Life changes

Cancer, OH! GOD Bless everyone . Life totally change when dear one is suffering from cancer. My mom is suffering from ovarian cancer stage 3b. Doctor says that she won't leave not more than 2 years. Why god u r doing this with us. I love my mom a lot, she is just 54 and i don't want loose her at this age.

Please just pray for my mom, and i hope god will listen all these prayers and he give us a way to fight this dead full disease. Please just pray and hope we all get a way fight with disease.

26 replies. Join the discussion

You and your mom will be in my prayers. I have depends on God
As I travel down this road. They told me I might just have months to
Live. It scared me to death. I have lived for 3 years with this disease
I know God has a plan. I have to trust Him.

NO doctor can tell you that she will only live 2 years!!!! How does he know???
I have IIIc which is a step more than IIIb and I'm going on 2 yr and 4 months.....
There are soooo many chemos they can try and more coming up....and trials,
surgery, etc. Is that doc a gyn/onc? Because that's who she should be
going to....
Don't believe the statistics and don't believe a doctor who would tell you
something like that! Is he God? NO. Only God knows how long she will live
and WHEN to bring her home. So take Heart and tuck Hope in there also.
Blessings
Hearts

Thanks for your precious suggestion which u have given. It really encourage me to help my mom to live a happy and long life. Can u please tell me what chemeo u r talking and i read diet matter the most to fight with the cancer. So please if u r taking any special diet please let me know. I pray to god to help all of us in this difficult time.

First, you need to find another doctor. I was stage 3b, too and this month I am 2 years in remission. Hope for more, but if not I am ready to fight for more. I am 48 with a 16 year old daughter. Not ready to meet the creator, yet. Good luck to your Mom.

I'm the same age as your mom and have 3C and been dealing with this a year and a half. Don't give up on your faith or your mom. Were all alot stronger than you think. Find a good Gyn/Oncology Dr. that makes a big differents. They will give her a game plan to go by and yes sometimes the plan changes. Take one day at a time and just be their for her. have you in my thoughts and prayers.

I have to agree with Hearts....no doc can tell you that and if they do...run. I was diagnosed with OV stage 4 Dec 2010. with no one giving me hope. Then I had an OV ONC. who walked into my room and asked if I was going to fight? I said yes! I am here over 2 yrs later.....so my LIVING PROOF advice...is stay positive and have a positive team!! Namaste.

By the way, I was 57 when diagnosed. I'll be 60 in 2 months!!! Stay strong!!!

I was 47 when I was diagnosed with Stage IIIC, and I will turn 51 in a few weeks.
My days are numbered by God Almighty-not by the team on oncologists that treat this disease I battle against...

I am 58 coming up on 5 years stage 3c clear cell. Exercise is important. Not always easy with surgery and chemo but encourage her to move.

I want to echo what dwm26 said about exercise -- exercise boosts the body's immune system. And what Hearts said, NObody but God knows how long we're going to live. Any doc who would ignorantly declare that kind of timeline to a patient needs to be dumped. Immediately. And find a good onc/gyn.
BonIM, I love your doc. What a wonderful attitude! My doc somehow imparts that hope to me in other ways. The other day I asked him if I could consider doing joint replacements (I have severe osteoarthritis and both hips and knees are shot), and he looked surprised and pleased, and said, yes, there's no reason from his standpoint why I shouldn't get them. It was his expression that I found so encouraging. I love that man. :)
Prayers and blessings for you and your mom. Namaste.

As everyone has said, no one knows the future. I am a 25 year survivor of stage IIIc ovarian cancer. I was 41 when I was diagnosed and I am now 67. My husband was told I had one chance in six of living 2 years. An associate of my gynecologic oncologist told my husband to be prepared to raise our children alone. Our boys were 9 and 14 when I was diagnosed. They are now 35 and 40 years old.

You need to give hope and encouragement to your Mom. Just take it a day at a time.
Wishing your Mom and you the best.
Helen

I am just now at two years been cancer free 20 months responded well to initial treatment of 18 weeks straight pacitaxol and carboplatium. Lots made it past two years. Look at Helenstands forhope. IIIC primary peritoneal cancer and had to have 33 ft of my intestines scrapped as well at debulking.

Hugs

SueB

I'm also stage 3, and my doctors have NEVER mentioned not making it. I'm 2 years from diagnosis and doing great. As others have said, nobody can tell you that. I'd try to find another doctor, one who believes in living! God bless you and your mother.

I'm so very sorry that you're going through this. I also agree with the other ladies that no doctor can determine if or when. I came back to this site after having cancer myself because a friend of mine is in stage 4 and struggling with recurrences. I went to the clinical trial section of this site and found excellent information about 2 step immunotherapy trial that is still recruiting according to their last update and nationwide vaccine trials that use antibodies against your cancer. From the 2 threads I read with women giving details about their experiences with the trials, the side effects are far less than routine chemotherapies and the efficacy seems better. There are devices invented to cut off blood to tumors and only treat the tumor with chemo. There's alot to read in there. Ask your doctor about the vaccine trials on-going around the country. Things are slow to move if it's new technology so many doctors are reluctant to consider them.

Diagnosed 3c in Sept 2009. Currently in treatment for my first recurrence .

Dear Helen. Nice to hear about you survivor for 25 years and yet many to come. Will you please tell me how advance your disease was when diagnosed? I mean you are saying its 3c but how many and which organs are affected? How doctors planned your treatment (surgery, radiotherapy or chemotherapy).
My mom is diagnosed with the same 3c ovarian cancer and she is 54 years old. Please I need your help to start her medication.

Best Regards
Salman

Thanks all from the bottom of my heart. All the advice are very precious to me and all the advise helps to to motivate my mom to fight with disease and never give up. I have searched a lot about this disease but till know i found very little about this treatment by which a patient can live little longer.

My mom is in India and presently she has completed her 2 chemeo and will go for her 3 rd chemo on 11 feb. On her first therapy she was very week and there were lots side effects but know she is talking naturo pathy which really helps her in second thereapy.

Please share all your alternative treatment which u guys are taking about u r diet about your hard times what u do. I believe it will help all the guys who are on this site. I have searched about certain things which are very helpful in fighting cancer like green tea, ginger, garlic, soya milk, soya bean and green leaf vegetables. Please share about u r diet and alternative thereapy

Dear HELEN,

As u told about your 25 year survivor, i am glad to hear that and hope a lot of good days are about to come. Please tell about your treatment, and what was your stage when u were diagnosed. Please share your treatment and any alternative therapies which u were taking at that time. This information will helpful for all of us.

Salman & R9KARA
This is what the discharge paper said when I left the hospital after my first surgery on May, 26, 1987. Patient underwent total abdominal hysterectomy, bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, total omentectomy, and pelvic and peri-aortic lymph node biopies; peritoneal biopsies, and 95% tumor debulking. All tumor remaining was less than 1 cm.'s. Her diaphragm was noted to be studded with multiple miliary implants, as were her right and left lobes of the liver serosa. Kidneys were also studded with tumor, as was the spleen tip/ the urinary bladder peritoneum; the pelvic sidewall; the omentum; the large and small bowel mesentery.

In 1987 there was no Taxol or Carboplatin or Avastin. Many of the drugs that are used today had not been developed 25 years ago. My first line treatment was IV Cisplatin, Cytoxan and Adriamycin given over night in the hospital with 14 hours of IV fluids. Eight treatments were given, once every 3 weeks.

When this was completed, it was standard procedure to have a second exploritory surgery. My gyn/onc took many biopsies. Even though he could not see any disease, he put in an IP (interperitoneal port). A few days later I found out some of the biopsies were positive. I still had microscopic disease. I then received 5 high dose treatments of IP (chemo directly into the abdominal cavity) Cisplatin, once every 3 weeks, again staying over night in the hospital for each treatment. This ended in May, 1988. I then went on an oral chemotherapy, Hexalen to try and prevent a recurrence. This ended in December, 1988.

In March of 1993 I had a recurrence. I received 12 treatments of IV Carboplatin, once every 4 weeks ending in March, 1994.

My Dad and two of his brothers were doctors. I believed in medicine and I did no complimentary or alternative things. I just did what my doctor said to do and tried to keep a positive attitude, leading as normal a life as possible.

I have the BRCA2 genetic mutation (that was discovered in 1995). They say those with this mutation respond well to the platinum drugs and I did. The disease was not in my lymph nodes. It is difficult to say why some people respond well. I do have friends who are long time survivors of advanced disease and they never recurred.

Helen

I will pray for you, your Mom and your family. Try not to believe the worst. There is always hope and there are always people who do better than predicted. In your mind, see her healing & getting past this. See the two of you looking back and thinking how grateful you are for her healing. Get a doctor that believes in possibility. Love and best wishes,

Kathy

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders