abdominal pain with carboplatin and taxol for reccurrencei

wondering if anyone has had the same side effect caused by carb and taxol for reccurrence.in 07 was diag with serous pappillary carcinoma stge 1v. high grade . had debulk surg and 6 rounds of carb and taxol. now first reccurrence in 10/10 and being treated with carb and tax again but experiencing abdominal pain as if i had surgery. any one with this side effect? hope not love you all.

2 replies. Join the discussion

Yes, I get the same thing. I think the taxol works on cutting off blood supply and also causes some pain where there was cutting and where there is a tumor. But, it is only my guess.

thanks kayandok,
the ist time i had carb and tax was after initial debulking so i always had ab pain from surgery . this time it is so strange because it feels like an incision but there is no incision. when i asked my dr he wasn't really sure what causes the pain other than that chemo in gen causes pain, but i was surprised he hadn't heard that complaint before . i certainly have scarring and adhesions from 3 previous surgs. so maybe the chemo is aggravating these lesions. thanks for your reply. no one else seems to have experienced this .

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Things you can do

Support OCNA

Help the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance reach its goals and support people like yourself by making a donation today.

Donate to the Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

Discussion topics

Support OCNA

Donate to OCNA

Community leaders