CANCER TREATMENT CENTER OF AMERICA IN ZION, ILLINOIS

HAS ANYONE GONE TO THE PLACE ABOVE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. WERE ANY OF YOU SO TERMINAL AND THEY SAVED YOU??I'M VERY DESPERATE.

9 replies. Join the discussion

Hi:

I researched Cancer Treatment Centers of America before I chose Dana Farber. Their commercials look great ,don't they? I found out that they cannot do clinical trials due to warning letters from the FDA regarding patient safety and failure to follow protocols of the drugs. They were given many warning letters by the FDA. I used to work for a biotech so I understand the meaning in those letters. That is why they aren't allowed to do clinical trials anymore.

All the "complimentary" treatments you will end up paying for in the end. They build it into their costs.

If I were you, you might want to consider flying to one of the top 5 cancer treatment centers, like Dana Farber in Boston, MD Anderson in Houston, or Cleveland Clinic or John Hopkins. Contact www.corpangelsnetwork.org to find out if you can get a seat for free. The American Cancer Society can arrange for free transportation from the plane to the treatment center.

I don't know where in the country you are but there is help out there. Don't get desperate. There are many women with late stage ovarian cancer surviving.

The Cancer Center Treatment in Zion is not far from Chicago. If I was going to fly that far to Chicago I would go to University of Chicago Medical Center or Northwestern because these are top of the line cancer centers. I would not go that far for the Zion cancer hospital. Just my opinion.

What is going on Hilda? What is happening right now that makes you want to change treatment facilities? If you can fill us in on some specifics, we might be able to offer suggestions to help.

looks like you live in NC... I would go to Duke, no questions asked. We had many oncologists suggest Duke for OC, right up there with MD Anderson...

I changed my care to the Zion Cancer Treatment Center and could not be happier with the facility, my medical team and the cancer treatment I am getting there. Talk to them. They will answer any questions you may have. While it was mentioned earlier that additional costs are built into your treatment, you will find that to be true for many places. That being said, my insurance has covered everything and I am only paying my copays. THey go above and beyond in making things easy and comfortable for you, from setting up travel arrangements, hotels, transportation to and from your hotel. I am very impressed with the team approach. I have a group of professionals involved in my care, from my onc, nutritionist, naturopath and yes they do offer many complimentary services because it is important to treat cancer not only with treatment but by including mind/body approaches that help you deal with stress, family issues etc. You are assigned a caregiver that is your go to person and keeps your team informed of any questions and concerns you have along the way. I would not count them out..at least give them a call and talk with them

ps
also check out this site for top rated hospitals.

http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings/cancer

We all have different needs. I am pleased with ctca and it is 10 minutes from my house. I feel the care is better for me than where I was before. University hospitals are highly rated so perhaps this site may help you

I never went to Cancer Treatment Centers. They wouldn't accept my insurance. My brother goes to M. D. Anderson in Houston, TX. He is very happy with the treatments.

My momma is being treated at UW Madison Cancer Clinic. We could not have asked for a better team of doctors, nurses, and support staff. My momma was diagnosed stage 3c last year. Take some deep breaths and be prepared to battle! You have more inner strength than you know. How do I know this? I know because I have been by my momma's side watching her slay this ugly beast one day at a time. My prayers are with you. Blessed be.

I live in the Chicago area and go to the University of Chicago - they are top notch and use a holistic team approach. I think that CTCA are more glitz than cure but in NC I would go to DUKE they are well known for their ovarian cancer treatments

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders