All Clear!!

Just writing to tell everyone that my mom just got back her Pet Scan resul..ts yesterday....and It came back wonderful!!! I also just finished my last round of chemo yesterday.... so us two ladys are going to spend the day together and enjoy the fantastic news!!! It's been a long year for us and alot of stress, pain, and fatigue!!! But I will say that being on this site has helped me soooo much during the process!! I will still continue to visit daily...and to get my dose of you girls!!! I know I don't write alot on here, but you all have been truely a gift!! I have learned so much from you all that when my stress is high...I know I'm not alone!! Much Love and hugs to all!

11 replies. Join the discussion

So happy for you both, how stressful. Both of you going through all this, I had my last treatment this past wed. Was only carboplatin discontinued my taxotere because of severe pain from neuropathy. Oncologist said can cause permanent damage. Thank God I made it through with taxotere for 5 treatments. I am stage 1C so he just used carboplatin this las time. what a diff already. feel so much better. I go in a month for my scan but my last number was 6.14. The CA125 test. So great news. We are celebrating by going on a cruise March 30th. You and you Mom bask in this great news.

That's wonderful.

Terrific news! Sorry you two have to 'share' this.... but what great company you have!! Enjoy!!

In a way it is comforting to go through it together. You understand each other more than if you were a caregiver/family member. Now you can be NED together and enjoy each day cancer free!! I hope you can find some fun things to do or go on a trip.

God bless,

Marty

Yes its been quite an experience!! She's my hero! And a great leader!! But yes...we both understood each other and went thru all of our fears together! We've always been very close...so this has just been great for us to spend time together and help one another out!! A trip will definately be planned! Thanks girls!

Congratulations!

Great news! So happy for both of you.

This is great news! So happy for both of you.

How wonderful!!! Prayer works. And even more great that you can celebrate
together and know what the other has been through. A person has got to
wonder what "the plan" was there.
Hope yours comes out the same and that the two of you are NED forever!
Hearts

hey there hearts to you!!! Yes...definately ...there has got to be a hidden message somewhere one would think! Is it having more faith in God? Are we to be doing different act with ourselves? Helping others in the same situation? Volunteering at the cancer centers?? uuggghhhh one can only have so many questions.....It will be interesting to see what comes out of this because I do have great faith and whatever direction comes my way now I look at it definately through a different set of eyes!! Life is good...and God is great!

Great news! Our experiences with this disease are surely life changing in every aspect of life.... stay positive as we continue to pray for each other towards NED!

Sue

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders