Save 15% on Ostomysecrets with promo code SPRING

Prayer

For all my friends out there please keep all of us Floridans and southerners in your prayers as we are on ISSAC watch. It is scheduled to come to Pensacola where I live and this will be my first since I moved here so I have all my supplies packed and medication ready to go out the door to whereever if we have to evacuate. Keep the prayers and faith going. God Bless everyone you have been a true inspiration as I am learning the ins and outs of this new journey with ILE and cancer.

14 replies. Join the discussion

BANA, we got you covered in our houshold for the storm coming your way. We have relatives in Fort Myers the prayers are going up for them and all of you in Flordia. I Pray for the storm to loose power and vanish away from all of you in Jesus name.
God Bless you Bana and all that you hold dear to your heart.
Dolly

Thanks Dolly, already have my escape plan worked out, thanks to my awesome workers past and present who are ready to help

BANA, My sister in laws are ready also with their back up plan. You hang in there and let us know how you all are doing after this storm passes.
Our prayers are powerfull for protection Amen!
Bless you
dolly

Bama, you sure have my prayers. I know several couples who live in Florida. Some are in the path of Isaac and some are not. I have never lived through a hurricane but I have lived through a tornado. Not fun by any stretch of the imagination. Keep us posted, please.
Blessings,
Alan

You are in mine as well. i was just watching the weather and it looks like they are not sure where this one is going to go! I have lived through many hurricanes and they are not fun. If you are asked to evacuate, please evacuate ASAP. Many people wait and then are not able to get out. Please let us know how you are doing after Isaac leaves:)

Kerri

You are definitely in my prayers as I know hw scary hurricane down there can be. have an uncle who lives there also. God hold you and keep you not only during this scary time, but always. Dan

Thank you everyone, if they say to leave I am definitely not staying. I have been battling my illness for two years now and don't want to take any chances and be stupid. We only get one chance. Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes. Will keep everyone posted. Might end up in a state I have never been to before, this could be a new adventure in my life. God Bless

Bana, I lived on the Panhandle for 7 years and there is nothing like living thru a hurricane. Just be prepared with canned food, water, instant coffee/tea, creamers, a portable radio, flash lights, batteries and lots of paper towels to mop up any rain that comes in and a positive attitude helps too. We had an alcohol stove, the type used on boats and for camping and that was used for morning coffee and heating food. Just make sure you use it in a well vented area, like the garage. After the first storm, we got a generator and that was a blessing. Also, have a lot of clean clothes ready. That's important too. An ice chest works for a little while. We were fortunate that our water was never turned off, but the power was not restored for 3+ weeks from Ivan, "the Terrible". A hand saw is good to have if any limbs fall.

As of the latest weather news, 8/27, it looks like it's headed to Louisiana. I'll pray for you as your first hurricane can be quite frightening, but look at it as an adventure-you against the elements.
Cookie

As

Man, Cookie, that would be hard to do. Not be scared to death. I've never been in a hurricane but I have been in a tornado and it was scarey enough.
Blessings,
Alan

Alan,

Thanx for the blessings. I can use all that are sent my way during this difficult time for me. We prayed a lot and made the best of an untenable time during the hurricans. One has to do what is sent your way and have faith. Being prepared always helps too.
cookie

My prayers are with you and my family who live in Florida too!! I've lived through two out there and gosh it is no fun, but keep your chin up and this too shall pass. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

p3pattyo,

Thanx for the prayers, I sure need them. My life has turned upside down after the death of my hubby of 55 years. Now living in the high desert and have to find a new place to live, not by my choice. Life is sure full of challenges all the time, by I have faith that all will work out for the best. God Bless you too.
Cookie

Cookie, how awful that you lost your husband of 55 years and because of that you have to move. That's adding insult to injury. Yes, life is full of challenges and if we face each one we will come out on the other side a better person for having survived it. I hope God blesses you with a peace that passes all understanding.
Blessings,
Alan

Alan,
Thanx for the Blessings. I appreciate them. I have resigned myself to move again, even tho I'm not prepared to. With the help of God and all the prayers and blessings I have been receiving, this will be an easy passage in my life. Have a Blessed day.
Cookie : )

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Free Ostomy Samples

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Live with confidence

Image of ostomy brochures

Learn about ostomy, stoma care, selecting a pouching system, and more in ConvaTec's guides to living with confidence after ostomy surgery:

Great Comebacks on YouTube

Ostomy resources

Learn about a free resource for your ostomy needs

Great Comebacks e-mail newsletter

Community leaders