Save 15% on Ostomysecrets

Golfing Anyone?

Hi there...new to this blogging stuff...first discussion. At any rate--I read about someone who got on knees to empty pouch...OUCH! I could not do that...I have 6 hernated discs as well as 4 surgeries on each knee...I would never get up. LOL
I found a good trick:

I have a golf stool--one that you use when you see a golf tournament--it is just the right height to be able to sit in front of the stool and empty the bag.

So if you have bad knees, bad back, or would like to sit...try this...it works...

10 replies. Join the discussion

I have found bag useful in my gardening and around compost pile. Peace tlr

Yes a golf stool. We can call it the "stool" stool. What ever works!

I am at least one of those who kneel in front of the toilet to empty my pouch. I will say it's hard getting down there and back up, especially first thing in the morning. The golf stool sounds like a wonderful idea. And I like the play on words. A "stool" stool. Too funny.
Blessings,
Alan

COOKIELIN you made me laugh so hard with the stool,stool funny. lol ha ha
God bless you
Dolly

I stand up facing the toilet and lean over slightly. I drop in a folded piece of toilet paper just before I empty Buddy, to cut down on the splashes, and leave the seat down. Hold the bottom of the pouch facing up toward the ceiling while opening the seal and it will not just squirt out where you don't want it to. If I got down on my knees, someone would have to call Rent-A-Crane to get me up!!

Hugs from Marge

That is why I love my stool. Very little splash back and it travels with me. I have taken it on trips and it works great, too.

I empty mine, just sitting on the toilet... I don't understand why anyone would kneel or want to kneel to do this... hummm.. My toilets in the house have the elongated bowl... but I have no problem even in public restrooms.

Kneeling just seem easier to me. My toilets have the round bowl and there would be no room to empty the pouch if I were sitting on the toilet.
Blessings,
Alan

Once I sit my rear end on the bowl there is no room to empty Buddy. I stand up facing the bowl and hold the end up toward the ceiling when I release the velcro so it doesn't spurt out till I can direct it - we women always want to be in control! LOL

I love these replies. And there is very little room for me to sit on the bowl. My golf stool prevents splash back as well. The best is that it can travel with you.

This discussion is closed to replies. We close all discussions after 90 days.

If there's something you'd like to discuss, click below to start a new discussion.

Free Ostomy Samples

Things you can do

Discussion topics

Live with confidence

Image of ostomy brochures

Learn about ostomy, stoma care, selecting a pouching system, and more in ConvaTec's guides to living with confidence after ostomy surgery:

Great Comebacks on YouTube

Ostomy resources

Learn about a free resource for your ostomy needs

Great Comebacks e-mail newsletter

Community leaders