONE ovary. In her 30's she had 2 kids without any medical help at all!

thank you so much for the answer and for inspiring me that soon I can experience having a babay or in the future

YES!!! I have half of one ovary left and it's tube. We are currently trying :) This is our first month. It may take you a little longer, not necessarily because of the lack of the other ovary, but because of the trauma your body sustained due to the cancer, but it can happen! My doctor said you have the same exact chances--I do, and with only 70% of one ovary! Keep the faith and good luck! :)

YES!!! I had oca 1c. I had one ovary and tube removed and six rounds of carbo/plat. I became pregnant very soon after chemo. Sadly, I has a miscarriage- but I am so happy that my body was able to do it! xoxo

Thank you for giving me an inspiration to never lose hope......

I'm going to tell you like this.... I was diagnosed 33yrs ago at age 7 with ovarian cancer also stage1a dysgerminoma. To date I have been pregnant four (4) times and I have 4 healthy beautiful children today ages 19, 17, 15, & 8.
My mother was told more than likely I Wouldn't be able to... But I can confirm they lied on that one..lol
Don't stress when the man above knows its time you will be blessed as well.

In 1997, at the age of 30, I was diagnosed with Stage 1C Ovarian Cancer. I had one ovary and fallopian tube removed, and received 3 rounds of carboplatin / taxol. Three years after my treatment, I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Another year and a half later, my second son was born. I had no problems conceiving. It is nice to read the earlier posts and see that there have been others like me.

My step daughter had a baby with one ovary.

I had 1A and only have part of an ovary. Nothing was happening after lots of trying. The Dr thinks my tube is blocked from scar tissue because it was bent because of the weight of my cyst. So don't wait too long. I can't have kids unless I do IVF and it is $$$. Good luck!

Hey!! This is my first ever post/response. I am new to the community and thought this was a great place to start. My answer is YES!!! At age 18 I was diagnosed with stage 1C, lost my right ovary/tube and had 6 weeks chemo. Now 15 years later I gave birth to my first child. I conceived my 5th cycle of trying at age 31. Good luck

My daughter's pediatric endocrinologist told us that having one ovary might just take her a little longer to get pregnant and she would want to try when younger.

Hi Danzkie,
Rest assured that your chances of becoming pregnant with one ovary are just as good as if you had both ovaries remaining. I was diagnosed with Stage 1A this past January, and my right ovary removed. One month after my surgery, in February of this past year, I became pregnant (My husband and I were actively trying, given my circumstances and desire for children - I am 26 years old by the way). I am now 9 weeks along, and feeling great!
Stay positive!! :)

I had my baby girl just shy of 2 years after surgery to remove my right ovary. It did take as awhile but we did not need any interventions other than a hysterosalpingogram - which isn't a treatment per se, but did result in pregnancy that month!

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders