Grape seed extract

I recently read some information on grape seed extract and cancer. Does anyone out there have any info on it or has used it with success?

8 replies. Join the discussion

I have not used it, but from what I have read, it is a potent antioxidant. It is recommended in some alternative medicine protocols for cancer. It seems to also be protective for kidney and liver damage. Sounds good to me, but certainly do your own due diligence.

Thanks Jennali. I like to hear from others to see if they have heard or read anything to add to what I have found to help me make decisions on what I should try.

I have done some reading about the importance of taking supplements from reputable companies with high quality control. Cancer Treatment Centers of America has a link to a line of supplements which they administer to their patients and I would trust this company's products. Here is the link:
http://www.cncahealth.com/shop-now.htm
You can sign up for their newsletter and they will send you a newsletter and you can get discounts, etc. I think I am going to start using their products as I would trust they wouldn't do business with them unless they trusted their products. If anyone else knows of some other good brands in the way of supplements, please share it.

I have great faith in Michael Broffman at the Pine Street Clinic in San Anselmo, CA. Most of the supplements I'm on through the clinic are from LifeExtension. Part of my regimen is resveratrol (grape seed extract).

I also have felt safe with Nature's Sunshine Products.

Hope things are going well for you, momanderson and everyone else!

Martha

My Aunt sent me something recently on grapes
let me find the link...
says ...
quote " Grape extract kills cancer cells
Grapes contain potentially beneficial chemicals
An extract from grape seeds can destroy cancer cells, US research suggests. "

see this web page BBC NEWS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7803619.stm

Thanks for all the info.

Nature Sunshine is excellent and also Shaklee, but a little more expensive. I just rrcently looked into something for the immune system and a friend of mine told me immunocal did wonders for her in every way. She gave me the web site-www.immunocal.com and said it costs about $63 per month. You mix 1 packet a dat in water or whatever. I plan on startin this next month and will let you know how ot goes. I was a Shaklee distributor a few years ago and their products are unbelievable. They have the only products that are FDA approved. But my concern was that because I drank the soy everyday, I got scared after being diagnosed that it may have contributed to it. At that point I stopped everything. There is also an alternative treatment , I forgot the name, but it is a cream that you put on and it supposedly draws out the cancer. I am a little skeptical on this one, but another friend of mine swears by this and uses it frequently. She said her dr is amazed that when tumors are discovered she goes back in and they are gone. I don't know. If something were that good, wouldn't we all know about it?

I would definitely trust the Life Extension supplements. If you join, ( I think it's $75) you get a member's discount and a subscription to their monthly magazine. You also get this amazing humongous book (would retail for about $50) called Disease Prevention and Treatment. It has a lot of info about cancer, chemo, supplements to take and why. Also great reference book for many other conditions. I think it is well worth it. As a member, you can also get a free over the phone health consultation. I called and told my health concerns. They took my info and questions and had a naturopathic physician call me back. He recommended some particular supplements to prevent anemia (frozen wheat grass...yuk...I'll pass unless my blood counts drop) and to shore up my immune system.

www.lef.org

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders