Does anyone know of some catchy 5k/walk names

Hi girls,

I am hosting a 5k/walk ovarian cancer walk this October,9, here on Cape Cod. I am trying to come up with some really neat name for the event...maybe a play on words etc. ie: silent walkers, etc... I want something really catchy. Something really kinda cool. Cape Cod does not necessarily have to be in the name.... ANY ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED....Love to all!!

24 replies. Join the discussion

I personally like "5K Walk TEAL we find a cure" ..... It's not mine, but I've seen that phrase here on the site, can't remember where, but find it very catchy.
Michaela (manuelaingermany's sister)

Wow, that is very good~ thanks so much....any other ones feel free to comment....I am going to start the list at your suggestion. Jill

Cat walk (Cancer Awareness Tread or Track)

Very clever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the idea of teal being in there somewhere. Maybe someday it will be as common as pink everything.

I would try for teal for any object associated with the walk...T-shirts, water bottles, shoes, etc.

Hmmm..."Teal and toe [instead of heal and toe] walk for ovarian cancer" ?

"Ovarian cancer...Don't let it sneak up on you" as a phrase somewhere with walking shoes...sneakers?

Hi! Please don't take offense, but the "Silent Walkers" implies we are going to be quiet about this, and we need to make as much noise as possible about Ovarian Cancer Awareness, etc. I do love the "Teal We Find a Cure", that's catchy! Best wishes for success!

Gosh no, no offense taken...you are right, that just was a crazy thought.. So far we have: TEAL we find a cure, Cat Walk, Teal and Toe, Ovarit!, Break the Ovarwhelming silence, Whisper NO more!, I'm still thinking................

So Cute!

I agree about the silent walkers, but think the Teal to Toe is really catchy to use in the name! I will keep brainstorming...

Hi all,

I haven't been on in a while but am so glad that "Teal we find a cure" has taken off. When I first came up with it it was to promote the color for OVC and to ask that people wear Teal on Tuesday...."Teal we find a cure." I think it would be awesome to keep a slogan going so that it is easily recognized and come September (OVC awareness month) there is a sea of teal all over the world.

Best luck with your 5K. Continue to post details would consider coming up!

Oh I'll be posting for sure!!!! Wish you could attend...I will have the date tomorrow....Thanks a bunch-jill

Hey Jill,
How about " Autumn Ovarian Cancer Awareness Walk" , "Bring on the Change for a Cure."

Please let me know when the walk is. I live in VA but would love to come for it. I grew up in MA and always loved visiting Cape Cod. You are very inspiring! Can't wait to see what name you decide on :)

Hey don'tgiveuphope,
I also live in VA and am considering going up as well. I have never visited that area and would love the opportunity to support Jill's efforts. Maybe we could coordinate meeting/following up.

YaYa

Have no idea for a better name but like to know the date. I hope I will be in remission by then and would love to come from Germany possibly with my sister from Delaware. The more the better!

Wow, my husband is from France, the Provence area. Where is Germany are you from?

The date will be set today and I will post it on the website. You would come all the way from Germany? This is amazing..!!!! Jilly

Hi Jill,
I am from Frankfurt, and since I am working for a german airline that is flying to Boston it will be no problem for me (as long as I am in remission and feeling well by then). My doctors say I will probably not be able to go back to work, but get early retirement, which would still get me the benefits of travel with my airline, and lots of free time to do so.

Gosh this would be so wonderful for you to come to Cape Cod. Acutally my friend and I just today mapped out the course...it is sooo Cape Cod..just gorgeous. Septmember on Cape Cod is fabulous! Hope you can come...And most of all I hope you continue to be well.

Love,
Jilly

"Tealin' around Town"

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders