Go for Lemons....

Hello Ladies,
I ran across this information and must share it.. This is so simple if true and most of us on Chemo say we put lemon in our water anyway to make it taste better! It doesn't specifically say Ovarian Cancer but something I am going to research more... Moral of the story... USE LEMONS! Can't hurt...
Prayers to all....

Institute of Health Sciences, 819 N. L.L.C. Charles Street Baltimore , MD 1201.
This is the latest in medicine, effective for cancer!
Read carefully & you be the judge.
Lemon (Citrus) is a miraculous product to kill cancer cells. It is 10,000 times stronger than chemotherapy.
Why do we not know about that? Because there are laboratories interested in making a synthetic version that will bring them huge profits. You can now help a friend in need by letting him/her know that lemon juice is beneficial in preventing the disease. Its taste is pleasant and it does not produce the horrific effects of chemotherapy. How many people will die while this closely guarded secret is kept, so as not to jeopardize the beneficial multimillionaires large corporations? As you know, the lemon tree is known for its varieties of lemons and limes. You can eat the fruit in different ways: you can eat the pulp, juice press, prepare drinks, sorbets, pastries, etc... It is credited with many virtues, but the most interesting is the effect it produces on cysts and tumors. This plant is a proven remedy against cancers of all types. Some say it is very useful in all variants of cancer. It is considered also as an anti microbial spectrum against bacterial infections and fungi, effective against internal parasites and worms, it regulates blood pressure which is too high and an antidepressant, combats stress and nervous disorders.
> >>>>> The source of this information is fascinating: it comes from one of the largest drug manufacturers in the world, says that after more than 20 laboratory tests since 1970, the extracts revealed that: It destroys the malignant cells in 12 cancers, including colon, breast, prostate, lung and pancreas ... The compounds of this tree showed 10,000 times better than the product Adriamycin, a drug normally used chemotherapeutic in the world, slowing the growth of cancer cells. And what is even more astonishing: this type of therapy with lemon extract only destroys malignant cancer cells and it does not affect healthy cells.
Institute of Health Sciences, 819 N. L.L.C. Cause Street, Baltimore, MD1201

9 replies. Join the discussion

In a Womans World magazine, there was a article about lemon zest. According to some college (i can not remember) 1 tblsp of lemon zest was suppose to cut the chance of ovca by i think it was 40% of it forming or coming back. They also said that about all natural applesause. I don't know if i believe it but its two things i can handle eating. So anythings worth a try!

I tend to be VERY LEERY of this kind of conspiracy theories, that is, lemon is more powerful and effective than chemo drugs but its efficacy is kept secret because of the profit motive of the pharma industry.

Please understand that the profit motive of the pharma companies is NOT the only driver for research activities. There are countless academic researchers who would kill their grandmother for a chance to publish a seminal research paper that brings about a fundamental change of management of one of the number one killers (cancer) in the general population. This feat is like winning triple gold medals in the Olympic. Any one who eradicates cancer will get a Nobel award. Odds that a breakthrough opportunity like of this ilk had no ambitious research scientists conducting trials is practically nil. I understand the collective psychology of competitive research community since I was part of that in my past. Trust me on this. Even if there is no profit motive, the "publish or perish" modus operandi in the academic search community won't leave this kind of breakthrough uninvestigated.

I take one whole lemon everyday, and lemons seem to be indeed on of the food items we should all include in our diet. however, I am concerned about this kind of sensational, and unvetted statement bandied around so casually - as in "lemon is 1000 time more effective than chemo" because of the possibility that some women may take it seriously enough to forgo proven treatment options in favor of an easy way out - only to pay for it with their health and maybe even life. Furthermore, statements like this feed into this whole industry of peddling unproven alternative treatment in lieu of proven life saving treatment options - the quacks like Susan Sommers.

I am ALL in favor of alternative medicine and holistic medicine as a supplement and complimentary measure to the proven treatment options.

There's no harm in hope!! Remember.... chemo is not an option for many. I have citrus in my daily juice as there's research showing it's benefits. I'd question though where the statistics in the report are coming from. Is this research or anecdotal? An interesting discussion issue though.... thanks for the post
Chris

I put a whole lemon in my morning green drink, peel and all (in the blender), and also the juice of 1-2 lemons in drinking water...

As people from tropic countries, we drink Graviola leaves & white curcuma everyday to avoid relapse, shrink the tumor & kill cancer cells. Most of us drink it along with chemo & the effectiveness is great ! I've been drinking those since surgery 2 months ago when my onc said I had residual tumor about 1 cm and my CA was 59. must do chemo ass soon as possible! Cause of some issue, I haven't do chemo yet & now my onc get surprised see my CT scan, residual tumor disappears & my CA drop to 6 within 2 months! Still I'll have chemo next week as medical way. Must be combined. Also I drink pure lemon+natural honey & carrot tomato & healthy life style. Get rid the anger, hate, bitter heart. stop complaining, have the forgiveness, no stress, smile, pray & give thanks. All of them help for a cure together with medical protocol.

I have a key lime tree in my yard and have used the juice daily for the last 20 years. I use it on veggies, in drinks, instead of vinegar in salad dressing, etc, etc. Four years ago my cancer journey started. I'm sure it's healthy, but I don't think it helps cure or prevent cancer.....possibly in a lab, because it actually touches the CA.

I have always liked lemon in my drinks and food. Not sure I ever believe the cancer cure readings though, but if you like it, eat and drink it. If it can't harm you, GO FOR IT!

According to my book "the Cancer Fighting Kitchen" it says "Anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial The high vitamin C content in citrus fruits helps the immune system stay strong. Additionally, citrus provides the with several anti-inflammatory and anticancer compounds, including limonene (in the zest) which promotes cell death in cancer cells. Liminoids are helpful if you're dealing with cancers on the skin, lung, breast, colon, stomach or mouth" Bottom line - can't help - may help - don't not have chemo without a whole lot more research . . .

I looked it up on snopes, and it says it is a mixture of truth and fiction, however, it notes that no drug manufacturer has ever made this claim. It is an interesting read on the subject, but the last paragraph says it all. I love lemons, and like to put it in my water, like others say, it certainly can't hurt, and it is very beneficial.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/lemons.asp

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders